• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character with best Hit box?

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I think Pikachu has best hit box, Samus has best Air attack hit box, and luigi has best up B attack hit box.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Luigi's, Mario's, DK's, Samus', and Falcon's up-tilts aren't "way too good." That's nearly half the cast.
huh? DK's up-tilt is hax, Luigi's is alright (same with Mario, they practically have the same utilt) and Falcon's uptilt is way better than samus'

DMoogle

A$
Of course they are. I didn't say they were useless, or not good. Most of them are good. Just not spamable good/i.e. way too good.

DMoogle

A$
DK's dash is wayyyyyyyy worse than Samus' up-tilt. Samus' up-tilt doesn't have constant knockback, therefore it won't always allow your opponent to be able to counter. DK's dash attack does have constant knockback, so it should always allow your opponent to counter (maybe not vs. Jiggly).

Looking at it another way, it's possible (albeit extremely difficult) to combo with Samus' up-tilt, but not DK's dash.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If you hit late in DK's dash attack, you can combo out of it. Hitting with the start of it will result in you getting combo'd.

In my opinion, at high level play, Puff gets the award for worst move in the game with sing (up-B). I mean, if you do manage to hit your opponent with it early, they can easily mash out of it before you finish singing, resulting in you getting hit. No good player would be dumb enough to get hit by sing late in the move (and even then, you could probably escape it lol). What's worse, is the higher your opponent's damage, the faster they break out of it.

The best move in the game by far is DK's down-B in the air. It's so broken, there's no start-up lag or ending lag. You can literally do anything out of it.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
In my opinion, at high level play, Puff gets the award for worst move in the game with sing (up-B). I mean, if you do manage to hit your opponent with it early, they can easily mash out of it before you finish singing, resulting in you getting hit. No good player would be dumb enough to get hit by sing late in the move (and even then, you could probably escape it lol). What's worse, is the higher your opponent's damage, the faster they break out of it.
jigglypuffs sing is definitley not the worst, normal sing works great for trapping people tech rolling, (and most people are surprised enough that they forget to button mash), and teleport sing is just way too cool.
i have actually used it as a finisher,
-teleport sing'd into link who was on the edge of the main platform in hyrule, the momentum pushed him off into a torndao on the left hand side.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Against a low-mid-level player, sing, if used properly, can be an amazing attack. However, at high level play, people won't be shocked to the point where they won't button mash.

But yeah, I know what you mean, I use sing to start and continue combos against my local 64 smashers. Some don't mash out. Though the few that do often escape whatever I had planned for them after sing.

In doubles, sing is by far the best move in the game. Having two puffs alternating sing on an opponent is just too good. I tried this out, and yes, it does work against someone with decent button-mashing skills. During that time, you and your teammate can plan the amazing combo you want to pull off (that usually ends with a rest - rest combo lol :p

but yeah, in seriousness, at high level play, you're never going to combo anything out of sing.

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
overall, kirby.
move, dk's B
Shape: falcon's utilt(seriously lol, sometime im facing the opposite side and i get to hit in a full 180 motion + higher than cf)

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Half the stomping dairs, you can practically just throw a dair out there and leave it sit and wait for someone to up+B into it. I personally hate pika's uptilt just for ******* that spam it like its going out of style, and ness's uptilt for how long it stays out and its effect on fast fallers if you miss di'ing it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
marios utilt is nearly as effective as ness's
ness's up tilt has more speed. It is overall much better at comboing at lower and higher percents. It can combo into itself. It combo's into Ness's main killer and DJC's. The only thing mario's up tilt is better at is its range.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
outer space can fall on ness and still get beaten by Ness' utilt priority

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you hit late in DK's dash attack, you can combo out of it. Hitting with the start of it will result in you getting combo'd.

Unless you use a wired like me, which can only take like three inputs at a time, which means my mashing skills suck, which means I can't escape in time at low percents ("fun" thing to try out if you ever play me, I can be infinited by Sing at 0%... *ragequit*)

I can't reset matches either but those are two out of like only five small limitations the keyboard gives me so I guess it's k.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
haha keyboard limit! I know exactly how you feel (sometimes, up-Bing while pressing left does nothing).

As for resetting the match, what I found to work was press your A & B buttons, them mash your Z and R buttons (or hold two, mash two) at various intervals. Eventually it will somehow record all four buttons at once... don't know how...

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
marios utilt is nearly as effective as ness's
lolwut x 50?

Mario has the worst utilt IMO. It's really slow, hard to get good players with it. And if you miss with it, your screwed because there's more of an after-lag than everyone else's. Ness's utilt is like a boss, probably only kirby's is better.

Top Bottom