• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that give you Trouble in For Glory

link2702

Smash Champion
Because using the term Scrublord is any better
Except he's right though, ryu most certainly isn't a brain dead character, he actually requires a ton of skill to use effectively, multi hit moves are a headache for him, and unless the player is skilled at sf as well as smash and can land his sf inputs perfectly every time, he's mediocre. Also every jump he does requires full commitment as he can't hit the brakes in the air like other characters.

CalebGamer14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CalebGamer14
thx fpr all the guys i played a :4mewtwo: and i won all the games we played.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Except he's right though, ryu most certainly isn't a brain dead character, he actually requires a ton of skill to use effectively, multi hit moves are a headache for him, and unless the player is skilled at sf as well as smash and can land his sf inputs perfectly every time, he's mediocre. Also every jump he does requires full commitment as he can't hit the brakes in the air like other characters.
Oh it's not to say that Ryu is a bad character, or with Falcon or Roy for that matter. They have high skill ceilings yes but the opposite is true. The skill floor is just as low as the skill ceiling is high, mostly due to them all having a generally great set of attributes that make them extremely easy to pick up and play (Good mobility, strong moves for damage and kills, rushdown playstyle). I do appreciate the level of skill to takes to master Ryu like any other character, I'm just saying that I despise fighting them on For Glory since 9 times out of 10 it's not going to be skilled player.

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
:4sheik:: Its really hard to approach her, and barely any of her moves are punishable (even her d-air seems unpublishable at times). It also doesn't help that she has a field day when :4ness: is offstage. This matchup is way more tolerable with :4pit: to me, but I still feel like I can't win.

:4rob:: It feels like he has so many good and unpunishable attacks (gyro, laser, down-smash, down-tilt, n-air, etc.) and I always feel like once R.O.B has momentum, I can't stop it. It feels like I'm being outplayed by the character rather than the player.

:4ness:: This is also a case of feeling like I'm outplayed by the character rather than the player. I always forget to DI up and away from PK Fire, and my stocks are usually ended because of a misspaced grab, resulting in the opponent grabbing me as a punish and backthrowing me. I find that I'm actually able to take stocks off of Ness reliability during edge guarding, unlike the other two characters.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Captain Falcon man... Captain Falcon... I could go on for hours.

I almost always have trouble against these guys, no matter how terrible they are. I don't mind fighting a Captain Falcon who is skilled and strategic, but more often than not I face one that relies on Raptor Boost, Falcon Kick, and lag to win... and it's really kind of getting old. :lol:
It's just that I come across one literally every 3 - 5 For Glory battles... there's no end to them.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
:4littlemac:, his horrible character design (worst in the game) just makes me so dang mad. Spam the A button, frame 1 jab beats everything. roll and spam smashes that have super armor and are completely unpunishable.

:4kirby: isn't too hard but he is my most hated character on FG and half the people on there play as him. I just hate the way they all try to act like pros, dair your shield, -doesn't work-, dair shield again, grab, throw, -misses combo-, bair, bair, bair, oh they're off stage, spam dair over and over. And the noobish ones are still annoying. Jumping around for years and not actually doing anything, trying to kirbcide over and over.

:4samus: Because they're always really salty people who sit there and spam missiles and CS. I just SD twice.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Projectile spamming characters is pretty obvious. I just leave after one match because I ain't dealing with their ****. I don't care if I win or lose, they're not worth it. As far as others:

:4littlemac: - Only the good ones puts me in a lot of pressure. Seems like no matter what I tried to do, I still end up getting my lights punched out. The bad to decent ones I have no problem dealing with.
:4luigi: - Down throw to aerials are still a thing and that pain in the ass Luigi Cyclone is as ****ed up as ever.
:4mario: - Anyone who does the down throw to up tilt chain can rot in hell.
:4sonic: - Spammers who does nothing but Spin Dash are the worst.
:4yoshi: - Don't get me started on this...thing.

However, out of the five characters I mentioned above, :4zss: and :4falcon: are the absolute worst to deal with overall, especially those who knows what they're doing. No matter who I play as, it's always the same bull**** with those two.

Last edited:

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
:4ganondorf:Common formula consist of wizard kicks from the air,attempt ganoncides and panic c sticking,not so much as unwinnable but since ganon can clutch stocks It can be kind of a nuisance.

:4falcon::9 out of 10 times I'm fighting him,ether try to style or getting dash grab happy.

:4rob::good thing rob ain't common,gyro and laser all day.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
:4dedede:: Most DDD's I fight tend to spam gordos and D-tilt far too often.

:4link:: Let me get this out of the way. I LOVE Legend of Zelda. Link is by far one of my favorite characters ever. It pains me whenever I see Link as my opponent because 98% of the time, they're spam happy scrubs that don't how to use a sword for anything but recovery.

:4luigi:: These are probably the most cocky players I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Most, if not all of them, spam fireballs, D-throw, and F-air like there's no tomorrow, and they always taunt, even if you SD.

:4marth:: I've heard he's not as good in this game. Then why is it that every single one I fight against actually good?

:4samus:: I think this should be self-explanatory.

:4sonic:: He lags the game from simply existing, and his up-air is just as bad as Diddy's before it got nerfed.

:4yoshi:: Oh BOY.

:4ness:: Screw this kid.

EDIT: :rosalina:: How could I forget her? I actually have quite a bit of respect for Rosalina players, probably due to her high learning curve, but dang, I'd be lying if I didn't say that she's a pain to deal with.

EDIT 2::4zss::Zero-skill Spamus needs no explanation as to why she's no fun to fight.

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
Pikachu. Its not the Pikachus on For Glory that really mess me up, its the ones on Anthers Ladder. I just don't completely know how to fight them yet.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Every character that uses a counter. Particularly the ones that use swords in their arsenals.

If I had to count the times I have trouble with them, it'd be endless.

Dem :4shulk:'s and :4lucina:'s.

:facepalm:.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
:4yoshi: Yoshi. Just... Yoshi. He's probably my most hated character to fight in this entire game. Fastest airspeed in the game, all around fantastic frame data, can juggle you to hell and has ridiculously fast and powerful smash attacks and one of the best projectiles in the game. Facing him is not fun especially when I'm going :4dedede: or :4kirby:.

:4falcon: :4sonic: Sonic and Falcon are boring characters to play, and even moreso boring characters to fight. They're so fast and can easily punish you in a moments notice that it's not hard to feel overwhelmed.
Isn't puff's the fastest air speed?

This is prety much my list too except for Falcon and Zelda. I pretty much destroy most Falcon's on FG with Kirby, but prolly because my training partner is a crazy good Falcon/Fox player so FG Falcons always seem like a mild inconvenience in comparison haha.

But fighting Yoshi/Sonic as Kirby...? Oh my Dear Goodness It feels just like the biggest freaking chore...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4myfriends:: I know this sounds weird but Ike is a character I always have trouble with no matter who I choose. Despite what most people say, his attacks come out fairly quick (jab, up-tilt) and he can kill really early.
:4yoshi:: Quick attacks (*cough* n-air *cough*), annoying kill set ups, and that dreaded d-air.
:4sonic:: Pretty self-explanatory.

I only have trouble with these guys under lots of lag (AKA the "3 Green L's"):
:4link:: Projectiles and rolls galore.
:4littlemac:: Smash attacks and rolls.
:4luigi:: Fireball to grab.

Also despite what most people say, I almost never have trouble with :rosalina: and :4ness:.

Top Bottom