• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character & Stage Select Screen (UPDATED) - 01/23/08

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
the the number might go back to about 46 or 48 later.
do u mean the bottom boxes where i have DK? or the character boxes?
Yeah ,I meant the boxes where DK is. They were a lot bigger at E for All. could you re-post your screen with 48 boxes? thanks for listening. it's good to see a selection screen thread which is open to suggestions!
oh yeah, in the stages select screen should there be a way to choose your custom made stages?

Croco

Smash Lord
thats is.....awsome!!! i really like this.keep it up!!!!
thanks
Yeah ,I meant the boxes where DK is. They were a lot bigger at E for All. could you re-post your screen with 48 boxes? thanks for listening. it's good to see a selection screen thread which is open to suggestions!
oh yeah, in the stages select screen should there be a way to choose your custom made stages?
I am going to try to make it 48 boxes this week and thanks for the idea about the custom stages.
Still waitin' on the ICs to move on over to the Dreamland/Earthbound/Pokemon area...

lolz No rush though, Croco. Keep on keepin' on.
thanks. Should I move Pit over there also?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
All I can really say is remove the two random options that you have. I'm absolutly sure there won't be two lol. :]

Everything else looks perfect :D

Croco

Smash Lord
All I can really say is remove the two random options that you have. I'm absolutly sure there won't be two lol. :]

Everything else looks perfect :D
Thanks I will try that.

I don't know. He's somewhat realistic and seems to fit well there next to the Middle Earth-type swordsman, fairy warrior, and magical princess. That one's up to you.

But the ICs should definitely scoot over.
Yeah I know. I will experiment with it.

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
This is really awesome, nice job!

The only thing I don't like is the placement of the characters.

Croco

Smash Lord

Croco

Smash Lord
Way to keep up Croco!

When you get some free time, you should try squeezing the two Metroid stages together.
Yeah I am going to move them together.. and it is bugging me also.. lol

I'm still waiting for 48 characters... (insert smiley here)
I've been working on it on and off.
If we get another character update I will show the new one.

raybobindustries

Smash Rookie
While this looks very nice and very crisp, are you taking into consideration that it's in 16x9 widescreen? What would happen to those of us using 4x3?

Also, while it looks crisp and amazing, your menu is in HD. There's no way standard TVs can show all the detail in the character's faces as you have it. To me, this only proves Sakurai will be changing the design of he character select screen with either A ) smaller character boxes, or B ) multiple pages of characters.

Croco

Smash Lord
While this looks very nice and very crisp, are you taking into consideration that it's in 16x9 widescreen? What would happen to those of us using 4x3?

Also, while it looks crisp and amazing, your menu is in HD. There's no way standard TVs can show all the detail in the character's faces as you have it. To me, this only proves Sakurai will be changing the design of he character select screen with either A ) smaller character boxes, or B ) multiple pages of characters.
I don't think it really matters. Does it? I only made this for fun.
We already know Brawl is supporting both formats.. sooo yeah.. parts of the menu will be adjusted.

Croco

Smash Lord
Do you think we'll have so few chars? I think we'll have more... Don't forget this game was planned to be out a year ago, so characters were added I guess.

Btw, Nice work on the new look ;) We have a loooong road for a new box on that screen :(.
Oh I think we will have more.. :)
Thanks.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't think we'll have more characters than that (if even that many) but I think this is the most accurate and best fake I've seen so far. Good job with it ^^

And seeing the stage select made me really worry, with all the Melee stages... so many stages revealed already! I'm worried there won't be many more left to see!

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Hi! Wow, its been ages since ive been on here! I posted on the first page AGES ago, and looking back, I think im too harsh to your earlier work... :urg:

Anyways, now, its by far the best roster mock-up on the internet right now, and I think it will be until launch. Major props, man, you've got some skills!

I like your stage sren as well, very fitting... like the way you've subtly included the stadium place from the SSE into it! :chuckle:

If I HAD to make ONE change, all it would be is that you just swap Peach and Bowser, and then move Yoshi (and all the chars to the right of him) one space to the right. This is because, after Luigi, I think we are pretty much guaranteed to get another Mario character, and the only ones I can think of that would be able to make it are Bowser Jr and Geno (hence the Bowser movement).

Anyway, this is SEVERE nitpicking im making here... I actually had to really try to find anything remotely wrong with it! And this isnt even wrong! Its more like some little idea based on probable speculation of the final roster!

Basically, everythings perfect, I commend you for your excepptional piece of work! :);)

Keep it up! Oh, and dont forget to add those 5 stages announced today!

Top Bottom