• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Character Rooting For E3 Tournament

Who Will You Root For At The E3 Tournament?

• Mario

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Link

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Fox

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rosalina & Luma

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Little Mac

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Villager

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Megaman

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Bowser

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Marth

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Pit

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Kirby

• Samus

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Greninja

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Zelda

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Now that we know which characters will be in the Tournament, which character will you be rooting for to win the tournament?

The Poll will close once the day for the Tournament arrives.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I went with Marth, but since they're going with a draft thing, I'm just rooting for whoever Ken plays. Though Lilo gets some cheers too for being a fellow AZ dweller.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I really want to see what Pit, Samus and Greninja are capable of, but mostly Pit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Moved to the proper forum.

There ya go! :D

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I still consider Zelda my main so I'd be delighted to see her doing well.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I want to see Greninja do some work, but it's completely dependent on the player for me.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I have a pretty good feeling if a strong player gets Marth, they have a better chance of winning. He's mobile, strong, has good range, and is good in FFA's. Along with him being mostly the same in previous Smash games it seems like, so I believe the player will have an advantage.

Sadly none of the pro players seemed like they were picked from Brawl, so I think some characters will be less likely to win. Namely Zelda, Olimar, Sonic and Maybe ZSS.

Link and Mac have terrible recoveries, so those two will have a hard time making it past FFA's.

DK is typically a hard character to master, but I think he would be great in the FFA stage with his new super armor moves.

Bowser will be played by DJ nintendo, most likely, so that increases Bowser's chance of winning.

Pikachu has always been an easy character to spam with, and since they'll all be playing a new game, it could take players longer to learn how to deal with it.

From what we've seen, I don't think Villager or MegaMan seem like great choices for FFA, but I could be wrong.

The character I think with the best chance of winning is Marth, but I'm rooting for Pit or Villager

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm hoping Samus makes it far, I really want to see how kickass she has become. Greninja and Mega Man would be neat to see in action too.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
I'll root for the best and most competitive player. I won't be character-specific.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If KDJ picks up Rosalina.... it's over.

I would love to see Greninja vs Shiek though

D

Deleted member

I'll be rooting for Ken, aMSa, and whoever picks Greninja.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Especially if it's DJNintendo at the helm.
I sadly don't really know anything about most of the guys that will play. :/ But I do know that someone said he'd pick Bowser (DJNintendo?), so I am happy to be able to see the new Bowser going strong. :)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
He's a fighting Robot! Megaman!

Edit: I will also root for Little Mac and Samus. Kinda looking forward to see how Bowser plays out as well.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
If KDJ picks up Rosalina.... it's over.

I would love to see Greninja vs Shiek though
Sheik isn't selectable in the invitational. The revealed Smash 4 characters that aren't selectable at the invitational are:

- Luigi
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Diddy Kong
- Sheik
- Toon Link
- Lucario
- Charizard
- King Dedede
- Ike

Personally I'd love to see a former bad character perform well. Someone like Bowser (DJNintendo), Link or Samus (HugS).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sheik isn't selectable in the invitational. The revealed Smash 4 characters that aren't selectable at the invitational are:

- Luigi
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Diddy Kong
- Sheik
- Toon Link
- Lucario
- Charizard
- King Dedede
- Ike

Personally I'd love to see a former bad character perform well. Someone like Bowser (DJNintendo), Link or Samus (HugS).
No Shiek, Dedede, Peach or Yoshi!? Lame. Wanted to see HD Peach gameplay from Lilo and same for aSMa & Yoshi.
But whatever, as long as we finally get to see the game in motion I'm set!

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm surprised at the characters everyone seems to be voting for. Honestly I'm glad. Looks like we're all hoping for an interesting conclusion to the tournament. Shout outs to Little Mac, Bowser, Sonic, and Mega Man for having the current top support.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'm rooting for players, not characters. That said, I voted Villager anyway because I thought it'd be funny to see someone playing the Villager win.

Also guys the players don't get to choose their characters. So whilst it'd be cool to see DJN with Bowser, he'd have to just get lucky and hope he draws Bowser's number.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
I'm rooting for players, not characters. That said, I voted Villager anyway because I thought it'd be funny to see someone playing the Villager win.

Also guys the players don't get to choose their characters. So whilst it'd be cool to see DJN with Bowser, he'd have to just get lucky and hope he draws Bowser's number.
They do get to choose their characters. They draw numbers to decide who gets to pick first.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder who the last character picked is going to be. Probably Zelda or Bowser.
Unfortunately, it won't work that way; there are 20 available characters, and 16 players. 4 characters won't end up being used at all.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh. And here I thought it was 16 and 16. Should have paid more attention I guess then the question is who are the 4 who won't get chosen..
I am thinking these four:

1) Mario - His FLUDD is what will probably ward off someone from picking him. Plus, I think people will pick someone who seems to be top tier.

2) Link - Though his projectiles provide good coverage, I think his Up B has not been restored back to its original Melee form.

3) Pikmin & Olimar - The decrease in amount of Pikmin available will probably scare off Olimar players. Also, Olimar's UP B looks like it would leave him open for too long.

4) Villager - I know I am going on a limb here, but I believe Villager's arsenal would not provide much use for someone who is not good at mind games.

Villager seems to be the most likely of these four to be picked to me, but only if someone picks him for Mind Games, imo.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'll be rooting for Bowser, as he is one of my favorite Nintendo characters. I hope DJNintendo gets to play him.

EDIT: I'll also be rooting for everybody's favorite electric rat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Luigi isn't a selectable character at this tournament... :(
So, I'm rooting for my second favorite character! Come on, Pit! The fight is on!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a Villager win due to his quirky moveset and the fact a lot of people seem to have low expectations for him. Any newcomer winning would be satisfying though.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Seeing a heavyweight like Bowser or DK win would be the best. Even though I have the feeling the classic high tiers like Marth, Fox and maybe Greninja have bigger chances at winning.

Morbi

Scavenger
Seeing a heavyweight like Bowser or DK win would be the best. Even though I have the feeling the classic high tiers like Marth, Fox and maybe Greninja have bigger chances at winning.
To be fair, it depends on the player. If someone like "Peachyhime" is playing a high tier character versus "PP" with a low tier character, the MU is immatieral. There is going to be a huge skill gap. I do not even believe that tiers will be relevant for this event as it is the first of its kind.

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Since there's no Ness, I'll root for my secondary: Kirby.
But I'll also root for Amsa, because he's my favorite smasher (and he said he would use Kirby anyway, so...).

Top Bottom