• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character matchups you can never win?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I keep forgetting that Mega Man's pee shooter is technically a jab, and can stop approaches instead of just whittle damage away like his source material. Eventually it will sink into my head, I'm just hoping that it's before I'm bludgeoned into a pulp. :teeth:
That's pretty much the major reason I hate fighting him. Even if I know it's coming, I just can't seem to get around it. >_<

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Mostly :4lucario: :4rob: oh wait, forgot to mention :rosalina: (Sometimes :4yoshi:)

I mainly play Toon Link and every so often I would win against these match ups just because the opponent doesn't even know what they're doing.

However when playing against good :4lucario::rosalina: my tactics just tend to favor them (Get :4lucario: at high % and now I have to approach for the kill or I'll keep getting hit in the face with fully charged aura spheres. :rosalina: down special just makes my projectiles worthless from afar and I'm focused to play more defensive and focus more on reads than anything else.)

Last edited:

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina is awful to fight. I feel like I can never land an attack on her.

toiletsawce

Smash Rookie
I main ness and I have serious problems with rosalina I can beat her its just nearly impossible for me

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I main ness and I have serious problems with rosalina I can beat her its just nearly impossible for me
Patience is the key. I really like the Ness vs Rosalina matchup. Hit the Luma away at all times possible, and try and lure her into eating your PK Thunder 2. Those kills are just soooo satisfying vs Rosalina! :3

:4dk: vs :rosalina: is a match I will lose most often against my friend. I will also lose against his :4zss: with :4dk:. But I beat these two characters of him badly with :4diddy:.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Captain falcon and Mario... The characters I play dont do too well against them. Falcon is just annoying to deal with overall, and with his playstyle I really just struggle against him overall

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I have alot of difficulty in Ganondorf dittos. Every battle essentially boils down to both players trying to out read eachother and it gets pretty frustrating.

Mega Majikku

Smash Rookie
For me, whenever I play Meta Knight, Shulk's a real problem just because all of Shulk's moves out range Meta Knights.

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
I've always had problems with good DK players myself. The amount of meteors he has is crazy. If I get outread by DK, I don't have much hope. Luckily, I don't run into too many great DKs :p

Captain Falcon is a problem too, but I feel like if you can stop him from getting momentum, he isn't as bad.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I cannot handle almost everyone... I only fight CPU level 9's... but the most pain for ME is :4peach:&:4greninja:. And I play as :4shulk::4darkpit::4ness::4kirby: Most of the time.

33percentgod

Smash Apprentice
After playing at least 1-2 hours a day, I STILL have yet to be able to beat the big 3 as the Bowser main. No matter what, I can NOT win against a proficient :4link::4yoshi::4dedede:. I literally might as well just exit the game because there's no way I'm winning. I have less trouble fighting people like :4sheik::4diddy::rosalina: who are supposed to be "top tier."

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
From a :4rob:'s perspective, :4zss::4luigi::4fox:and :4yoshi:are super annoying. They can combo R.O.B. to high hell and usually have little trouble getting past a Gyro and a bunch of lasers. :4sheik:is pretty much impossible, provided the player is any good.
For me, :4villager: is hands-down the worst matchup to be stuck in. I'm not allowed to use Gyro when he's onstage (he'll just pocket it) and reflecting the Lloids doesn't do any good (he'll either pocket it and send two back at me or jump over it/shield it if he has Gyro in reserve), so I just have to harass him with chip damage lasers, chase him around the stage with Nairs (which usually doesn't work, thanks to his obnoxious slingshot), and hope for the best. It's hardly unwinnable, but most of the time, I won't be able to take victory without going through hell and back first. Reflecting the tree/bowling ball with Arm Rotor is super cool, though.

Truelink64

Smash Rookie
NNID
Truelink64
I can't win against :4sheik: or :4rob: Not only do they annoy me, but those who play them are good af

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
I'm horrible in the Falco / Peach matchup.

I've learned to deal with Rosalina recently so at least that doesn't trouble me anymore.

#KingM

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3926-6730-0487
Oh god, since I main DDD, Mario and ZSS are threats that easily come to mind. Anybody that can use projectiles are a HUGE threat to DDD.

therapy plz

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I can never beat :4yoshi: no matter which character I choose. He's quick, strong, has an annoying projectile, and overall is just a pain to fight.

Also :4luigi: gives me trouble if I'm playing as :4ganondorf:.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
:4luigi:'s priority and combos are hard to compete against. :4sheik:just has so many options that it is hard to fight her. :4zss:'s range and her agility give me a hard time. :4pit:/:4darkpit: have always annoyed me but I just have very little experience against them. :4myfriends: gotten so much better in the patch that I am starting to find him troubling especially since it is hard to practice against him.. I have no problem against :rosalina:I feel like :4charizard: has the advantage in the match up but she is just straight up irritating with the Luma. Outside of character I have little experience against I don't have much problems while using:006:.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have some sort of mental block against ROB; I am not completely and utterly fond of his character itself and his play-style is irritable to say the least. I also seem to beat myself up if I do not approach carefully, it makes me feel incompetent and his annoying face just stares into your soul as you fail. That laser seems to always be fully charged and my item control is poor so the spin-top decimates me. Honestly, he is not that great of a character, but I cannot seem to adapt against him.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
After playing at least 1-2 hours a day, I STILL have yet to be able to beat the big 3 as the Bowser main. No matter what, I can NOT win against a proficient :4link::4yoshi::4dedede:. I literally might as well just exit the game because there's no way I'm winning. I have less trouble fighting people like :4sheik::4diddy::rosalina: who are supposed to be "top tier."
If you can get really good with bowser you can beat almost anyone he is so dangerous.
A trait that probly only he has out of the heavies.

We need more heavies like Bowser...

Also DDD is pretty crazy too but i have trouble getting the kill with him sometimes.....

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have some sort of mental block against ROB; I am not completely and utterly fond of his character itself and his play-style is irritable to say the least. I also seem to beat myself up if I do not approach carefully, it makes me feel incompetent and his annoying face just stares into your soul as you fail. That laser seems to always be fully charged and my item control is poor so the spin-top decimates me. Honestly, he is not that great of a character, but I cannot seem to adapt against him.
R.O.B is a great character trust me bro i dont play him but i know how annoying and deadly he is.

So is DDD.
But i say R.O.B is more tough.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I always win :yeahboi:

There isn't really a matchup I feel that I can NEVER win but I'd say Rosalina or Pit/Dark Pit(if I'm Ganon) are the most annoying. One thing that makes the Rosalina matchup easier is getting her into the air. She's super floaty and doesn't really have good landing options so she hates getting juggled.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Like a lot of people who play this game online, Rosalumas and most Lucarios, but mainly Rosaluma are the characters that give me the most trouble. I can manage to get a few wins against Lucarios, but Rosalumas? I am not sure if I ever won a match against one. It is sorta discouraging to keep playing since those two characters are extremely overused online.
I say tbh by far majority will Rosaluma and Sonic they break the traditional normal means to approach and fight.
They are other tough characters such as

R.O.B
Yoshi
Ness
Luigi
Mario
Diddy
ZSS

But Rosaluma and Sonic are just ugh....you have to play them at there own game..

Were as R.O.B/ZSS/Yoshi/Diddy most worry is just dodge the projectile/shield to stop there on slaught set up from there....

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
:4falcon::4dedede::4link::4lucario::4sheik::4wario2::4yoshi:
They give me the biggest issues. It's probably due to my playstyle sometimes because I try to play aggressive even though I should play defensive and space more.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I can never beat anyone with my Jigglypuff no matter how hard I practice.

Oh wait, that's only when I'm being a desperate rester...

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I like how lots of people seem to have trouble against :4lucario:... It's a good time to be a Lucario main! But for the love of God... I hate the guts off anyone who plays :4sonic:,:4tlink:(have yet to figure out exactly why),:4falcon:, and :4mario:. Not sure why I have issues against TL, but against the other three, with Sonic being Sonic, C. Falcon's dominating neutral game, and Mario's overall trolliness, I can't stand any of them.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
little macs know how to annoy me and I can't stand dealing with him when choosing :4kirby: or:rosalina:. Also when it comes to facing a good Wario, there's that oso wart that justs frustrates me.

Top Bottom