• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character improvements for SSB4

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=820]Character improvements for SSB4[/drupal]

Just a collection of thoughts on how characters should be modified.

Mario's recovery got super gimped when he lost the tornado spin. Some think FLUDD should be removed and replaced, but I think it should stay. After all, who doesn't love the satisfaction of making a premature KO with a non-damaging move? It has it's uses.
What should become a new recovery is the cape, and not by repeatedly pressing the side B (unless you want to for reflectrion.) You should be able to hold B when in midair, and if you hold it long enough, Mario does the famous cape glide, which he can also use Up-B or an attack from, but can't use the cape again till he lands. Such a move may give him an advantage among his fierce opponents.

I was surprised they didn't put this in, but Yoshi's tongue should have been an edge grab move. That really could have made up for bad recovery. But what about edgehoggers? Well, he can either swallow them from that mave to make a Yoshicide, or Up-B them to clear the edge for him to grab. Sweet huh?

BRING BACK COMBO KLAW!!! But I really like the game changing "Emo Klaw" too. What should be done: Make it so that you can choose whether you want to Emo Klaw or Combo Klaw by the pressing of certain buttons. Just make sure Bowser can't make an endless combo.

I would change his down-b into a killing move. But other than that, I really don't know.

Stop the madness. Remove the stamina factor. I guess this also removes the idea of PT, but more people would use PT if you could favor a pokemon. I'm pretty sure SamuraiPanda said in a podcast that he would use Charizard as a single character. As a bonus, if you were to become good with all of them, you could swap whenever you wanted to gain advantages where needed.

I'd make his recovery less gimpable, but I'm not sure if that's possible...

Meh. Override edgehoggers clutch on the edge. All I can say.

What do you think?

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=820]Character improvements for SSB4[/drupal]

I would change his down-b into a killing move. But other than that, I really don't know.

What do you think?
sonic really needs priority personally i would rather change his side b becase of ASC which is ariel spin charge while holding forawrds does an easy 18 percent and is cancelable and with a few follow ups

like the yoshi idea

uhhh thats all i can think of right now

finalark

SNORLAX
when it comes to Sonic here's what needs to be changed:

No attacking after his B-Up: No one else in the game can (other than snake, and I think the same about his B-Up too) and plus it's already ungodly high vertical recovery.

Nerf the time on Super Sonic: It should only be half as long.

And that's it.

c-1

Smash Cadet
maybe, they could make Sonic's Final smash more like wario-man.

Scott!

Smash Lord
For Zelda, I'd give her better movement out of her up-B move, even at the cost of a small amount of distance. Missing the sweetspotted edge just hurts my soul a lot sometimes.

Samus - Give charge shot actual kill power. Make bombs act like they did in Melee, exploding on impact.

Link - Fix his spin attack so it actually hits while it's out. It's just dumb that an opponent can walk through the end of it untouched. Also, better recovery, either through better spin attack or longer tether. Just... something.

Luigi - I'd mess around with his dash attack so it couldn't be shielded halfway through after hitting with the first half. That just seems cruel.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Sheik- Fsmash should be just like mk's even in knockback with the dagger on her back. Just less range but more speed than mk's that would give sheik a good kill move. The chain should be a zair. The forward b should be a shuriken that when thrown comes back at u ala boomerang. But it does 1% and its multihit if u get caught in it it brings u with it towards sheik. Does a maximum of 8%. Dsmash needs more knockback.

Toon/Young Link- After using upB the deku leaf should come out and act as a parasol/gandw upb. Dair should have an option for cancelling in the middle of it and it should spike with fire. Fsmash should be a one hit attack only wth the same knockback the current 2nd hit has. Ftilt should have more knockback.

Ganondorf- He should hover above the ground ala mewtwo. B should be dark fireballs that can be charged. Depending on how much u charged it more orbs come out. And he should attack with the sword instead of being a cf clone.

Cfalcon- The knee should have MOAR knockback and should be easier to land ala melee. His smashes need more knockback and an easier way to hit with them. His priority needs to be fixed too.

Pkmn Trainer- get rid of stamina that was the stupidest idea ever.

Olimar- upB should let him get back to the stage. XD

Snake- ftilt doesnt do 20 dmg anymore and has a little less range. Utilt isnt as fast.

MK- Tornado needs nerfing as does shuttle loop. His dsmash shouldnt be his "i solved my killing problem move" anymore. If sakurai gave us sheik crazy speed with little knockback i feel mk should be treated the same in the next game.

Thats all for now.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
You do know that Mario still has the Mario Tornado, more or less... it's his dair. Or did you mean losing it as a special? Personally, I would make halve the length of MK's Mach Tornado and give Sonic some priority. I also really really like the Deku Leaf Glide idea for Link/TL.

D

Deleted member

No attacking after his B-Up: No one else in the game can
What about Mr. Game and Watch?
Anyway... Snake's hit boxes need to be reduced. I can't take it when Snake's foot comes within a yard of my character I get hit. Let Ganondorf use the sword! MK needs a little more power at the expense of a lot of speed.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
What about Mr. Game and Watch?
Anyway... Snake's hit boxes need to be reduced. I can't take it when Snake's foot comes within a yard of my character I get hit. Let Ganondorf use the sword! MK needs a little more power at the expense of a lot of speed.
Mk DOES NOT need any improvement of any type.

I like the idea of mario though. It would be pretty cool to be able to glide with him.:)

paulleh

Smash Apprentice
MK needs to be nerfed in most areas, captain falcon should have more hit stun and quicker smashes, give ganon a sword, make jiggs a little faster, improve links up-B, make falco's up-B longer, and make snake not as strong.

thats all I can think of.

LSDX

Wah!
:snake:
None of his explosives should hurt him and his Utilt should have more range. :chuckle:
This is to funny for words. This just helps Snake get away with more explosive spamming then he already does. If anything, his Uptilt can have more range, but it must be extremely nerfed in terms of power (it's either his first or second best KO move).

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
:ike:
Get rid of Eruption.... Ike is not a flame swordsman.
Add in an energy based "sword wave" projectile.
Add on minor healing based on damage dealt with Aether. Perhaps a 30% chance per hit of 1% healing would work.

:marth:
Implement the Fire Emblem, which in one of the old FE's allowed him to open chests and stuff like that, in his moveset somehow.... perhaps as a stealing type special.

:roymelee:
Bring him back lol....
And don't make him a Marth clone... its not hard to make something remotely unique.

:metaknight:
NERF HIM!!!

kr3wman

Smash Master
:ike:
Get rid of Eruption.... Ike is not a flame swordsman.
Add in an energy based "sword wave" projectile.
Add on minor healing based on damage dealt with Aether. Perhaps a 30% chance per hit of 1% healing would work.

:marth:
Implement the Fire Emblem, which in one of the old FE's allowed him to open chests and stuff like that, in his moveset somehow.... perhaps as a stealing type special.

:roymelee:
Bring him back lol....
And don't make him a Marth clone... its not hard to make something remotely unique.

:metaknight:
NERF HIM!!!
Don't be biased! :mad:

Top Bottom