• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character rosters...please post them here!

Cinder

Smash Master
Aight, I'm getting tired of everyone posting character rosters...it's taking up space on the boards.

I'm creating this thread in hope of conglomerating all of these rosters...instead of having a ton of rosters floating around in the forums, I thought it'd be better to put them ALL in ONE PLACE...

So please, if you'd like to post a character roster or any such thing, do it here...it will be easier to find, and it'll save some space on the boards...

Now, I'm not gonna do a roster (I'm way too biased, I'll admit it...), but I'd like to see everyone's rosters in one place...

I doubt this thread will make it through the night, but I wanted to try and make it easier to find and rate character rosters, so if it's deemed unworthy of these forums, then by all means, close it...besides, it's not like I'm gonna be banned if it fails, so what the heck:laugh:

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
I'm down with any characters for brawl except: Lucario/C. Olimar/G&W/Pacman

But my probable list is:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
DK
Peach
ICs
Pit
Wario (although i disapprove)
Zamus
Ike
Red
Diddy
Metaknight
Snake
-------------------(now to 'new characters')
Geno
Ridley
Dedede
K. Rool
Claus
Zant
Midna (no f***ing wolf)
Lucas
C Falcon
Ganondorf
Megaman
Sonic
WW Link
Dark Samus
Bowser Jr(With shadow mario)
Ray
AC Human
Shiek
Luigi

(I think there will be more characters but this is all i can think of....the rest will surprise me)

Cinder

Smash Master
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75460

The only thing that leaves certain topics open, concerning someone's personal character roster views, is those threads being detailed and thought-out; instead of a plain and simple list.
**** it! I completely forgot about that thread! Meh...hey, I knew it wouldn't last:p...but yeah, at least I tried...*tries to close own thread* *realizes inability to close own thread* *headbangs keyboard*:ohwell:

I'm just curious, why hasn't anyone posted on that thread lately? I haven't seen it in a while...

@.::Link::. Thanks, at least I'm getting responses...

Florida

イーグランツ
**** it! I completely forgot about that thread! Meh...hey, I knew it wouldn't last:p...but yeah, at least I tried...*tries to close own thread* *realizes inability to close own thread* *headbangs keyboard*:ohwell:

I'm just curious, why hasn't anyone posted on that thread lately? I haven't seen it in a while...

@.::Link::. Thanks, at least I'm getting responses...
Because people don't search.

Threads such as Wiseguy's and Luke's were created with thought, thus deserve their own thread. While other character roster threads with a simple list involved should belong in the thread linked above.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ill post in the other thread, however I will say that this topic will keep things simple instead of every1 making their own list a as a thread. Hopefully people can read and post in here...

Cinder

Smash Master
Ill post in the other thread, however I will say that this topic will keep things simple instead of every1 making their own list a as a thread. Hopefully people can read and post in here...
Thanks...that's what I was shooting for...a place to just post your rosters and get critiqued...but isn't the other thread somewhat competitive? Meh...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Thanks...that's what I was shooting for...a place to just post your rosters and get critiqued...but isn't the other thread somewhat competitive? Meh...
However the Dream Casts are based on opinion, I dont think anyone wants to get shot down on opinion unless ALL of the characters we ALL ONLY WANT are in Brawl.

What I mean is that lets say someone only wants Sonic, just to play as him, then he would be added to the list, but if that sonic fan says no to Megaman, then we have to critique him. I say we just add out lists and be done with it.

Cinder

Smash Master
However the Dream Casts are based on opinion, I dont think anyone wants to get shot down on opinion unless ALL of the characters we ALL ONLY WANT are in Brawl.

What I mean is that lets say someone only wants Sonic, just to play as him, then he would be added to the list, but if that sonic fan says no to Megaman, then we have to critique him. I say we just add out lists and be done with it.
Yeah, that's the way to do it! Just post your list and that's it! No "if so-and-so doesn't want so-and-so in, we need to critique", just a simple "please put your list here, and don't take up space on the boards" kinda thing...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
No flames please, unless you're a moron

Minus those who are in…
Original 12

Confirmed new characters…

Returning…

So far: 23

Dream Cast:
Game and Watch
Dr. Mario as a costume change

New
Masked Man (Mother 3)
Cierra (Atlus, sadly no chance =(
Geno (Square Enix)
Ridley
Mikaya (Fire Emblem 10)
Nephenee (Fire Emblem 9)
Lyn (Fire Emblem7)
Kumatora (Mother 3)
Flint (Mother 3)
Ganon
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Frog (Chrono Trigger)
Crash Bandicoot

Characters I don’t know but would be great for Brawl:

Dixie Kong
Dedede
Krystal

Total 40

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus' Character Roster

For further reading, please read Venus's Overall SSBB and post what you think. I will update this post as I add more characters.

Mario
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Yoshi
6. Wario
7. Geno

Legend of Zelda
1. Link
2. Zelda/Shiek
3. Ganondorf
4. WW Link

Donkey Kong
1. Donkey Kong
2. Diddy Kong

Earthbound/MOTHER
1. Ness
2. Lucas

Pokemon
1. Pikachu
2. Pokemon Trainer
3. Mewtwo
4. Jigglypuff

Metroid
1. Samus
2. Zamus
3. Ridley

Kirby
1. Kirby
2. Metaknight

Star Fox
1. Fox
2. Wolf
3. Krystal

F-Zero
1. Captain Falcon

Fire Emblem
1. Ike
2. Black Knight

Animal Crossing
1. Animal Crossing Human

Retro
1. Pit
2. Ice Climbers
3. Takamaru

Raym

Smash Apprentice
Raym character list

A.- Mario Series

1.-Mario
He is the protagonist from the most big videogame series and is the mascot of Nintendo.
Condition: Confirmed

2.-Luigi
He is the Mario brother and appeared in 64 and Melee.
Condition: Veteran

3.-Peach
The Princess is back she has

4.-Bowser
Return wanting revenge one of the Bottom tiers. He is the main antagonist in many Mario games but is also a protagonist in some games.

5.-Bowser Jr.
He is the main antagonist of Sunshine and New SMB he is also Peach's son

6.-Geno
GUNS? in a Nintendo game?

B.- Pokémon Series

7.- Pikachu
He is the mascot of Pokemon and appeared in all of the handheld Pokémon games.

8.- Pokémon Trainer (Red)
The protagonist of Pokémon Red/Blue and the remakes Firered/Leafgreen, he fights using Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. Also he has the best Final Smash at this moment.

9.- Jigglypuff
She appeared in 64 and Melee, She is one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan.

10.- Mewtwo
He is the final goal of Pokémon Red/Blue and is the Protagonist from the first Pokémon movie and he is awesome.
Condition: Oldcomer

11.- Lucario
He is one of the most popular Pokemon. He is the protagonist of the 8th Pokémon movie and with Unown are the only non-legendaries with that honor, also you need to do a mision in order to obtain his preevolution in order to obtain the national dex if you don't trade.

C.- The Legend of Zelda series

12.- Link
How to be badass with a funny hat

13.- Zelda
SHEIK DIEEEEEEEEE!

14.- Ganondorf
The King of Evil return with a new moveset.

15.- Hero of Winds
He be similar to Link like Luigi is similar to Mario, he also appeared in the newest Zelda Game

16.- Midna
No wolf Link she could fight alone.

D.- Kirby series

17.- Kirby
The Sakurai creation

18.- Metaknight
He is Kirby's rival and is better than Kirby.

19.- King DeDeDe
Hopefully the modesty of Sakurai let him put the boss of many of the Kirby games

E.- StarFox series

20.- Fox
I hate him.

21.- Falco
I hate him too.

22.- Krystal
I don't hate her.

F.- Donkey Kong series

23.- Donkey Kong
With Mario one of the more old Nintendo Characters.

24.- Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong nephew and he is the only Donkey Kong character with a game for him

G.- Fire Emblem series

25.- Ike
I love capes

26.- Marth
First Lord and with Ike the only Fire Emblem protagonist of two games.

H.- Metroid series

27.- Samus/ZSamus
The bounty hunter returns, I think you could choose ZSamus pressing A while the loading like you could do that with Sheik in Melee, she is 2 chars using 1 slot

28.- Ridley
Samus nemesis he is the reason why Samus is a bounty hunter.

I.- Other Nintendo games

29.- Wario
BIKES

30.- Yoshi
I don't like him but he deserves the spot he already have

31.- Lucas
I was wrong with this one but i don't care the Mother saga is one of the less important nintendo franchises and he is the same thing with other name.

32.- C.Falcon
TEH KNEE don't need presentation.

33.- C.Olimar
Any time you say "Captain Olimar don't be in BRAWL" a puppy dies.

34.- Isaac
Golden Sun is awesome play it NOW!

J.- Retro Characters

35.- Pit
A revamped version of Pit i don't now about him before smash but i want a Kid Icarus game for the Wii now.

36.- Ice Climbers
I hate them but are confirmed :(

37.- Mr Game and Watch
He is a creation of the Sakurai master and appeared in the first Nintendo handheld games.

38.- Balloon Fighter
He appeared in the Melee beta but i think he couldn't be in because time.

K.- Third Party

39.- Snake
Kojima is a Sakurai friend and he wanted the inclusion of Snake.

40.- Sonic
Sonic deserve appear in a good game.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Here's my imaginary roster...

1.)Mario
2.)Luigi
3.)Peach
4.)Daisy
5.)Bowser
6.)Wario
7.)Waluigi
8.)Yoshi
9.)DK
10.)Diddy Kong
11.)Link
12.)Zelda
13.)Ganondorf
14.)Fox
15.)Falco
16.)Kirby
17.)Meta Knight
18.)King Dedede
19.)Ike
20.)Marth
21.)Roy
22.)Samus/Zamus
23.)Ridley
24.)Captain Falcon
25.)Ice Climbers
26.)Pit
27.)Pikachu
28.)Jigglypuff
29.)Lucario
30.)Mewtwo
31.)Pokemon Trainer
32.)Mega Man
33.)Proto Man
34.)Snake
35.)Sonic
36.)Tails
37.)Master Chief

37 is a good enough ammount for me. It would be better to have 40 of course but I can't think of any more that I'd want in the game.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I know Lyn is deconfirmed bt I really wanted her to be a PC, alas oh well, as for MC he was only on X-box but you probably know the rules.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I know Lyn is deconfirmed bt I really wanted her to be a PC, alas oh well, as for MC he was only on X-box but you probably know the rules.
Well...Nintendo did say that there would be atleast one or two more third party characters and Master Chief is the one I'd like to see most...

Cinder

Smash Master
Everyone...thanks for posting your rosters...I'm glad you gave this thread at least a little attention...
Without further ado, I present MY roster! I know I said I was too biased, but I did some research, and pulled together a reasonable (but not perfect) list, comprising of popular characters and characters on Sakurai's poll...with some of my personal faves:p

Aight, here it is, with my reasoning:

Mario
Mario (confirmed)
Peach (confirmed)
Bowser (confirmed)
Luigi: you know he's gonna be in...it wouldn't be smash BROTHERS without him...
Geno: I know he belongs in the 3rd party, but he originated in a Mario game, so I thought "meh, what the hell"

Legend of Zelda
Link (confirmed)
Zelda (confirmed)
Sheik: I know a lot of people hate her with every fiber of their beings, but still, she was a great character, and deserves a Brawl spot
Ganondorf: need I say more? Link's archenemy...hello! He just needs a new moveset, and he's as good as in...besides, he's on the poll
Midna: We really do need a new Zelda rep, and who better? I can see her working with or without Wolf Link...

Pokemon
Pikachu (confirmed)
Pokemon Trainer (confirmed)
Jigglypuff: one of the original 12, the highest ranking Pokemon on the tier list (SSBM), one of Japan's most popular...gotta be in
Mewtwo: I think Mewtwo needs a second chance at glory...it was butchered in Melee, and it wouldn't be too hard to improve...
Lucario: Uh, hello! The most popular 4th gen Pokemon...star of a movie...not easy to get in D/P...and it's one of my faves...

Starfox
Fox (confirmed)
Falco: Fox's right hand man...he can easily be given a new moveset...
Krystal: we need a staff user, and female fighters...

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong (confirmed)
Diddy Kong (confirmed)

Metroid
Samus/Zamus (confirmed)
Ridley: Samus's archenemy...was considered for Melee...deserves it

Fire Emblem
Ike (confirmed)
Marth: Why not? He's one of the FE Lords, he apparently starred in an American remake of FE1, so why shouldn't he be in:p
Micaiah: we could really use a magic-wielding character...nuff said

Kirby
Kirby (confirmed)
Meta Knight (confirmed)
Dedede: was considered for BOTH of the other smash bros....and he's one of the most popular on Sakurai's poll (EDIT: Confirmed :bigthumbu)

Earthbound/Mother
Ness: one of the original 12...uhh, that's it...
Lucas: don't know much other than the fact that he's popular...and I think there's a way to have both him AND Ness...(EDIT: w00t! He's confirmed!!)
Claus: Don't know much about him, but he's popular and could be given an awesome moveset...

Retro
Pit (confirmed)
Ice Climbers (confirmed)
Game & Watch: I know he's not that popular...but he's original...and I think it might work

Other
Yoshi (confirmed)
Wario (confirmed)
Isaac (Golden Sun): honestly, I don't know too much about him, but from what I've heard, he'd be a really good choice
Captain Olimar: He's one of the most original new characters...he's on Sakurai's poll...and he doesn't have any major arguments against him...
AC Human: I know he/she's generic, but AC could use a rep, and this little fella's the best fit...besides, they could let you download your DS character...wouldn't that be awesome?

Third Party
Snake (confirmed)
Sonic: I couldn't care either way, but with his recent appearance alongside of Mario, I think he'll get another chance to fight with Mario...and who better to rep Sega? (EDIT: Confirmed...yeaaah!)
Megaman: no explanation...just think he has a chance...don't care either way...

Total: 41 characters (I think...if you're picky, you can do the math yourself)

I know my explanations are biased and subpar, but it's late...anyway, discuss, and post your rosters if you want...

SonicMario

Smash Master
By the way Cinder405. Since this hasn't been close yet, try no to flame people who happen to not have Lucario on the list. Just like how i have to bear it that some lists don't have Sonic in it. (I got sort of mad when i found out Wiseguy removed Sonic from his prediction thread. But i still didn't post there anyway to flame him for it)

Cinder

Smash Master
By the way Cinder405. Since this hasn't been close yet, try no to flame people who happen to not have Lucario on the list. Just like how i have to bear it that some lists don't have Sonic in it. (I got sort of mad when i found out Wiseguy removed Sonic from his prediction thread. But i still didn't post there anyway to flame him for it)
I wouldn't call it flaming...wait...when did I flame someone for not including Lucario? I mean, I pick at them, but I usually find something good in their lists...meh...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Moogle or Mog from FF6 was the only playable Moogle I know off, and his moveset was dancing and magic

MySmash

Smash Cadet
Hi! As my first post on the boards I decided to go with a roster! Hope you like it! Please tell me if you disagree with any of my choices...I would love feedback.

Mario Series

1) Mario: Confirmed

2) Luigi: A veteran from the last two games, Mario's older brother has to be in Brawl.

3) Peach: Confirmed

4) Bowser: Confirmed

5) Bowser Jr: I personally am not a fan of this character in the slightest, however given his recent appearences in games and cameo in Galaxy...he has a pretty good chance.

Zelda Series

1) Link: Confirmed

2) Zelda: Confirmed

3) Ganondorf: Now that the developers have more time to work on the game, the King of Evil should have an updated ToP look and a new set of moves!

4) Young Link/ WW Link: I think changing YL to his cel-shaded counterpart would be an incredible move considering the new moveset they could give him.

* I think Sheik has been cut

Pokemon Series

1) Pikachu: Confirmed

2) Pokemon Trainer: Confirmed

3) Jigglypuff: Smash veteran that has a unique moveset. Keep her in.

4) Mewtwo: Another Smash veteran who I believe deserves another chance. With the possibly of an amazing moveset, I am excited about this one.

5) Lucario: Five pokemon reps is a strech, but considering how wildly popular Lucario is and his natural look as a fighter, I wouldn't count him out.

Starfox Series

1) Fox: Confirmed

2) Falco/Wolf: I think whoever earns this spot will be a Luigi-type clone of Fox. Just a thought.

3) Krystal: Eh, not crazy about this one, but given her popularity and the combination of another female rep and a unique moveset...she has a very high chance.

Kirby Series

1) Kirby: Confirmed

2) Meta-Knight: Confirmed

3) King Dedede: THE most highly requested character on the poll! A villian rep and a fan favorite...the king will get his due in Brawl. I beg them.

Donkey Kong Series

1) Donkey Kong: Confirmed

2) Diddy Kong: Confirmed

* I think K.K Rool will be a boss

Fire Emblem Series

1) Ike: Confirmed

2) Marth: I may be padding Marth a bit, considering he was my main, but being the face of FE gives him the edge over Roy.

3) Black Knight: The best FE series villian. If not playable, will most certainly be a boss.

Metroid Series

1) Samus/ZSS: Confirmed

2) Ridley: A unique challenge to design for Brawl, however given the immense popularity of Ridley all over the world, the need of another Metroid rep, and another villian...it would be hard NOT to put him in.

* I think Dark Samus will be a boss.

Mother Series

1) Ness/Lucas: I am not quite sure which way they will go with this one. On one hand, they have been meaning to replace Ness with Lucas since Melee...however Ness is a smash veteran and I think he deserves his spot. Perhaps one will be an alt costume?

2) Claus: Wishful thinking. Another villian rep.

Other Series

1) Wario: Confirmed

2) Yoshi: Confirmed

3) Captain Falcon: A beloved Smash veteran. I don't think the captain is going anywhere.

4) Captain Olimar: Another challenge to design. However, Pikmin needs a rep and frankly there just isn't anyone better. VERY unique moveset.

5) Animal Crosser: Given the interview and the screenshots of Smashville, I would say AC is pretty much a given. Uses tools and stuff.

Retro Series

1) Pit: Confirmed (Awesome)

2) Ice-Climbers: Confirmed

3) MR G&W: I think he will be back. Probably the most uniquw character in Melee.

4) Little Mac: I thought about this for a long time and I came to the conclusion that a moveset might be challenging, but Little Mac is the PERFECT character to round off the retro classics.

Third Party

1) Snake: Confirmed

2) Sonic: This depends on a lot of factors...but I think Sakurai knows how important this character is to a lot of people. Rabid fans everywhere!

3) Geno: Love him or hate him, Geno is truly one of the most loved characters ever produced (partly) by Nintendo. I'm not sure how much trouble N would have to go through to get the rights, but if there is anyone they will go out on a limb for, it is Geno.

*notes

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is not an roster I'm arguing, just one I'd be happy with. It is partially built logically, though...

Mario

1. Mario - Confirmed
2. Luigi - The game wouldn't make any sense without him, so he best be in.
3. Bowser - Confirmed.
4. Peach - Confirmed.
5. Geno - At the top of Sakurai's poll, plus he's got a ton of fans. He could also bring an interesting moveset.

Yoshi

6. Yoshi - Confirmed.

Wario Ware
7. Wario - Confirmed.

Legend of Zelda

8. Link - Confirmed.
9. Zelda/Shiek - Confirmed/Sheik should return.
10. Ganondorf - He has to be in, like Luigi.

Donkey Kong
11. Donkey Kong - Confirmed.
12. Diddy Kong - Confirmed.

Earthbound/MOTHER
13. Lucas - Confirmed. I called it! Like everybody else...
14. Claus - Seems to be the only logical second Mother playable character as Ness is not coming back.

Pokemon
15. Pikachu - Confirmed.
16. Pokemon Trainer - Confirmed.
17. Mewtwo - I see no reason for him to leave.
18. Jigglypuff - Come on, too unique to not make it back.
19. Lucario (maybe.) I actually want him in just to prove the idiots around here wrong.

Metroid
20. Samus/Zerio Suit Samus - Confirmed.
21. Ridley - Not my favorite character or series, but he deserves it.

Kirby
22. Kirby - Confirmed.
23. Metaknight - Confirmed.
24. King Dedede - Confirmed. I called it. Like everyone else!

Star Fox
25. Fox - Confirmed.
26. Falco - I liked him, but I realize he may not come back.
27. Krystal - Seems to be very popular, I don't know much about her, though.

F-Zero
28. Captain Falcon - He should return.

Fire Emblem
29. Ike - Confirmed.
Marth - First lord, deserves to return no matters what anybody says.

Animal Crossing
31. Animal Crossing Human - AC will probably (not for sure, though.) get a rep. Seeing as Tom Nook, Resetti and the others are pretty much deconfirmed, AC human seems to be who we'll be seeing. I hope he/she is customizable.

Golden Sun
32. Isaac - He best be in! He would be a very unique character, and I hope Sakurai realized that. He'd fit perfectly in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Pikmin
33. Captain Olimar - Could be just as unique as Isaac, and I doubt he won't make it.

Retro

34. Pit - Confirmed.
35. Ice Climbers - Confirmed! ^_^
36. Mr. Game & Watch
- Deserves to return.

3rd Party

37. Snake - Confirmed.
38. Sonic - Confirmed. *sighs*
39. Mega Man - I think he deserves it.

December 9th edit: Took out Ness and added Claus. I also took out Black Knight.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Wow, I made my character roster on the board, then I found this board, so I'll post it in here instead. Please give me your thoughts on it.

Mario Series

Mario - confirmed
Peach - confirmed
Bowser- confirmed
Luigi - been in last two, can't see him getting cut
Geno - my personal most wanted character, he's got everything going for him (popularity, uniqueness, he has a moveset already, Sakurai is treating him as a first party character so you know he's gotta be pretty high up on Sakurai's list) the only thing will be the permission issue that I think will be easy enough to accomplish.
Bowser Jr. - He's popular, and he's starting to get in more and more games, plus with the addition of the FLUDD and Delfino Plaza, it makes his chances that much more because he was the main villain.

Zelda Series

Link - confirmed
Zelda - confirmed ( I think Sheik will be Zelda's down move again)
Ganondorf - he is Zelda's biggest probably most popular villain. He's been in Melee, and he got cloned, now he has the chance to be decloned and awesome.
Young Link - I think he needs a completely new moveset, likely one from either MM or WW. He may get cut, but I think they can recreate him so he comes back.
Vaati - another villain, he is pretty popular, and he has a lot of potential for a moveset. Zelda could use a couple more reps, and I think Vaati is a good choice since he's been in quite a few games and he will likely be in more to come.
Skull Kid - this was actually a last minute addition, I've had my roster for a while, but with the addition of Pokemon Trainer (who wasn't on my roster) it gave me an uneven number. I think Skull Kid would make a good addition because of popularity and he'd be different.

Pokemon Series

Pikachu - confirmed
Pokemon Trainer - confirmed ( I couldnt believe it but it made me really happy, even though it screwed up my roster prediction:p)
Mewtwo - he was a unique character in Melee, he's likely Pokemons only real villain type, plus he has a lot of potential to become great. I can't see them cutting Mewtwo.
Jigglypuff - been in last 2, again I don't see them cutting her
Pichu - This is quite controversial, I think the second generation needs a rep, and I think Pichu is it, he needs to be recreated, but I think he'll be there.
Lucario - I think he deserves a spot because he is an actual fighter, Im not even familiar with the 4th generation but he definitely deserves a spot

Kirby Series

Kirby - confirmed
Metaknight - confirmed
King Dedede - one of the most popular characters, Kirbys villain, Sakurai loves him, if King Dedede is not in Brawl, then something is wrong, he should be in 10000 percent

Donkey Kong Series

DK - confirmed
Diddy - confirmed
King K. Rool - I believe that he will appear, with Diddy's early entrance into Brawl I think this increases the King's chances because Diddy will likely appear as a starter, therefore there is still a spot for a secret character. The DK series is a very popular series, and King K Rool is a big part of that

Star Fox Series

Fox - confirmed
Falco - he was my personal favourite from Melee, and I can't see him getting cut although a lot of people think he will. I believe he'll get decloned, and get a new look, but I think he'll still be one of the top characters in Brawl.
Krystal - the most popular female rep that is not in Brawl, extremely popular and she's a huge part of the new Star Fox series. She has her own unique moveset and I think that we'll be seeing her take part in the Brawl.
Wolf - Star Fox's villain, he's very popular and he could have his own moveset, people think he'll clone Fox, but Sakurai is very smart and he'll find a way to making him different. I think Star Fox deserves 4 reps, and Wolf I believe will take one of those spots.

Metroid Series

Samus - confirmed
Ridley - the only real character Metroid could add. EXTREMELY popular, he's very unique, plus he's a villain. With the addition of the gliding update, Ridley's chances has increased, if Ridley is not in Brawl then there will be tons of people crushed. He may be the number one shoe - in

Fire Emblem Series

Ike - confirmed
Marth - was in melee, he was the lord in 2 games as well as being the protaganist, I think he'll get two new moves as well as Roy ( unless Roy's cut ) but I can't see him getting cut either
Roy - I believe he'll be back. With Lyn not making it, it increased his chances. He's on the fence, but I think he'll fall into the Brawl side
Black Knight - he'd be very unique, he's a villain, he's popular, plus with Ike in, it makes his chances better.

Yoshi Series

Yoshi - confirmed

F-Zero Series

Captain Falcon - he will be confirmed. I have no doubt in my mind that he's in. I think he'll be the lone rep.

Earthbound Series

Ness - he will also be confirmed I know he will. I don't know why people say he should get cut. He's a true smashee. Plus I think he's going to be the lone rep like Captain Falcon

Warioware Series

Wario - confirmed

Retro Series

Ice Climbers - confirmed
Pit - confirmed
Mr G&W - one of the surprises in melee, I can't see him getting cut because he was so unique, plus Sakurai really likes him. Also on the icons on Smashbros.com there is missing number 13 and it is right between the Fire Emblem icon (12) and the Ice Climbers icon (14) Both new series' to Melee.
Little Mac - he's a fighter, he's retro, he's semi-popular, I think he deserves a spot. It would be unique to have a boxer in Brawl
Balloon Fighter - I think he'd be another unique one, I don't know much about him, but I know he's popular, and I know he was sloted to be in Melee, but got cut. I think it's time to revive the Balloon Fighter

Pikmin Series

Captain Olimar - at first I thought this idea was crazy. But then I read a thread about him and I thought that he'd be an excellent addition. He has a very popular series going, and I think that it'll get even more popular after Olimar is in Brawl.

Golden Sun Series

Issac - popular, the series is a lot of fun. I think the game boy part of Nintendo needs a rep. Issac would be a great addition

Custom Robo Series

Ray 01 - I don't know a lot about him. I do know that he's wanted, and he'd be very different from others.

Third Party Series

Snake - confirmed
Sonic - he's the only character I can see that would make someone buy this game. He should be in. Plus now with the Olympic game coming out, it increases his chances.
Megaman - another one that should be in no question, he's popular, he's got moves, and he's been in a lot of games.
Bomberman - He doesn't have as good of a chance as Sonic or Megaman, but he still has a chance, he could be a great addition.

thats my 50 man roster, feel free to give me opinions on it. 27 starters and 23 secret. PM me if you have any suggestions or comments, I'd appreciate it

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Using the icon theory, this is my wishlist:

Veteran Fighters
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Donkey Kong
7. Fox
8. Falco (Luigi-fied)
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Ganondorf (totally new moveset)
12. Samus
13. Ice Climbers
14. Ness
15. Kirby
17. Captain Falcon
18. Pikachu
19. Jigglypuff
20. Mewtwo
21. Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers:

22. Meta Knight
23. Pit
24. Wario
25. Ike
26. Pokemon Trainer
27. Diddy Kong
28. Snake

29. Sonic the Hedgehog
30. Captain Olimar
31. Megaman
32. Ridley
33. Midna or Midna + Wolf Link
34. Cel-shaded Young Link
35. King Deedee
36. Krystal
37. Animal Crossing Human Character
38. Paper Mario (he'd be from the Mario world - no separate icon needed)
39. Bomberman (according to some, the Japanese name is White Bomberman)

I'm hoping for a roster of 40 but I can't decide on the final position using the icon theory. So I hope Sakurai includes most of my wishlist and then surprises me.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The thing I hate about lists is that everyone lists who already is in and those new comers, why can't you guys just post who else you want or wanted and not those already confirmed?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Cinder405: You win for Kumatora. Although, I'd add Meowth, Sukapon, and few other characters.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well here's a list compiled by what I think'll make the final cut. It lacks explanations as of now but who knows i may add them in the future.

Mario Series

1) Mario (Confirmed)
2) Peach (Confirmed)
3) Bowser (Confirmed)
4) Luigi
5) Bowser Jr.

Legend of Zelda Series

6) Link (Confirmed)
7) Zelda (Confirmed)
8) Shiek
9) Ganondorf

Pokemon Series

10) Pikachu (Confirmed)
11) Pokemon Trainer (Confirmed)
12) Jigglypuff
13) Mewtwo

Kirby Series

14) Kirby (Confirmed)
15) Metaknight (Confirmed)
16) King Dedede

Donkey Kong Series

17) Donkey Kong (Confirmed)
18) Diddy Kong (Confirmed)

Star Fox Series

19) Fox (Confirmed)
20) Falco
21) Krystal

Metroid Series

22) Samus (Confirmed)
23) Zamus (Confirmed)
24) Ridley

Fire Emblem Series

25) Ike (Confirmed)
26) Black Knight!
27) Marth

Yoshi Series

28) Yoshi (Confirmed)

F-Zero Series

29) Captain Falcon

Earthbound Series

30) Lucas

Wario Ware Series

31) Wario (Confirmed)

Pikmin Series

32) Captain Olimar!

Retro

33) Ice Climbers (Confirmed)
34) Pit (Confirmed)
35) Mr. Game and Watch
36) Balloon Fighter

Golden Sun Series

37) Isaac

Animal Crossing

38) Animal Crosser

Other Series

39) Ray-01
40) Sukapon

Third Party

41) Snake (Confirmed)
42) Sonic
43) Megaman

Total Roster Count: 43. Maybe to be updated in the future.

Edited: Forgot Wario.

Counted Shiek and Zelda as seperate characters. Counted Zamus and Samus as seperate characters.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
This as realistic as I can get

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno (In because of how much people want him)

Wario

Yoshi

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Marth
Ike

Samus/ZSS
Ridely

Fox
Falco
Krystal

Kirby
Dedede
Meta Knight

DK
Diddy

Pit

Olimar

AC Character

Takamaru

Ray

Lucas

Ice Climbers

Game and Watch

C. Falcon

Pikachu
PT
Lucario (we need at least one non first gen)
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Snake

Sonic

Rockman

Florida

イーグランツ
You know what? I might as well contribute to this thread, and list my own roster predictions. There might be a distinct difference between arguing your roster, and sharing them ;). If this thread gets closed-- meh, it was created with good reasoning XD.

Confirmed:

1. Pit
2. Wario
3. (Zero Suit)Samus
4. Ike
5. Pokémon Trainer
6. Diddy Kong
7. Metaknight
8. Snake
9. Mario
10. Link
11. Kirby
12. Pikachu
13. Fox
14. Zelda (SHEIK TRANSFORMATION)
15. Bowser
16. Donkey Kong
17. Yoshi
18. Peach
19. Ice Climbers

Newcomers:

20. Ridley
21. Black Knight
22. King K. Rool
23. King Dedede
24. Geno
25. Wind Waker Link
26. Lucas
27. Claus
28. Wolf
29. Krystal
30. Captain Olimar
31. Ray 01
32. Animal Crossing Human (yes, I KNOW the article was proven false!)
33. Isaac
34. Sonic
35. Balloon Figher

Veterans:

36. Luigi
37. Captain Falcon
38. Jigglypuff
39. Mewtwo
40. Mr. Game and Watch
41. Ganondorf
42. Ness

Cinder

Smash Master
You know what? I might as well contribute to this thread, and list my own roster predictions. There might be a distinct difference between arguing your roster, and sharing them ;). If this thread gets closed-- meh, it was created with good reasoning XD.
Yeah...I wasn't shooting for a debate thread...just a place to share opinions...and besides, the "Argue YOUR List" thread seems a little outdated anyway (it's over a year old)...meh...what do I know:p

Anyway, thanks, Egruntz, I owe ya one XD

Nintendo_Rockstar

Smash Cadet
Mario series:

Veterans:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser

Newcomers:
- Bowser Jr.
| he appeared in main series games - Sunshine, NSMB
- Daisy
| she appeared in main series games - Super Mario Land for the GB
- Waluigi
| he only appeared in spinoffs - only important role was in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix - has the least chances of becoming playable out of the 3

Not coming back:
- Dr. Mario
| becomes an alternative suit for Mario

Pokemon series:

Veterans:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu (completely redone)

Newcomers:
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario
| best known 4th gen rep - starred in one of the best Pokemon movies - best rank in Mystery Dungeon is Lucario Rank
- Meowth
| best known Pokemon next to Pikachu!
- Darkrai
| just maybe, I don't really care bout him, but he's a pretty popular 4th gen legendary Pokemon

Not coming back:
- Pichu
| possibly... but he could be redone and no longer be a clone, and we need a 2nd gen rep!

Pokemon that should have been playable but have been confirmed as Pokeball Pokemon:
- Deoxys
| was the best choice for a 3rd gen rep!
- Munchlax
| first 4th gen Pokemon to be revealed - second best known 4th gen Pokemon next to Lucario

The Legend of Zelda series:

Veterans:
- Link
- Zelda
- Ganondorf

Newcomers:
- Midna + Wolf Link

Not coming back:
- Young Link
- Sheik

Kirby series:

Veterans:
- Kirby

Newcomers:
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Donkey Kong series:

Veterans:
- Donkey Kong

Newcomers:
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- King K. Rool

Yoshi series:

- Yoshi

Wario Land/WarioWare series:

- Wario

Star Fox series:

Veterans:
- Fox
- Falco

Newcomers:
- Krystal
- Wolf

Metroid series:

Veterans:
- Samus

Newcomers:
- Zero Suit Samus
- Ridley

F-Zero series:

- Captain Falcon

Characters that should have been playable but have been confirmed as AT:
- Samurai Goroh
| because of this Pico's and Dr. Steward's chances aren't that big, Samurai Goroh being the best possible rep for the series

EarthBound series:

Veterans:
- Ness

Newcomers:
- Lucas

Fire Emblem series:

Veterans:
- Marth (cuz he was the main character of the first FE game ever created!!! 1990, Famicom, Japan only)

Newcomers:
- Ike

Not coming back:
- Roy
| cause he was in just to promote his own game which was not even out by the time Melee was released, and he's not that important

Characters that should have been playable but have been confirmed as AT:
- Lyn!!!

Animal Crossing series:

- Human / Animal Crosser / Smashkid

Misc. series:

Veterans:
- Ice Climbers
- Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers:
- Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
- Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
- Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
- Jill (Drill Dozer)
- Lip (Panel de Pon)
- Issac (Golden Sun)
- Andy (Andvance Wars)

3rd Party:

- Sonic (Sega)
- Pacman (Namco)
- Megaman (Capcom)
- Snake (Konami)
- uh... Black Mage? I don't know much bout FF... (Square Enix)
- Bomberman (Hudson)

P.S. I HATE THE IDEA OF 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS BEING IN BRAWL!!! So personally I would prefer not to see any of these guys in Brawl!

The End... I guess...

Fizlzo

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong is gonna be awesome!!
i CANNOT WAIT FOR HIM!!
I also want
Waluigi
and
Sonic
!

Caael

Smash Lord
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Geno
Yoshi

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Celda

Samus/ Zamus
Ridley

Pikachu
Jigs
PT
Lucario

Donkey Kong
Diddy

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

C.Falcon

Fox
Wolf
Krystal

Ike
Black Knight
Micaiah

Ness
Lucas

Wario
Olimar
Isaac
Ray 01

Simon Belmont
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

That took all of 2 minutes

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did make my roster back on another thread. It looked like this...

I did have a prediction on what Brawl's roster could be. The roster is sorted by franchises.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser / Giga Bowser (use Final Smash)
Toad
Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario
Waluigi​

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool​

Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf / Ganon (use Final Smash)
Wolf Link and Midna
Wind Waker Link​

Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley / Omega Ridley (must touch Phazon)​

Yoshi​

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede​

Fox
Falco
Wolf o' Donnell
Krystal​

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
PKMN Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Gardevoir
Lucario​

Captain Falcon
Black Shadow​

Ness​

Ice Climbers​

Mr. Game & Watch​

Marth
Roy
Ike​

Wario​

Pit​

Animal Crosser​
Pikmin
Captain Olimar​
Golden Sun
Isaac​

Solid Snake​

Sonic the Hedgehog​

Rayman​

Note: I couldn't see any official threads where you post your rosters.

Top Bottom