• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character speed tier list (Slowest to Fastest)

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
Someone may have done this on SmashBoards already, but i'm trying to help here

I got the info from this guy, give credit to him - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE44E0OVNII

In this thread, we'll be covering the characters froom slowest to fastest, some of which are ties tho:
:ultincineroar:
:ultrobin:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultganondorf:
:ultmiifighters::4miigun:
:ultvillager:
:ultdoc:
:ultzelda:
:ultisabelle:
:ultkrool:
:ultkingdedede:
:ultike:
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:
:ulticeclimbers:(Popo)
:ultlink:
:ultwolf:
:ultbowserjr:
:ultmiifighters::4miisword:
:ultsnake:/:ultivysaur:/:ultcorrinf:/:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:
:ultryu:
:ultmegaman:(Same speed as Ryu, due to tiny speed difference)
:ultness:
:ultolimar:
:ultfalco:
:ultwario:/:ultluigi:/:ultlucas:
:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:
:ultpacman:/:ultshulk:
:ultgnw:
:ulticeclimbers:(Nana)
:ultlucario:
:ultrob:
:ultkirby:
:ultyounglink:
:ultsquirtle:/:ultbayonetta:/:ultken:/:ultmario:
:ultduckhunt:
:ultrosalina:
:ultpit:/:ultdarkpit:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultdk:
:ultpichu:
:ulttoonlink:
:ultmiifighters::4miibrawl:
:ultinkling:
:ultmarth:/:ultlucina:
:ultbowser:
:ultdiddy:
:ultpikachu:
:ultyoshi:
:ultpalutena:
:ultmetaknight:
:ultroy:/:ultchrom:
:ultcloud:
:ultridley:/:ultcharizard:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultgreninja:
:ultzss:
:ultfox:
:ultsheik:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultfalcon:
:ultsonic:

I hope this help you out.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"K.Rool is so broken, why is it okay for a heavyweight to have so much mobility!?"
:ultkrool:*Is slower then both Ike and DDD*

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Seeing that Nana is faster than Popo actually made me stop and say, "Wait, what?"

Last edited:

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
This is a useful tier list, but it isn't formatted great. There aren't any definite tiers that the characters are in. Also, the fastest is on the bottom and the slowest is on the top. Because of this, I decided to take matters into my own hands and spend some time on smashtierlist.com to make a better-formatted version.

Keep in mind, this TL only takes into account their running speed. Ties are broken with initial dash speed, but other than that, it is not considered at all, along with air speed, air acceleration, jump height, or any other factors that would affect a character's mobility. For example, Lucario is mid-tier on this tier list, despite the fact that he can go faster than Charizard by foxtrotting.

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
This is a useful tier list, but it isn't formatted great. There aren't any definite tiers that the characters are in. Also, the fastest is on the bottom and the slowest is on the top. Because of this, I decided to take matters into my own hands and spend some time on smashtierlist.com to make a better-formatted version.

Keep in mind, this TL only takes into account their running speed. Ties are broken with initial dash speed, but other than that, it is not considered at all, along with air speed, air acceleration, jump height, or any other factors that would affect a character's mobility. For example, Lucario is mid-tier on this tier list, despite the fact that he can go faster than Charizard by foxtrotting.
Nice!! And good observational note about other factors that go into a character's overall mobility. I was surprised for example to see Wolf in the lower-mid tier for movement speed b/c he's a character I always perceive as moving really well and that I have a lot of trouble tracking.

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
I was surprised for example to see Wolf in the lower-mid tier for movement speed b/c he's a character I always perceive as moving really well and that I have a lot of trouble tracking.
As I mentioned, there are many other factors that affect a Character's mobility. Wolf has a good foxtrot (irony) and great air speed. Plus, he has many mobility options and good range.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

RIP pokemon trainer

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Seeing :ultcharizard:and:ultridley:within the top ten is pretty surprising. Heavies have come a long way.
Charizard has actually been in the top 10 since Brawl. It's not that strange considering he flies for his run animation, and actually has a pretty good speed stat in Pokemon games as well.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Air speed, air acceleration, and fall speed would be cool to see

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Charizard has actually been in the top 10 since Brawl. It's not that strange considering he flies for his run animation, and actually has a pretty good speed stat in Pokemon games as well.
I'm honestly more surprised people equate weight with movement speed when that has never been the case in any Smash game. Light characters have always been slow and heavy characters have always been fast as well as vice versa.

Top Bottom