• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Hitboxes - HARDCORE DOTS EDITION

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Duck .. .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Get-up Attack .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
Jab .. .. Fox ...... ..... Link ..... ..... Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Roll .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... Pika Samus .....
Shield Jump CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Dash Attack CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Grab CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
BThrow .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... Mario .... .... ..... .....
Dtilt CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Ftilt CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Utilt CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
DSmash CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link ..... ..... Ness Pika ..... .....
FSmash CF DK ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... .... Pika ..... .....
FSmash (high) CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
FSmash (low) CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
UpSmash CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Bair CF DK Fox ...... Kirby .... Luigi ..... .... Pika ..... .....
Dair CF DK ... ...... Kirby Link ..... ..... Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
No cancel Dair .. .. ... Jiggly ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Fair CF .. ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... .... Pika ..... .....
Nair CF .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... Pika Samus .....
No cancel Nair .. .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Uair CF .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... Ness Pika Samus .....
No cancel Uair .. .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
DJC Uair .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
B CF DK Fox ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... Pika ..... .....
DownB .. DK Fox Jiggly ..... .... ..... ..... .... Pika Samus .....
DownB Air .. .. ... ...... ..... .... Luigi Mario .... .... ..... .....
DownB Ground .. .. ... ...... ..... .... Luigi Mario .... .... ..... .....
DownB initial .. .. Fox Jiggly ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
UpB CF .. Fox Jiggly Kirby .... Luigi Mario .... Pika Samus Yoshi
UpB Air .. DK ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
UpB Ground .. DK ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
UpB initial .. .. ... ...... ..... .... Luigi ..... .... .... ..... .....

Sangoku

Smash Master
Would be even more awesome if Fireblaster told me how he made the gifs so I could continue the work... And so awesome that I wouldn't even dream of: applying the hitbox mode to the ROM so I could use it with Mupen and play it frame by frame (and maybe eventually have something similar to "Frame Display" for the American version).

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Sangoku, what do you need to know about making the GIFs? Record hitbox mode to a video, cut the video, convert it to a GIF, crop.

EDIT: Also, DK's dash attack hitbox/hurtboxes make me cry with laughter.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Sangoku, what do you need to know about making the GIFs? Record hitbox mode to a video, cut the video, convert it to a GIF, crop.
1) How to record? Directly or using kaillera record option?
2) How to edit the video? Which software?
3) How to convert into GIF? Which software?
4) How to make the attacks so slow?

Basically, what I'm saying is I know how to make these GIFs, but I thought Fireblaster probably had an efficient method and knew which programs would be the fastest to use at each point.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
There would be no point in using the Kaillera record option, since that just gives an input playback file and you would still have to record that to a video. You can use any software you feel comfortable with for cutting the video, but the simplest way to do it would just be using a video player to get the start and end time codes and then splitting it with ffmpeg.

http://www.ffmpeg.org
The command line to split a video without re-encoding (same quality) is
Code:
ffmpeg -ss [start_time] -t [duration] -i [input_file] -acodec copy -vcodec copy [output_file]
If you don't want to use ffmpeg or feel more comfortable dragging bars on a timeline, then just use some video editing software to cut them. Come to think of it, if you record only each animation and stop recording right away, you might not need to cut the video... The main reason to do it is file size: you don't want to be editing a really long GIF because it will strain your RAM.

There aren't a whole lot of great options for converting to GIF, so you'd have to find a program that works for you. Rather than digging through the loads of garbage freemiumware out there, you might just want to use GIMP, which iirc has an animation plugin that can work with videos. Just Google "video to GIF GIMP" or whatever.

It's up to you whether you want to do things like crop/resize/slow down the animation before or after you make it a GIF. Both are easier after imo, but GIFs are a clunky filetype and trying to crop a really big GIF can put some stress on your RAM. If you want to do it to the video before converting, you'd need to use something like Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas.

Slowing down the animation, specifically, though, is really easy to do with a GIF. You just make each frame duration longer.

Hope some of that helped.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as cropping goes... Some screen recording utilities do let you specify an area of the screen to record, so you could basically fit that around the space where the character is going to be attacking and then you wouldn't have to crop the video afterward. That would only work for static attacks, however.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Duck .. .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Get-up Attack .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
Jab .. .. Fox ...... ..... Link ..... ..... Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Roll .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... Pika Samus .....
Shield Jump CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Dash Attack CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Grab CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
BThrow .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... Mario .... .... ..... .....
Dtilt CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Ftilt CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Utilt CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link Luigi Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
DSmash CF DK Fox Jiggly Kirby Link ..... ..... Ness Pika ..... .....
FSmash CF DK ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... .... Pika ..... .....
FSmash (high) CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
FSmash (low) CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
UpSmash CF .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... Mario Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
Bair CF DK Fox ...... Kirby .... Luigi ..... .... Pika ..... .....
Dair CF DK ... ...... Kirby Link ..... ..... Ness Pika Samus Yoshi
No cancel Dair .. .. ... Jiggly ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Fair CF .. ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... .... Pika ..... .....
Nair CF .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... Pika Samus .....
No cancel Nair .. .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
Uair CF .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... Ness Pika Samus .....
No cancel Uair .. .. ... ...... Kirby .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
DJC Uair .. .. ... ...... ..... .... ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
B CF DK Fox ...... ..... .... ..... ..... .... Pika ..... .....
DownB .. DK Fox Jiggly ..... .... ..... ..... .... Pika Samus .....
DownB Air .. .. ... ...... ..... .... Luigi Mario .... .... ..... .....
DownB Ground .. .. ... ...... ..... .... Luigi Mario .... .... ..... .....
DownB initial .. .. Fox Jiggly ..... .... ..... ..... .... .... ..... .....
UpB CF .. Fox Jiggly Kirby .... Luigi Mario .... Pika Samus Yoshi
UpB Air .. DK ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
UpB Ground .. DK ... ...... ..... Link ..... ..... Ness .... ..... .....
UpB initial .. .. ... ...... ..... .... Luigi ..... .... .... ..... .....

could this be posted as the OP? is it messed up for everyone?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Since this thread is still active I've decided to come back to this thing to try to finish it, maybe because I'm a masochist by contributing to communities where I'm generally hated. So I will offer two options:

1) Finish the entire table with better quality GIF's moving at consistent speeds.

Or

2) Replace all the image files in the "Frame display" program that Sangoku mentioned with hitbox images from the american version. Doing this would take longer and the images would only be on break the targets (Unless somebody knows of a way to enable hitboxes on dreamland).

DMoogle

A$
I don't hate you Fireblaster. Thanks for your work on this, I refer to it sometimes (particularly when I remind myself just how insane Kirby's up-tilt is).

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Since this thread is still active I've decided to come back to this thing to try to finish it, maybe because I'm a masochist by contributing to communities where I'm generally hated. So I will offer two options:

1) Finish the entire table with better quality GIF's moving at consistent speeds.

Or

2) Replace all the image files in the "Frame display" program that Sangoku mentioned with hitbox images from the american version. Doing this would take longer and the images would only be on break the targets (Unless somebody knows of a way to enable hitboxes on dreamland).
You aren't generally hated, only on steam,.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
You aren't generally hated, only on steam,.

Nooo I'm pretty sure I remember a good chunk of this forum being open about their sentiments against me. I didn't just stop playing 2 years ago for no reason.

Anyways you guys gotta let me know what you'd prefer, whether you want me to replace all the images in that program or to just finish the GIF table. Personally I'd rather finish the table since it won't take nearly as long as the other option and from my experience it's easier to access any move faster through the table on this thread.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
All kidding aside, glad to see you back to the community. I would say to finish the table as Smashboards format will hopefully not change again in 11 years

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot, I might try all that. It would be easier if there was a team on this (like one person per character or something).
I wouldn't mind putting in work on this. I just need to know how/where to get the ability to view hitboxes on BtT. Is it built into the gameshark codes or what?

I have After Effects and Photoshop on my laptop, as well as GIMP and other video/image software.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
[

Or

option 1. please GIFMASTER

XKCP

Smash Journeyman

That's what I managed to put together tonight. I wanted to put a frame counter (especially because I put a 20 frame buffer on both sides of the move, it being 49 frames) but I was having difficulty implementing one how I wanted. I'm a little rusty. I can easily crop them and all sorts of other simple stuff though so any input is appreciated.

EDIT: I may have an easy way to add a frame counter via simple expressions. I hope it works, but I'll try it out tomorrow.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Roll: Fox

UpSmash: Fox

Nair: Ness

Uair: Fox

Bair: Ness

Fair: Fox

Dair: Fox

Fsmash: Ness

Shine-Jab: Fox
Note: Shine into Jab is only as fast as you can pull it off. Probably can be done faster. Jab is 17 frames, so the jump into shine is about 8 frames (since I start at 0) and it took me about 5 frames to press A.

I put the counter in there now. I don't think it needs to be any faster (0.1 delay on all frames in GIF), but I can make changes easily. I'm saving all my files.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Added/Fixed:
  • Fox Uair
  • Fox Fair
  • Fox Bair
Also cleaned up the table a little bit and will clean it up a little bit every time so it's easier to find a move quickly, which is what the purpose of this table should be. Therefore because this forum sucks and lacks a table function, I will do all of falcon's stuff first so I can organize all those dots in order.

Oh and one more thing. I've been told that some images that work perfectly fine for me do not work for others. So if I could use your help, I will gladly replace any images that don't work for people with new ones. So let me know which ones don't work and I'll replace them. Otherwise I'll just assume they're fine and don't need fixing.

Madao

I might work on a few. Is there any reason why you guys prefer Dream Land for recording?

Also I think it would be a good idea to replace all the image files in the Frame display program. My main issue though is how big these image files are. So I gotta find ways to reduce the file size and a way to zoom in on the camera.

Anyone even download that frame display program?

Sangoku

Smash Master
No particular reason for Dreamland except that it's the stage where we mostly play.

Concerning the Frame Display program, the goal was to make screenshots of each frame of an attack so it can be played either as a little film or more slowly and paused whenever. That's the way the Japanese players did it I believe since in the program folder, there are all the screenshots. They made it for both hitbox mode and normal mode so you could switch between the two and in between (by varying the degree of transparency of each). In mupen it shouldn't be too long since it would be alternating between the screenshot key and frame advance key. Maybe we could even have a macro do this? The real brake (as I said multiple times) is having the hitbox mode in mupen...

Madao

No particular reason for Dreamland except that it's the stage where we mostly play.

Concerning the Frame Display program, the goal was to make screenshots of each frame of an attack so it can be played either as a little film or more slowly and paused whenever. That's the way the Japanese players did it I believe since in the program folder, there are all the screenshots. They made it for both hitbox mode and normal mode so you could switch between the two and in between (by varying the degree of transparency of each). In mupen it shouldn't be too long since it would be alternating between the screenshot key and frame advance key. Maybe we could even have a macro do this? The real brake (as I said multiple times) is having the hitbox mode in mupen...
So which would be better to do, GIF or just seperate images?

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
New PRETTY version of hitbox table!

http://www.ssb64.com/hitbox

Deads gifs have been removed, but there weren't actually that many. Imageshack is just really unreliable and links will randomly go offline for 5 minutes. I'm working on moving everything over to minus and imgur, which are much better.

Plans for the future:
1) Move all gifs to minus
2) Allow TRUSTED third parties to add new GIFs
3) Add functions to pause and to move ahead frame by frame (pipedream. requires a lot of work u_u)

Sangoku

Smash Master
3) That wouldn't work since the GIFs aren't done frame by frame.

Why not just try to finish Madao's Frame Display which would be far superior that those GIFs? I still think that if everyone took one char and did their full moveset it wouldn't take that long (I know I said I'd do Yoshi and still haven't done it though >_>).

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
New PRETTY version of hitbox table!

http://www.ssb64.com/hitbox

Deads gifs have been removed, but there weren't actually that many. Imageshack is just really unreliable and links will randomly go offline for 5 minutes. I'm working on moving everything over to minus and imgur, which are much better.

Plans for the future:
1) Move all gifs to minus
2) Allow TRUSTED third parties to add new GIFs
3) Add functions to pause and to move ahead frame by frame (pipedream. requires a lot of work u_u)

I like that one http://www.ssb64.com

Top Bottom