• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters on Sakurai's Poll

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
I dont know about you guys but Todays update is great for me, simply because now I am almost DEFINETLY SURE The Doc will appear in the game, maybe he wont a Doc-a-fied moveset but its still cool to know that I can still play as him, and I might even be able to use my favourite Black outfit to! ... but they wouldnt be able to let the doc shoot fireballs would they? theyd have to atleast change the skin of the fireball, maybe not increase the POW or anything but just make it Doc-y

---

PS Do Sigs NOT appear in Quick Reply's?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I dont know about you guys but Todays update is great for me, simply because now I am almost DEFINETLY SURE The Doc will appear in the game, maybe he wont a Doc-a-fied moveset but its still cool to know that I can still play as him, and I might even be able to use my favourite Black outfit to! ... but they wouldnt be able to let the doc shoot fireballs would they? theyd have to atleast change the skin of the fireball, maybe not increase the POW or anything but just make it Doc-y
yes this is logical but think marios down B wouldnt dr mario be silly with fludd?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sorry for double posting, I never got a chance to read all of the post's before responding so now I gotta do it again.

Ok, now your just sort of avoiding the obvious truth here, you just could have said, my bad I was wrong it is a rule I thought you were making it up but instead you busted out a theory of how nothing has 0% chance ... do you see where Im getting at here? Just accept that its a rule and move on you dont got to try defend yourself on something so stupid ... I hope thats not a banned word but if it is you can make it out, im pretty sure.

well that is all on that topic

WHO WANTS TO DISCUSS RAY O1 SOME MORE?!?!?!
No, you seem to have misunderstood, I was merely pointing out that nothing other then explicit deconfirmations has a o%, I'm not saying nothing is deconfirmed, just nothing that is not explicitly deconfirmed.

Major difference.

Nintendo: Did Nintendo approach Konami about Super Smash Bros. or was it the other way around?

Masahiro Sakurai: Actually, what really brought about the Snake character was from a conversation I was having back when I was developing the Smash Bros. game for GameCube when Hideo Kojima phoned me and practically begged me to put Snake in the game, saying please, put him in there, I want him in there! But at that time we were already deep in development and I was thinking I wasn't able to get him in there and that we'd probably be making another Smash Bros. game afterward, so I kind of gave up on the idea and said it's too bad you hadn't brought this up earlier. And that was kind of the end of the story. But when this project came up, because Mr Kojima had contacted me, we reinitiated talks and managed to put Snake in this time. It's not so much a corporate level discussion but really more on a personal level between myself and Mr Kojima, but obviously a lot of people have been interested in the introduction of other characters in the Smash Bros. games, and Sonic has been brought up many, many times. Part of it is you have to have someone you can trust to take care of your character and do your character good, so we're looking at various possibilities. There are probably possibilities for other third-party characters as well, and it may be that even now there are corporate discussions going on at a high level about what characters to include, but maybe we'll talk to you about that a little bit later. Right now Snake is the only third-party character that has been confirmed for Super Smash Bros., but I think because we've announced Snake is in Super Smash Bros. that might open up opportunities for other third-party characters to also be included. But more than anything it's not just about having a character, but about having a character that's going to be fun to have in there.

Well, I sort of don't trust the translations after the whole "until now" debacle.

Erm, but even the English doesn't say only characters that appeared on a Nintendo console. It says:

But more than anything it's not just about having a character, but about having a character that's going to be fun to have in there.
That doesn't sound like explicit deconfirmation of characters that haven't appeared on Nintendo systems....

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
yes this is logical but think marios down B wouldnt dr mario be silly with fludd?
Doc's would be shooting prescription drugs from a backpack/hose :p
No, you seem to have misunderstood, I was merely pointing out that nothing other then explicit deconfirmations has a o%, I'm not saying nothing is deconfirmed, just nothing that is not explicitly deconfirmed.

Major difference.

Well, I sort of don't trust the translations after the whole "until now" debacle.

Erm, but even the English doesn't say only characters that appeared on a Nintendo console. It says:

That doesn't sound like explicit deconfirmation of characters that haven't appeared on Nintendo systems....

Ill try answering and Quoting more than one thing at a time, hope this works

Well I agree the fludd would look stupid and the backpack with drugs just doesent flow for me, maybe he can have a totally original Down B ... but then he'd be basically a new character ... well really it's more or less up to how much Mr.Sakuria cares about Doc, and if he thought he was good enough to be a standalone in Melee maybe he will go the extra mile for Mario's alternate.

Also I agree sort of Misunderstood but now I beleive you hevent read the link I gave you, it very cleary states that Characters that were not on a Nintendo consel are an "explicit deconfirmation" Read the link it has alot of useful info in it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Also I agree sort of Misunderstood but now I beleive you hevent read the link I gave you, it very cleary states that Characters that were not on a Nintendo consel are an "explicit deconfirmation" Read the link it has alot of useful info in it.
Ok, sorry misunderstood, thought that you meant the section that you quoted.

Yeah, I see it, lines 31-40.

Still, if anyone can point me to the original Japanese I'd like to double-check.

Del Money

Smash Champion
sure...why not? lets throw in Geno, a completely unlegendary character in the gaming world outside of ****ing SWF. and lets screw over greats like Mega Man and Bomberman in the process. i mean who cares if Mega Man is the 18th best-selling game franchise of all time? who cares if both Mega Man and Bomberman are true age-old video game icons in their own respect? and not to speak anything of Sonic who Sega is screwing over with that Olympic Games abomination. i mean, lets completely throw out the notion that the 3rd party slots should belong to easily recognized and liked 3rd party all-stars. lets put Geno in and while Sakurai's at it, lets toss in Glover and we can all have a merry ****ing christmas
I love lol'ing at myself...4 months ago, btw

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
I Just lol'ed I cant believe I missed such an awesome post, and yeah Boondocks is ****in sick too.

Anyone else think the the whole Coin launcher is an awesome mini game inside one kick *** game.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
sure...why not? lets throw in Geno, a completely unlegendary character in the gaming world outside of ****ing SWF. and lets screw over greats like Mega Man and Bomberman in the process. i mean who cares if Mega Man is the 18th best-selling game franchise of all time? who cares if both Mega Man and Bomberman are true age-old video game icons in their own respect? and not to speak anything of Sonic who Sega is screwing over with that Olympic Games abomination. i mean, lets completely throw out the notion that the 3rd party slots should belong to easily recognized and liked 3rd party all-stars. lets put Geno in and while Sakurai's at it, lets toss in Glover and we can all have a merry ****ing christmas
Megaman=Samus knockoff, Bomberman=only bombs and punches Geno=original setup

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Samus and Megaman are totally unrelated in the sense that Mega man acutally has ALOT more possibilites for a moveset than Samus. and aside from the arm cannon, they aren't really anything alike. Geno is only really popular with people who are ignorant enough to think Samus and Megaman would be clones apparently. >_<

626key

Smash Journeyman
Samus and Megaman are totally unrelated in the sense that Mega man acutally has ALOT more possibilites for a moveset than Samus. and aside from the arm cannon, they aren't really anything alike. Geno is only really popular with people who are ignorant enough to think Samus and Megaman would be clones apparently. >_<
I agree, but if they were clones how would mega man do samuses down b

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Yah! Don't forget Megaman has a pp and Samus has a vajayjay. Lmao.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
Well either way we aint getting megaman and I GOT PROOF (Before anyone goes "o noez flamin n00b 11! get the *** out noob liar MEGAMAN FTW1!112124395" or something)
---
"If you're anything like us, you might be hoping that one of the daily dojo updates will drop the bomb that Mega Man will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Unfortunately, it looks like that isn't happening.

Bionic Commando recently interviewed Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man, who had this to say regarding Brawl: "Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It's a great series...but, Nintendo hasn't asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I'm still waiting...we have a little bit of time left, it's not coming out for another few months."

Somebody, call the man! But in reality, it seems too late to add the lovable blue robot if they haven't already (the game comes out next month in Japan). Is anybody as bummed as this blogger, or are you glad that Mega Man won't be involved in Brawl?" - Candace Savino, Wiifanboy
---

Here's the original link http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/22/no-mega-man-in-brawl-it-seems/

Theres an official Deconfirmation for yah, unless this guy knows nothing ... which I doubt but sorta hope for...dont much like 3rd partys but Megaman WOULD be cool.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well I'm not trying to sound ignorant but I really just can't picture Megaman differennt, besides maybe one or two moves

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well I'm not trying to sound ignorant but I really just can't picture Megaman differennt, besides maybe one or two moves
Samus has missiles,grapple beam, the morph ball, and only uses her cannon for the charge shot.
MM won't be a clone.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Well either way we aint getting megaman and I GOT PROOF (Before anyone goes "o noez flamin n00b 11! get the *** out noob liar MEGAMAN FTW1!112124395" or something)
---
"If you're anything like us, you might be hoping that one of the daily dojo updates will drop the bomb that Mega Man will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Unfortunately, it looks like that isn't happening.

Bionic Commando recently interviewed Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man, who had this to say regarding Brawl: "Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It's a great series...but, Nintendo hasn't asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I'm still waiting...we have a little bit of time left, it's not coming out for another few months."

Somebody, call the man! But in reality, it seems too late to add the lovable blue robot if they haven't already (the game comes out next month in Japan). Is anybody as bummed as this blogger, or are you glad that Mega Man won't be involved in Brawl?" - Candace Savino, Wiifanboy
---

Here's the original link http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/22/no-mega-man-in-brawl-it-seems/

Theres an official Deconfirmation for yah, unless this guy knows nothing ... which I doubt but sorta hope for...dont much like 3rd partys but Megaman WOULD be cool.
There are two things. One, if Sakurai and Hal Labs did make contact to use Rock in Brawl, no confirmation could be given in an interview (well, it could but then it'd force a reveil on the site).

Two, the quote's subtext, "[...]it's not coming out for another few months." Means that either the interview is a few months old, badly translated, or flat out wrong. The interview would need to have been done back in November for the subtext of 'another few months' to be correct.

Now, Rock or no Rock the game will still be great, but I'm simply pointing out some of the issues this deconfirmation has.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Megaman=Samus knockoff, Bomberman=only bombs and punches Geno=original setup
LOL I posted that 4 months ago, dude.

1. Mega Man isn't a Samus knockoff. One common weapon hardly means anything. Otherwise, Marth is a Link clone by your logic.

2. Bomberman has a cornucopia of attacks at his disposal.

3. I used to hate Geno because Smashboards was (and still kinda is) loaded with his fans and he was ridiculously popular on Sakurai's Japanese-only poll which was extremely biased (hence the Japanese-only part). I figured he could easily deprive Mega Man of the 3rd party slot behind Sonic (who I was skeptical about getting in because Sega is incompetent as hel these days). But at this point I don't really care anymore. I don't dislike Geno and could care less for his inclusion in Brawl so long as Mega Man got in. Mega Man is easily more popular than Geno and easily more deserving of a 3rd party slot even if the stupid poll doesn't show it, but I don't influence Sakurai's decisions. Worse comes to worse, I'll just go out and win the lottery and hire someone else to make a legit smash-like game starring deserving, iconic characters. And the game can be for PC since I don't have a Wii yet.

Sneakz

Smash Apprentice
There are two things. One, if Sakurai and Hal Labs did make contact to use Rock in Brawl, no confirmation could be given in an interview (well, it could but then it'd force a reveil on the site).

Two, the quote's subtext, "[...]it's not coming out for another few months." Means that either the interview is a few months old, badly translated, or flat out wrong. The interview would need to have been done back in November for the subtext of 'another few months' to be correct.

Now, Rock or no Rock the game will still be great, but I'm simply pointing out some of the issues this deconfirmation has.
Well there two things I got against your analysis of the interview, one be, "One, if Sakurai and Hal Labs did make contact to use Rock in Brawl, no confirmation could be given in an interview"

True it wouldn't be confirmed in an interview however it wouldn't be declined either right? Dont they always say stuff like " I dont have any information on the topic or I can't say anything as of now"... right?

Two the quote by not actually be subtext, it seems to flow to me and might just be a pause, I do all the time ... see? Also what reason would they have to remove a certain area on a subject where every bit of info counts?

Not tryin to deconfirm Megaman here but just trying to be sure right?

Greevy

Smash Cadet
Was Princess Katia and Lost Kingdoms that well loved in Japan for her to appear on the poll? If she gets in she's my main. Next to Melee, Lost Kingdoms was my most played game for GC. I'm still praying for a LK3.

Oh, and screw Sora. I know he himself is a longshot but I'd much rather have the even bigger longshot of Mickey, Kingdom Hearts or Classic SNES games form, preferably a combo of the two. Just imagine... Mario versus Mickey... it can be King Mickey only so he "first appeared in a video game."

626key

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that Mickey will be in brawl as a playable fighter, but if he is I will eat a baseball cap

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
are there any more games that deserve representation?
Yes, considering there's an empty icon spot in the DOJO site. (There's actually 2 but I believe one will be G&W considering the spot is in the Melee range)

Also, whoever thinks Mega Man is a Samus clone has no clue what they both do.

And...what the hell at the Mickey Mouse suggestion. He's not going to be in Brawl, no matter what. His incarnation does not count either. That is stupid.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Yes, considering there's an empty icon spot in the DOJO site. (There's actually 2 but I believe one will be G&W considering the spot is in the Melee range)

Also, whoever thinks Mega Man is a Samus clone has no clue what they both do.

And...what the hell at the Mickey Mouse suggestion. He's not going to be in Brawl, no matter what. His incarnation does not count either. That is stupid.
What do you mean by Icon spot?

Top Bottom