• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Tucson Tri-Weekly 6-28-08

Entrants: 18
Entry: $5
Region: Southwest (AZ)

Singles
1: Forward (Snake)
2: Slick (Metaknight)
3: James Woods[GamerGuitarist7] (Marth)
4: Cory Modern (ROB)
5: EoW (Dedede)
5: Justin K (Snake/Olimar)
7: 2D (ROB/G&W)
7: Idaho (DK?)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182217

KiT:Revival - Nashville, TN 7/12 RESULTS
SSBB Singles (47)
$10 Entry Fee

1st - Reflex (Wario/Pokemon Trainer)
2nd - DarkIori (Snake/MK/Donkey Kong)
3rd - elev8 (Dedede/G&W)
4th - Shinblade (Snake)
t-5th - KOkingpin (Yoshi)
t-5th - Nice1 (Falco/Snake)
t-7th - BigRice (Meta Knight)
t-7th - Captain N (Dedede)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
3rd - elev8 (Dedede/G&W)
4th - Shinblade (Snake)
t-5th - KOkingpin (Yoshi/Captain Falcon)
My props to KOkingpin

Mmac

Smash Lord
Relflex, KO Said, and other contenders confirmed, that KO only used Yoshi in the Singles Tournament. He used Yoshi and Falcon in the Doubles, which is probably what caused the confusion

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Relflex, KO Said, and other contenders confirmed, that KO only used Yoshi in the Singles Tournament. He used Yoshi and Falcon in the Doubles, which is probably what caused the confusion
Corrected; I apologize.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182217

KiT:Revival - Nashville, TN 7/12 RESULTS
SSBB Singles (47)
$10 Entry Fee

3rd - elev8 (Dedede/G&W)
4th - Shinblade (Snake)
t-5th - KOkingpin (Yoshi)
Good lord...you won a tournament with Pokemon Trainer (and Wario). You are freaking awesome. I want to see videos. >_>

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Good lord...you won a tournament with Pokemon Trainer (and Wario). You are freaking awesome. I want to see videos. >_>
I currently don't have any, but I hope that changes soon.

I know that there were videos taken of Grand Finals for Singles and Teams...in Grand Finals for Singles, I only used Wario (used P. Trainer entirely in Winner's Finals, though). I used both of them in Teams, though; hopefully I can throw the videos around whenever they get put up.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a fan of Yoshi, but I think it's really cool someone placed well among a group of Snakes, MKs, Warios, DDD's, and Falcos.

Rabit

Smash Rookie
This is prolly a dumb idea, but wouldn't taking loses (not making top 8) and character ratios per tourney into account make the character rating list more accurate? I may just be missing the greater part of the list's concept. Or the math. Whichever.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It would take A LOT of work to gather all the info. Imagine a tourney with 40+ people, I don't think they'll be able to collect ALL the data (characters, for instance).

Rabit

Smash Rookie
That's the hard part. But the more accurate you want to be in anything the harder it will usually be. Also, just a copy of the tourny brackets would help, yes? Post-tourny. Most of it is just more involved math, really.

Its not the most plausible idea in the world. I'm just putting it out there. ^.^;

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I could get every bracket of every tourney, along with the character used by every single person in the tourney, I'd be set. I'd have all the data I could ever want.

Too bad people usually don't care enough to leave that much data.

Rabit

Smash Rookie
Best you can do is ask for it and hope for the best. Maybe build up the full-bracket tournys on the side with what you're given of them while still doing this main one?

What you're doing is more than most do, so I don't really have room to critique. ^.^;

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That would be useless because I'd get maybe four tournaments with that much information in the time span of two months.

Rabit

Smash Rookie
Never know til' you try. Assuming you're right, though, that would be why it would be the side project. It would take much longer...

Would be interesting to see how both lists grow seperate from eachother... and the eventual differences in them.

Again: just an idea. A theory. No reason to do it other than for amusement in the short-term.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What short term? By the time I get enough tournaments to cover more than 20 characters, it'd be two months and half the tournaments would be outdated.

Rabit

Smash Rookie
Extend the tourny expiration for the full-bracket one to like 4, or 5 months then...? It will still cycle along with your official one, give you more time to collect info on it, and since its not your official one it doesn't have to be up-to-date within 2 months or so of the present skill-level.

Short-term because again... assuming you're right and you get info for it *much* slower, the full-tourny one will evolve seperate from your official one much slower.

I'm sorry if this is making you mad. I was just stating an idea. No bad intentions involved.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In that case, there's no relevance for it. Of course, you can feel free to find as many tournaments that have that much information available (to date, the best I've seen was full bracket and characters down to top16, but nothing better than that).

Rabit

Smash Rookie
There's a relevance for it. The accuracy of it helps counter the longer expiration and as the Smash community's skill begins to peek (because the game will be out longer and longer)and the learning curve settles down the overall changes in the list will begin to slow down.

You're right, though. Full-bracket tourny info will be harder to get. Most (or near all) prolly will come from those that actually attended the tourny.

If I find any, I'll definitely post them for you. ^.^V

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Results from a Ninja Monkey touranment in Albuquerque, New Mexico. There's no thread becuase we heard of it on the same day it was hosted, but it had a good turnout of 22 people. It happed yesterday (07/15/08). It was a $10 entrance fee. Results were:

1. GoldenGlove (DK) ($95 and some passes to Ninja monkey)
2. Sinz (Snake) ($45 and some pass)
3. Dekar (Ness) ($15 and a pass)
4. Erich (Lucario)
5. AJ (Pit)
5. AX (Pit)
7. ZMan (Lucas)
7. JT (Ike)

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
It may surprise some of you that im glad that shiek is low on this list. This means that not many people play shiek which also means that i am more unique then the millions of marth and lucario players (just an example dont freak).

Not sayings its bad that a lot of people favor certain characters i just like playing someone like shiek =D.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Hey Ankoku, do you check to see how many times someone used their secondary before giving them boosting points for it? I find it rather uneven that someone will go Wario and use pokemon trainer for like two matches and give him equal boostment. I somehow doubt the guy who got first was "wario slash pokemon trainer",. I could be wrong but I'm wondering if you check on this, I believe that issue came up with Captian Falcon as well before.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How am I supposed to check? I'm sincerely hoping that people read my note that said
"On that note, PLEASE ONLY PROVIDE MAINS. I don't care if you randomly picked Captain Falcon for a random game in your first round if you spent the rest of the tournament as Meta Knight."

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
How am I supposed to check? I'm sincerely hoping that people read my note that said
"On that note, PLEASE ONLY PROVIDE MAINS. I don't care if you randomly picked Captain Falcon for a random game in your first round if you spent the rest of the tournament as Meta Knight."
If you want more people to notice that, & is the way to go.

cheetacuz007

Smash Apprentice
i think it would be easier/ or maybe harder but if u had a set list of tournaments that you would use and then have someone report them
it would keep noobs from posting insignificant tourneys

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Less significant tourneys will subsequently have less emphasis on my list, following my current points system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom