• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Selection Screens

Conker1

Smash Ace
Here's my select screen finally in it's final version. It's really sloppy and it still uses ZodiakLucien's background but the roster is truly what's important.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I am loving the screans, but the characters are ok..!
but keep up the good work!

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
hemightbegiant...
i was not giving my opinions on that they should be cut
i was simply saying what could be reasons to get cut... because nothing is sure unless its confirmed.

i hope no character gets cut.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant...
i was not giving my opinions on that they should be cut
i was simply saying what could be reasons to get cut... because nothing is sure unless its confirmed.

i hope no character gets cut.
Well, it IS confirmed that some characters will get cut. Very common knowledge that Sakurai has said this himself.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
it looks cool but Blaizken should be meowth, Deathborn should be Samurai Goroh, Asharad who ever he is should be Captain Olimar, Young Link should be there but cell shaded and with the same name and Poo should be Paula

What the heck?? meowth??
Blaziken = Awsomeness
Meowth = talking poo

lets get this alive agian!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
What the heck?? meowth??
Blaziken = Awsomeness
Meowth = talking poo

lets get this alive agian!
Blazkien = A giant chicken who kicks things.
Meowth = A cat who scratches things
Lickitung = The best Pokemon ever.

Look at the facts. Lickitung wins.

Anyway...

Conker01: I agree with your entire screen, except that Skull Kid is absent, and therefore, your screen fails. Nah, I kid. I'd, personally, either scratch Sukapon or Takamaru to add in Skullie.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
This is a thread I made for people to share their own takes on character selection screens. Also please list the characters in your screen, along with the characters removed from Melee.

With that, here's mine:

Characters (in order, left to right, top to bottom): Wario, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Waluigi, DK, Diddy, Captain Falcon, Samuraih Goroh, Pico, Link, Zelda, Wind Waker Link, Samus, Ridley, Dixie, Kirby, Meta Knight, DeDeDe, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, Ness, Paula, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Marth, Ike, Erika & Ephraim, Saleh, Jeff, Olimar, Louie, Pit, Ice Climbers, Mach Rider, Mr. Game & Watch, Balloon Fighter, Ray (from Disaster: Day of Crisis) M-09 (from Project HAMMER), Snake, Tails, Sonic, Shadow, Bomberman.

Removed Characters: Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and Roy.

EDIT: Is it just my computer or is only half of my picture loading?

EDIT2: Nevermind the question, it's fixed now.

EDIT3: This is the same screen, but just with a different background, just to make look less like the Melee screen. It's not a very creative diffference, but who cares.

Okay, No Louie, No Dizie, and No Pico (although he is a cool character)
Otherwise good list.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Here's my select screen finally in it's final version. It's really sloppy and it still uses ZodiakLucien's background but the roster is truly what's important.

this is really good. i think Krystal and Sonic should be on it however.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

Here's my dream brawl list. For the record, I think Krystal is a stupid character from a stupid game, generic characters such as Mach Rider would offer nothing, Golden Sun is one of the most bland RPGs i've ever played (since camelot died i don't think any will get in anyway), Staffy would be ok in my book, but he's not legend enough for brawl yet, earth bound probably wont get more characters, mechs such as Ray001 or whatever (good game) but they just don't fit. Waluigi is passable, but I really don't need him. Kid Bowser would be too lame for Smash standard. I think a large portion of usable characters will not make the cut simply because more than 40 characters is probably wishful thinking. Maybe in Brawl2 or an expansion, or wiiconect24. Meowth is cool but I don't think he'd be interesting enough of a character to put him in brawl. My opinion is that only 5 3rd parties need to be in since only these 5 are classic.

Boo Ya

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I made this one a month or so ago--

Sans secret characters--

After everyone is unlocked--

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
tom nook is a joke right he cant fight he is peacful and pacman can only chomp fox looks stupid deoxys should not be here whos geno sonic is an idiot olimar cant realy fight is he a joke too?

Kirye

Smash Ace
tom nook is a joke right he cant fight he is peacful and pacman can only chomp fox looks stupid deoxys should not be here whos geno sonic is an idiot olimar cant realy fight is he a joke too?
So.. what are your choices for brawl? Master Chief and Sephiroth? Fox looks great, and Sonic is awesome. >.> Pacman'd be awesome too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
man ur one immature kid...
Pacman cant only chomp duh, he has arms and feet in his more updated look...
Fo looks wird, were used to the star fox of smahs, Assault and adventures, so seeing him in his new look is weird yes, but u'll get use to it, besides with all those details he has he looks great...
Deoxys is like the mewtwo of the 3rd generation, if u deny it then so be it, but he is, he spopular here and hes unique, havin more than 3 forms... and im hopin he make sit in...
Geno is from super mario RPG: legend of the 7 stars from SNES, a game developed by square, hes incredibly popular, being one of the most voted characters in sakurais poll, and has a good -if not great- chance in being in brawl...
Capt. Olimar can fight, he can use pikmins to battle, I tell u, has capt falcon ever fighted b4 smash? how about fox, falco, peach, dr mario, GaW... and os on...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
like being a pest?

man ur one immature kid...
Pacman cant only chomp duh, he has arms and feet in his more updated look...
Fo looks wird, were used to the star fox of smahs, Assault and adventures, so seeing him in his new look is weird yes, but u'll get use to it, besides with all those details he has he looks great...
Deoxys is like the mewtwo of the 3rd generation, if u deny it then so be it, but he is, he spopular here and hes unique, havin more than 3 forms... and im hopin he make sit in...
Geno is from super mario RPG: legend of the 7 stars from SNES, a game developed by square, hes incredibly popular, being one of the most voted characters in sakurais poll, and has a good -if not great- chance in being in brawl...
Capt. Olimar can fight, he can use pikmins to battle, I tell u, has capt falcon ever fighted b4 smash? how about fox, falco, peach, dr mario, GaW... and os on...

i am not i know he has feet i had pacman's adventure for snes he had feet he can punch he can hamer swing rope and is 18 years old (he can drive) i'm saying the original pacman not the new if he was fighting that will make the pac-man games get lower ratings than they already have :burst: that was me this is you :ouch:
anyways ur coments dont need to be said when there is an OPINION and also pikmin for a fighting game its stupid a: throw pikmin b: punch what kind of moves r those. i'll let your words slide this time:flame: :teeth: :grrr: :demon: :devil: :skull: :p :p :tired: im tired of yelling at you so i'll go now

ps:technicly i will be a man in 2 years so im no kid

Stryks

Smash Hero
So if ur gonna be a man in 2 years, then yeah ur a kid...
Obviously they'll put the new pac man with arms and legs, addin a legless, armsless, handless, feetless character makes no sense... and capt olimar can be in brawl, may I remind u of capt falcon, fox, peach, falco?... b: thorw pikmin A:punch... yeah so... peach: downB: throw vegetable a: punch... yeah man that totalyl makes sense [/SARCASM]...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
stll seems stupid how will he up+b what is his super smash why make a legless char duh thats stupid wyh have pacman its only my opinion deoxys seems like he would be the bigest or too big

Stryks

Smash Hero
biggest or too big? wtf?
dude use ur imagination, could u ever tough fox from star fox, a game of space ships and all that stuff, could use fire fox, reflector, and fox illusion, i wouldnt, i coudltn even imagine seeing GaW in there... yet there he is, for his up b he could grab to pikmins from their legs and the flowers on top of them will move copter-like and propel him back to the stage, after a while the pikmin will get tired and olimar falls to his death, c took me what less than a minute to come up with that, sakurai could do much better, im pretty tired of spamming, so kid use ur head, think b4 talking and, explain urself cause the "bigest or too big" thing get confusing...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
you don't even know what ur talking about im not sying that so if u listened u would know in the movie deoxys was huge and never went into a tiny form enough said so be quiet if you dont know wtf ur talking about .
ps: my characters will bee pit meta-knight mario kirby dedede toad and lucario thats only starting of

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
I made this one a month or so ago--

Sans secret characters--

After everyone is unlocked--
Wow. This is my favorite, I think, so far. Very nice work, I am very impressed and would not be at all upset if the set up screen looked similar to this. I actully agree with a majority of your character selections. The only ones I would argue would be Ridley, on the sake of i just can't see him being in, even though i wouldn't mind him, Ike, based on the fact that i think Lyn or Hector deserves the spot over him, but that is merely my personal opinion, and Rob...who I just don't see making the cut, even though I don't think any of us saw G/W coming, so...its always possible.

*sigh* I dont dislike stupid people, but I hate ignorant people.

mike_mr25

Smash Cadet
Well, I made this a few days ago and is posted in another thread but I'll post it here anyway, also I changed Lucas's picture to the one from the dojo.
MiKe

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Well, I made this a few days ago and is posted in another thread but I'll post it here anyway, also I changed Lucas's picture to the one from the dojo.
MiKe

Even if i dont agree with the characters chosen (Skull Kid over Minda, Ness over Masked Man, Starfy over Ray01, Isaac and an Animal Crossing rep) that screen is pretty amazing.

Puffs

Smash Ace
MiKe

You win for Skull Kid, but lose for Stafy, Geno, and Sonic.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
MiKe

Wolf and Skull Kid, couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

Though you may want to update it because Stafy has been deconfirmed, and Ness probably isn't coming back :\

Top Bottom