• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character stereotypes

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It pleases my heart to see more and more noobs take an interest here.

:fox: USMASH USMASH USMASH!!!
Let me adjust this-

good :fox:- RJCU, juggle, laser mindgames, ***** because people underestimate him....

:snake: Because jab spam is just that good.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Snake is most fun for shredding noob peaches to pieces.

I also noticed, on the other sterotype list, I would probably be an Ike main.

Tall, skinny, has a lot to say...

Oh ****, this can't be right...

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
From my own experience:

:mario2: Someone who just got the game.
:luigi2: An advanced player who thinks nobody knows about his taunt.
:peach: Noob who plays as random.
:bowser2: Suicide bomber.
:dk2: Suicide bomber.
:diddy: Annoying taunter.
:yoshi2: Either a noob (usually a noob) or someone who knows what they are doing.
:wario: Noob who spams his down B.
:link2: Technical player.
:zelda: Noob who spams her fireballs.
:sheik: Noob who spams her chain.
:ganondorf: Noob who believes power is everything.
:toonlink: Annoying player, although not necessarily a taunter.
:samus2: Likes to hide and shoot.
:zerosuitsamus: Someone who thinks nobody else knows how to start a match as ZSS.
:pit: Noob who has never used another character.
:popo: Played as random.
:rob: Played as random.
:kirby2: Noob who thinks flying is everything.
:metaknight: Noob who thinks they can win if they spam Meta Knight's attacks. And they can.
:dedede: Just wants to chaingrab.
:olimar: Someone who wants to be seen as an annoying noob but actually is a very good player.
:fox: Melee player who just got into Brawl.
:falco: Good player.
:wolf: Spammer who never tried another character.
:falcon: Either a noob playing as the coolest character or an advanced player who knows Captain Falcon is secretly Top-Tier.
:pikachu2: Kid or other Pokefreak who only has the game because Pikachu is in it.
:pt: Another Pokefreak.
:lucario: A calm but serious player.
:jigglypuff: Advanced player who wants more than to just beat you badly.
:marth: Noob who read the guidebook or heard of Ken Hoag.
:ike: Noob who plays as only cool characters or rarely an advanced player.
:ness2: Noob who only ever played as Ness.
:lucas: Noob who realized Ness sucks.
:gw: Played as random.
:snake: Noob who realized Snake is overpowered.
:sonic: YOUR TOO SLOW!

Zulo

Smash Ace
I'm going to take a different spin on this and stereotype the experienced players that you see every now and then.

:mario2: Knows how to approach with fireballs, but most use dsmash too much and fsmash too little.
:rosalina: Abuses turnips, but does so well with glide tossing and spacing. Also does a lot of dair combos.
:dk2: Goes for a lot of kills, since this is wifi and all, with smash attacks. Also uses bair a lot.
:yoshi2: Taunts after every kill. One of the most likely to abuse items, even the skilled players.
:wario: Taunts after every kill. A generally well-rounded player though, albeit somewhat trollish.
:zelda: Most likely not a female player. Often times will try to pass as a taunter then sneak a kill, other times will just come out and fight.
:toonlink: Doesn't camp enough.
:zerosuitsamus: Me. Seriously though, I hardly ever see any good ZSS players online. I've fought one, who was good at spacing with side special.
:popo: Can probably do the cg offline, and might do one or two to prove it, but generally won't cg you to death or for the entire match.
:kirby: Tries to mix things up, but there's not much room for Kirby to do that. Usually pretty good at killing unsuspecting victims with fmsmash.
:dedede: Dthrow, ftilt, bair.
:fox: Haven't seen any really good Fox players online, but the ones I've seen use utilt and dair > dsmash frequently.
:wofl: Oddly, one of the most likely to projectile camp. Uses a lot of jab, ftilt, and fsmash/dsmash.
:pikachu: A lot will try to use QAC even though they can't control it enough to be effective (including myself), generally not enough dtilt or fsmash but a lot of aerials.
:squirtle: Gets in your face with jabs, tilts, and aerials. Doesn't kill well though.
:charizard: Still uses aerials, will get rock smash kills.
:jigglypuff: :troll:
:ike: Most don't actually do jab canceling, but use a lot of aerials as well.
:lucas: Knows how to connect with deadly smashes.
:snake: Does more close-combat fighting than nade camping. Most can DACUS.
:luigi: Goes for SHURYUKEN more than necessary, but good at killing anyways.
:bowser2: Will probably only go Bowser for one round. They're just too big of a target and get frustrated.
:diddy: Lolno.
:link: Pretty good player, good at annoying you with boomerang.
:sheik: Zelda player who wanted to surprise you by going a higher-tier character.
:ganondorf: About to either mindgame the **** out of you, or lose.
:samus2: Camps the whole. Freaking. Match.
:pit: I honestly can't say. Probably because whenever I see a good Pit, I just go attack it. |D
:rob: Good offstage game and utilization of gyro.
:metaknight: Salty.
:olimar: Srs.
:falco: Wants to style on you.
:falcon: Good player who mains someone else but doesn't deem you worth using their main.
:ivysaur: Lol what are you doing why are you using Ivysaur stop it.
:lucario: Can't really think of anything specific. Not enough of them build up their aura on purpose, though. That's the fun way to play Lucario.
:marth: Everybody on wifi uses Marth. And they all stylin'.
:ness2: Basically just hates me and wants to annoy me and nothing else.
:gw: Wants to get kills.
:sonic: Not necessarily a troll, might actually know how to effectively spindash.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
:fox: (Skilled) Knows every trick in Fox's book, knowing that his survival depends on tech skill (ACing and laser timing mostly. ) Fights like it's life or death in every match.

:sonic: Again, knows his techs but struggles to effectively/unpredictably use them.

I.E., CiTH combo.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
What the heck...here is mines...

:mario2:: Beginners most likely. Or players that have played an older Smash title and finally gotten their hands on Brawl and want to use an character that was in the old roster.

:luigi2:: Players that want to use his silly taunts in addition to the down taunt spike on opponents off stage. More or so people who believe "Weegee" is everything.

:peach:: Players that will 1) Try to seduce other players thinking it is a female player. 2) Try to be stuck up. 3) Surprising chilled and know what to do. Known to spam Peach Bomber thinking it cannot be punished.

:bowser2: Players that believe Bowser's old tricks in the Mario serie games will have anything going for him in Brawl. Most common thing in mind is Bowser Bomb suicides. Overall people thinking because Bowser is heavy he can live forever.

:dk2: Players that like to spam headbutt, tilts, and his smash attacks due to his good ground range. Also not to mention the cargo carry grab to stage spike he has.

:diddy: Players that just want to annoy or get kicks out of tripping people with the Bananas and see their reactions.

:yoshi2: Players that mostly focus on annoying you to death with Egg Throw, Egg Lay, and if he/she is trying to crashing tying to always go for Yoshi Slam.

:wario: Players that get a kick out of using Wario Waft to trip you or hitting you over and over with Wario Bike. Horrible at recovering.

:link2: Players that think the hero of Hyrule can simply take on anyone easily. Enjoys using DAir over any of his aerials. Out of all the projectiles they spam Gale Boomerang and Hero's Bow the most. Clumsy with his bad recovery.

:zelda: Players that think just because she is pretty she can't be touched and or stuck up. Goes berserk if you accidentally attack them. Suckers always side with Zelda.

:sheik: Players that enjoy spamming Needle Storm or FTilt locking. They also enjoy getting people trapped in her jab.

:ganondorf: Players that are good and can show that Ganon can handle anything despite being on the bottom of the tier list. Ganon enjoys his Flame Choke and DAir.

:toonlink: Players that are just plain annoying and a nuisance. To them DAir and more DAir is all their answers.

:samus2: Enjoys camping and can make real good use of ZAir. Always goes for spikes.

:zerosuitsamus: Prefers a faster Samus and wants to tick people off with her instant 3 armor pieces. Trying to take advantages of her longer range attacks.

:pit: Overall the most annoying character for annoying people. Angel Ring, Angel Ring, Angel Ring non-stop. Spams arrows to force approaches. Worst character for anyone who loves to non-stop spam.

:popo: Another character for those who love to annoy to plain out just be annoying. Spam Icebergs and Blizzard. Rarely you'll find good Ice Climbers and those that can do the infinite chain grab.

:rob: Players that just want to sit tight in one spot and throw Gyros and Laser Beam until it finally angers one person to approach them then will 80% of the time use DSmash to get them out of their faces.

:kirby2: The most known character to be used by Noobs and bad players due to his predictable tactics (Since those predictable tactics have worked for them in the past and think it will always work now.) and popularity. Stone is their overall strategy which only works if you're too occupied or you get hit that sends you straight into a Stone attack. Bad players are also common to fail at Inhale for Kirbicides since they absorb their ability instead or they get foot stool and use Final Cutter to make it back but miss the edge. A good Kirby can easily be overshadowed due to the high number of bad ones.

:dedede: Either to spam throw Waddle Dee Throw, Dedede's Inhale to Dededicides, fully charged Jet Hammer approaches or FSmash spammers and or lastly the King Dedede player that wants to do infinite chain grabs.

:metaknight: Those who know that Meta Knight is broken and the best character and assume they're unstoppable when they use him. Spam all his specials. Mach Tornado the most with Drill Rush being second. Quick to use DSmash if you get close to Meta Knight. Bad players using him can easily catch players off guard by sudden Shuttle Loops. Their biggest habit is screwing up his recover or Drill Rush off the stage. A good Meta Knight will definitely be a nightmare for anyone.

:olimar: Rare to encounter. Only to those that like the game Pikmin or will known exactly how to use him. Expect to use quick attacks that can get Pikmin off you. Good Olimar players eat bad players or Noobs for breakfast.

:fox: Another character favored by Star Fox fans or because he is fast and strong. Spam Lasers and smash attacks. They enjoy grounded Fox Phantasms as well. Good Foxes are also overshadowed by bad ones.

:falco: Used often times by players with some knowledge or a real good Falco. Players that go for chain grabs to DAir when it gets you off stage. Enjoys short hopped lasers.

:wolf: Probably the number one Star Fox series character that gets picked just to spam smash attacks. FSmash in particular since he travels in the direction he is facing usually with DSmash as a fallow up if the opponent dodges or shields the FSmash. Hardly uses lasers or shine tactics.

:falcon: Show me your moves!!! Knee Of Justice!!! FALCON PUUNNNCHHH!!!

:pt: Often picked by Pokemon lovers. Often times goes into battle with no type of strategy of approach or defense. Good ones are rare.

:pikachu2: Real annoying if they want to annoy or if left alone. Thunder can be trouble despite bad players staling that move to death while being real stale having strong knock back still. Like Meta Knight you get too close to Pikachu or vice versa expect DSmash 90% of the time. Recover wise bad Pikachu players will often times fail to make it back on stage or grab the edge with QAC. Also constant Skull Bash attacks when the opponents to too busy.

:lucario: Calm and serious players. Often waits for the right moment to strike or throw charged Aura Spheres. Underestimated when he gets at high percentages since he gets stronger.

:jigglypuff: Players that will use Sing to try to put players to sleep or will go for Rest. Or will self destruct by shattering her shield from it shrinking too much.

:marth: Picked for his good range and good attacks. Mostly known to use FSmash if you try to approach Marth directly. Good and bad Marths are quite common.

:ike: Plain out picked because of his strong attacks and smash attacks. Often will go for FSmash since it KOs real early. Mostly players getting desperate to win a match. Good Ikes can be deadly due to the lack of spacing since you got more than Ike to worry about.

:ness2: Players that focus on punishing and baiting. Also will go for PK Thunder 2 and PK Flash when everyone is too busy to worry about Ness. Known to always for DAir when an opponent is off stage. One of the most grabby characters too thanks to his strong BThrow at higher percentages.

:lucas: Another annoying character. Enjoys spamming all his PK moves and PK Freeze and PK Fire. Their main move is that deadly strong USmash.

:gw: Players that will spam Judge in hopes of landing the #9. Or his strong and fast smash attacks in hopes to win. Like Toon Link they love to spam DAir a lot too.

:snake: Bad Snake users enjoy grenades and Nikita Missiles. They love using those strong disjointed tilts of his too. Good Snakes are very deadly if you get one.

:sonic: Just to spam his taunts to tick someone off then when they beat someone either in a match or sudden death then will leave the group. Or if he sticks around will gain the lead then run away until the timer runs out. Sonic players are also quite grabby too. They enjoy using dash attack a lot. Try not to be KO by Sonic or else expect "Your too slow!" or "Come on! Step it up!"

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Stereotypes are the last thing coming to mind when fighting a good player.

Although, I occasionally think inputting up on the right stick will make me do a Kamehameha rather than a usmash.

Have to focus on one game at a time.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
But why would you care? BB noobs don't count as intelligent life anyway, xD.

I reached 666 posts. :demon:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
True, stemming from the fact that BB itself is pointless.

Stereotype lists are just made for lulz anyway.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Made stereotypes for bad players :)

:bowserbrawl: Thought that because Bowser has ko power, they will do well
:diddybrawl: Doesn't exist :/
:icsbrawl: Side B, side b, side b, side b, side b, side b, side b...
:dededebrawl: See Bowser
:linkbrawl: Spams dair and fsmash. Also most likely a LoZ fan
:mariobrawl: Ftilt, ftilt, ftilt, ftilt, ftilt...
:olimarbrawl: From what I've seen, the people who play him on BB don't even know how to play...
:pikachubrawl: Dsmash, B, Side B, Down B, and fsmash. Is bad at recovering...
:ptbrawl: I've seen more good ones than bad ones, so no stereotype.
:samusbrawl: Wants to show off that they can change into ZSS
:wariobrawl: Wants to ride their motorcycle and fart on you
:yoshibrawl: -SD's-
:sheikbrawl: Thinks that Sheik has the best jab. Ftilt, ftilt, ftilt...
:falcobrawl: The only times I would see Falcos other than me was when I started showing off AT's and they wanted to do them too
:jigglypuffbrawl:
:luigibrawl: Really just wants to Up-B you.
:gwbrawl: Fsmash! Dsmash! Upsmash! Side B! Repeat!
:robbrawl: Laser, gyro, dsmash, repeat...
:sonicbrawl: Has a hard time landing anything unless it's dash attack
:wolfbrawl: Fsmash all day
:dkbrawl: See Bowser/D3
:foxbrawl: Laser and upsmash
:ikebrawl: See Bowser/D3/DK
:kirbybrawl: A player who thinks that his down b is amazing because computer practically NEVER shield it.
:lucasbrawl: Can't recover correctly
:metaknightbrawl: Looked at the tier list and wants to spam tornado
:peachbrawl: A player who gives the impression that they're nice but really just wants to see everyone burn
:pitbrawl: Just...really bad
:zssbrawl: Wants to throw armor pieces and spam sideb. When a ZSS sees a Snake, the ZSS will always run to him
:zeldabrawl: A Peach having her period
:falconbrawl: HYEZ!
:ganonbrawl: See those other powerful guys...
:lucariobrawl: Very bad at Lucario
:marthbrawl: Fsmash, fsmash, fsmash, fsmash...
:nessbrawl: See Lucas
:snakebrawl: Ftilt, ftilt, ftilt, ftilt, nkita...offstage...cypher grabbed...dead
:toonlinkbrawl: Personally, they prefer dair
:randombrawl: All of the above

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Actually, MK players spam pretty much any move, xD.

You didn't write anything for Jiggs.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
LOL. Stupid mistakes. Anyway, ZSS stereotype is perfect. It's always funny to see an unsuspecting ZSS taunter get ***** by my Snake.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Bad word choice indeed, but it is a shock to them to see someone that can actually beat them. Most wifi noobs are high off their *** and think they're the ****.

Top Bottom