• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character with best Hit box?

dandan

Smash Lord
lolwut x 50?

Mario has the worst utilt IMO. It's really slow, hard to get good players with it. And if you miss with it, your screwed because there's more of an after-lag than everyone else's. Ness's utilt is like a boss, probably only kirby's is better.
what about samus utilt, mario's utilt is not the worst in the game, just not the best either.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Mario utilt is kinda bad, but there are worse utilts like jiggly's and.... dunno, maybe Samus and DK?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Mario utilt is kinda bad, but there are worse utilts like jiggly's and.... dunno, maybe Samus and DK?
I think DK and Jigglypuff have some of the overall above average ones

DK can kill with it and it has great range
Jigglypuff can combo JigglyMaster style multiple up tilts into a rest.

dandan

Smash Lord
I think DK and Jigglypuff have some of the overall above average ones

DK can kill with it and it has great range
Jigglypuff can combo JigglyMaster style multiple up tilts into a rest.
you just have to make sure to never whiff a dk utilt.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
One time I was kirby and did a dtilt on a Ness while he was doing utilt. My Dtilt went right through him, no clank either. Invincibility frames?

rpotts

Smash Lord
DK's utilt is the only one that comes out as fast as kirbys. Unfortunately is has massive ending lag.

I just watched princes DK combos (all character vid) and the only comboing dash attack i saw was into a piranha on MK. I have never seen it combo

DMoogle

A$
It's not invincibility, just a moved vulnerability box. Ness jumps when he does his up-tilt, I'm guessing his vulnerability box jumps with him.

DK's utilt is the only one that comes out as fast as kirbys.
This is incorrect. DK has the one and only fastest utilt in the game, with a starting lag of 5 frames. Kirby's has a starting lag of 6 frames, which is the same as Luigi's, Mario's, Pikachu's, and Ness'.

Source: antd's startup frame data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p2VcZS6YDXFZBqNHNze3oUw&gid=1

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Falcon's Uair is like the best move in the game, tippered Uair has sooooooooo much knockback

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Mario's U-Tilt isn't THAT bad...it's just that pretty much everyone else's (except the axe kicks) are better, and even then the axe kicks aren't that much worse.

DK's U-Tilt is amazing. He has so many moves that yell gtfo to people in his immediate vicinity.

D

Deleted member

Mario's uptilt isn't bad at all and is useful for comboing at certain percents

it also has decent kok block properties like most up-tilts

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Why do Hit boxes space out crazy far sometimes?

My mario fighting a fox, My up smash hit him far enough you could stick a pikachu in there and it hit him perfectly. But then i tried it again and it wouldn't hit him for **** and it was at same angle as before. Is there any trick to spacing your hit box out?

Top Bottom