• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that would make great and funny (but preferably realistic) joke fighters

Technomage

Smash Champion
For example, Slippy would be a funny character to add to Smash with a joke moveset. His Up B would be him getting blasted upward by a laser blast, and his Neutral B would be throwing his Blaster at an opponent, only for the Blaster to shoot at Slippy upon contact with something. XD

Last edited:

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
I know, I know... A New Age Retro Hippie!
One of those guys would most certainly be a fantastic addition for that role.

And the best of all is that it would fit the wacky and random vibe of the Mother series. Also we definitely need more Earthbound characters in Smash.
This is practically as realistic as it could get.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Dan Hibiki (pretty much the original joke fighter)

Glass Joe (one of Nintendo's first notable weaklings)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Tingle would be incredible as a lethal joke character.
If we look at his Hyrule Warriors version he'd probably be pretty effective in the air but useless on the ground like a reverse Little Mac.

Apart from him, Magikarp seems like a great choice for a canonical joke character.
Maybe have an awesome Final Smash of summoning a Gyarados to give him something.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
I think Sandbag would be the best joke character. Imagine the trailer: Little Mac training, going mental on a sandbag. At the same time we get flashes of him fighting past Punch Out! characters. People at this point will be like: "Who's in!? Glass Joe!? King Hippo? Sandman!?" And just when Mac is about to unleash all his strength, the sandbag grows eyes, dodges the punch and tackles him, K.O!

UserKev

Smash Champion
In terms of joke characters, Pokémon has the most options. Sandbag is a legendary pick. Groose could be great.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I mean technically :ultpiranha: is already filling the Joke Character void since :ultpichu: became scary good this time around.

But for a new option....I wanna say Nester from Nintendo Power.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Beedy Long Legs from Pikmin. He mostly consists of kicks, with some headbutts and spider stuff. Also his alternate costume should be the one with hair in Pikmin 3.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I mean technically :ultpiranha: is already filling the Joke Character void since :ultpichu: became scary good this time around.

But for a new option....I wanna say Nester from Nintendo Power.
Yeah, I did find Piranha's reveal hilarious, though I would have prefererd the Goomba since he would have been even funnier.

Tingle would be incredible as a lethal joke character.
If we look at his Hyrule Warriors version he'd probably be pretty effective in the air but useless on the ground like a reverse Little Mac.

Apart from him, Magikarp seems like a great choice for a canonical joke character.
Maybe have an awesome Final Smash of summoning a Gyarados to give him something.
LOL I'm starting to imagine how Magikarp would play (including his animations) and I'm already laughing. XD

Last edited:

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking Blacephalon from Pokémon USUM; in fact, that was one if my earliest threads here on Smashboards, since I joined in April 2018.
I don't care about the character that much myself but seeing other reactions on how people will say stuff like "It should've been obscure character from 10-15 years ago instead of a Digimon". He'd probably would be a fun character to.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My choice would be the Octane from Rocket League.
I came up with a moveset for this:
Neutral-Boost

Side-Grappling Hook

Up-Plunger

Down-Swapper

Final Smash-Tornado

Top Bottom