• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Matchup Discussion:Olimar

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, you don't have to apologize. I'm very easy to confuse. ^^;
And a number of Olimars like RC. There's a lot of cool stuff we can do there.

I actually got dizzy and tired fighting a Pit on one stage, but I don't want to explain it because the only thing I've encountered in Brawl that was worse was fighting a Pit on Bridge of Eldin on Wifi. :<

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
we should decide on a matchup number for this and several other discussed MUs because im making the match-up number chart up to date and in tier order literally right now and we are missing so many numbers its like wtf mate

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET AHOLD OF A MOD FOREVER TO GIVE ME OWNERSHIP OF THE DANG MATCHUP THREAD CUZ I WOULD OF ALREADY HAD SEVERAL CHARACTERS DONE AND OVER WITH BUT NONE OF THEM HAVE RESPONDED YET :mad::mad::mad:

if u cant tell its annoying me :glare:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
really? i wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. lol. wat would you say if i wanted to make a new but only temporary MU thread with wat i believed to be good summaries of all the characters i can based on current discussion and experiance and then when you get the original thread you can copy and paste wat you want and we will get rid of the temporary? either way im alone and can't grounded grab release test the cast yet so im actually starting so i was wondering if i would be out of line getting some of the other boards in my matchup numbers and such?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I wish I could be a mod for the Pit boards, since it has less people than other character boards I think. Plus I like helping out ^^

dskank

Smash Journeyman
really? i wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. lol. wat would you say if i wanted to make a new but only temporary MU thread with wat i believed to be good summaries of all the characters i can based on current discussion and experiance and then when you get the original thread you can copy and paste wat you want and we will get rid of the temporary? either way im alone and can't grounded grab release test the cast yet so im actually starting so i was wondering if i would be out of line getting some of the other boards in my matchup numbers and such?
it would probably be easier to wait for kuro to get ownership

I wish I could be a mod for the Pit boards, since it has less people than other character boards I think. Plus I like helping out ^^
ur in the bbr so maybe u could bring up getting a mod for the pit boards to who ever deals with that possibly?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll take care of it for you, Kuro. PM me a post of yours that you don't mind losing, that's of a date ealrier than the matchup thread. I'll move it to the thread and you'll gain ownership and can put all of the info into that post.

Edit: If you are talking about this matchup thread, the first post is two years before your first post on smashboards. I, nor any other mod, can give you ownership of this thread. Your only option, if you want to run the Pit Board's Matchup Thread, is to create your own from scratch. After you do so, I'll sticky it for you and unstick and close the one that's currently up.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'll take care of it for you, Kuro. PM me a post of yours that you don't mind losing, that's of a date ealrier than the matchup thread. I'll move it to the thread and you'll gain ownership and can put all of the info into that post.

Edit: If you are talking about this matchup thread, the first post is two years before your first post on smashboards. I, nor any other mod, can give you ownership of this thread. Your only option, if you want to run the Pit Board's Matchup Thread, is to create your own from scratch. After you do so, I'll sticky it for you and unstick and close the one that's currently up.
i see then can u give me a legit site to get photos to work from cuz no matter where i go i cant get photos to work anymore and i want photos up for the characters. and is there a guide i can read on how to make threads with all the adv-ish stuff. cuz i need to know how to do hidden messages and such (sad idk how) but ill be glad to put in the work since the pit's who use to take care of it arent around enough anymore

just in case

Hilt

for namesearching purposes in case u dont check this thread again :D

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
i see then can u give me a legit site to get photos to work from cuz no matter where i go i cant get photos to work anymore and i want photos up for the characters. and is there a guide i can read on how to make threads with all the adv-ish stuff. cuz i need to know how to do hidden messages and such (sad idk how) but ill be glad to put in the work since the pit's who use to take care of it arent around enough anymore

just in case

Hilt

for namesearching purposes in case u dont check this thread again :D
Kuro,

I'd be more than happy to work with you on this matchup thread. However, I will need some time before I can sit down and do anything. Finals are coming soon :urg:

Just a couple tips to get you started:

• imageshack.us is your friend. Utilize it. It's what most of the pictures are hosted on from the MU thread (among other areas of smashboards). Copy the DIRECT link (second from the top text box when you have successfully uploaded a picture) and use that when using [ IMG]http://aaa.bbb[/ IMG] (remove spaces)
  • Use [ collapse] "Content" [/ collapse] (remove spaces) to create a collapsable, hidden box like below.

"Content"

That's about it. The rest of your special, cool font stuff will be all found in your Message options when posting.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Deviantart.com is another good site for character pictures. I use to search it and photobucket when I would need something for our matchup thread. And yeah, is
the tag you're looking for? Because if so then yeah, Krys covered i well. The only thing he didn't mention is that you can give the boxes a title with [Collase=Title], which gives you[Collapse=Title]Stuff
Or do you mean something else?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm pretty sure that is what he is implying, Kuro.

Thanks for the extra tidbit Hilt, wow, I never knew you could title them as well, tight! Also, I just use google for tight pictures, then deviantart, because people are picky there sometimes about what you use... plus they have that dumb dA logo watermark sometimes haha...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'll just Think about the match up's and post my opinion on ratio's going down the tier list

Pit vs Mk: 40-60.
Pit vs Snake: 55-45 or 50-50.
Pit vs Diddy: 60-40 or 55-45, Stage dependent.
Pit vs Falco: 45-55.
Pit vs Wario: 40-60.
Pit vs Marth: 40-60.
Pit vs IC's: 60-40 or 55-45.
Pit vs Olimar: 40-60 or 45-55.
Pit vs Pikachu: 50-50.
Pit vs D3: 50-50 or 45-55. Stage dependent.
Pit vs G&W: 40-60 or 45-55.
Pit vs Lucario: 45-55 or 55-45. First stock decides Ratio. (Personally I think it's in cario's favor.)
Pit vs Zss: 50-50 or slightly in Pit's favor.
Pit vs Toon Link: 50-50.
Pit vs Kirby: 45-55 or 40-60 (If Kirby gets arrows.)
Pit vs Fox 50-50 (I personally think it's slightly in Pit's favor, I love fighting Spacies.)
Pit vs ROB: 50-50 or 55-45 (Slightly in Pit's favor if you use correct Nair usage.)
Pit vs Pit: 90-10 (First one to up-b off stage loses.) jk it's 50-50.
Pit vs Peach: 50-50 or 55-45.
Pit vs Dk: 60-40.
Pit vs Luigi 50-50. (I have a lot of experience in this match-up.)
Pit vs Wolf: 60-40 (on FD) 55-45. (On other stages.)
Pit vs Sheik/Zelda (as in turns to both) it's 55-45.
Pit vs Sonic: 50-50.
Pit vs Ike: 60-40, 55-45.
Pit vs San's Ike: 35-65.
Pit vs Sheik: 55-45.
Pit vs Ness: 55-45 or 60-40.
Pit vs PT 58.3-41.7. or 56.6-43.4.
Pit vs Squirtle: 50-50 or 45-55.
Pit vs Ivysaur: 65-35.
Pit vs Charizard: 60-40.
Pit vs Yoshi: 55-45
Pit vs Lucas: 50-50 (It's harder then Ness.)
Pit vs Mario: 50-50 or 55-45.
Pit vs Bowser: 60-40 or 55-45.
Pit vs Falcon: 65-35 .
Pit vs Ally's Falcon: 50-50.
Pit vs Samus: 50-50 or 55-45.
Pit vs Jigglypuff: 55-45 or 60-40.
Pit vs Link: 65-35.
Pit vs Ganon: 70-30.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ya thats pretty smack on. i also have a lot of weegee experiance :p i do however think we beat ike 60:40 and DK 65:35 but thats probably just me.
and yes kuro that is what im talking about

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Alright guys Ima make the New mu thread during winter break i got a reseach paper this weekend and a big tourney next weekend so im sorry i cant get to it sooner...but maha if u want to go ahead and start making the whatchamacallzit then go ahead.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Justice!!!!!!!!!!

SUPER MEGA ULTRA BUMP OF JUSTICE!!!!

Seriously we need to get oli in here again and a bit more input. We really cant just go off the little basics in here.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Don't try to plank Olimar. He has soo many options to deal with it. Fsmash and GRAB(!) are both amazing.

Try to capitalize on juggling. Nair is a good option since its lingering hitbox is sometimes out after whistle ends. Same with Uair.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
This is a matchup I'm really unexperienced in.

I know Olimar's grab can catch Pit if he is hanging on the ledge. crazy stuff

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
all pikmin can do it, its just blue is most noticeable because they are common and have slightly longer than average grab range

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I would say camping until 30% like Falco could be effective since olimar can combo out of throws from 0%, but being more aggro in this matchup, I think, is the way to go. All the pikmin have different uses. Red is good for aerials, while yellow for smashes, blue for grab range and bthrow, white for latching on, and purple is just super strong, but has short range.

Dealing with his spam you sort of have to know what is coming at you. If he throws yellow, red, or blue ignore them and charge right at olimar and attack because he is vulnerable then and the pikmin will get knocked off in the process of you attacking anyway. I believe 1 fair will kill any of those.

If a white pikmin gets latched onto you then fair immediately since those do like 6% every 2 seconds or something. And purple pikmin have knockback when thrown so shield those for the most part. If you anticipate olimar side b's, approach with angel ring or mirror shield because reflected pikmin on olimar **** him. He has to kill them himself or use a whistle if he doesn't want to and you can follow up with a grab there.

Olimar's want different pikmin for what they are planning to do so being aggro is the best way to not let them have what they want.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
One key thing against Olimar is to recognize exactly which moves he uses. All Olimar's have patterns, the key is deciphering his moves apart from one another so you don't blindly start swinging when close range fighting comes along.

Also I generally use N-Air to get rid of Pikmin since its my least used aerial.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
pit's nair is actually a great move at mid range, its hard for olimar to punish the actual move and IIRC hits all pikmin, just don't do it at close range or above olimar because you will get punished with a grab or up-air, or a really well timed upsmash

BTW, i suggest going to FD against olimar, your arrows outrange oli's pikmin toss past halfway across the stage, and those arrows are actually really annoying for olimar to deal with due to speed and small size

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Olimars will generally ban FD against Pit, unless they're super afraid of rainbow or something.

We can gain a lot in this matchup if we just do our research on olimar's pikmin and keep an eye on his lineup while playing.

fUddO

Smash Ace
From what I remember, Olimar gets worse Pikman on Pictochat, and better on Delfino. They have a whole stage analysis on their boards.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Pictochat's pluck percentages are pretty standard.
For information on pluck percentages, check THIS POST.

The hitbubble on blue grab is the same size as the others and the extra range on blue grab is almost insignificant.
For more information, check the "Grab Range Differences" tab of THIS POST.

Top Bottom