• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
They'll probably just shrink the character boxes slightly in order to fit another row...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I want to see it.

XD

THE FULL EXPERIENCE.
The two blank spots are for characters I don't have an icon for, Elma from Xenoblade X & Kamui/Corrin (Fire Emblem 14/IF/Fates)

99 character slots + Random, 103 characters (because I want a Miigician class for Mii Fighters)

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

THE FULL EXPERIENCE.
The two blank spots are for characters I don't have an icon for, Elma from Xenoblade X & Kamui/Corrin (Fire Emblem 14/IF/Fates)

99 character slots + Random, 103 characters (because I want a Miigician class for Mii Fighters)
9/10 because Bandana Dee, needs more:

and

Pakky

Smash Hero

THE FULL EXPERIENCE.

CAPTAIN SYRUP :DDDDDDDDDDDD

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Wolf tomorrow?
Highly doubt it. Everyone expected something along with Roy and Ryu on Sunday, and expectations rose again with the Digital Event on Tuesday but people were really let down... So I don't think it's a good idea to set ourselves up to get disappointed again. Keep your expectations low; if Wolf is confirmed soon, great. If not, oh well.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Highly doubt it. Everyone expected something along with Roy and Ryu on Sunday, and expectations rose again with the Digital Event on Tuesday but people were really let down... So I don't think it's a good idea to set ourselves up to get disappointed again. Keep your expectations low; if Wolf is confirmed soon, great. If not, oh well.
Sadly yeah I understand. There is supposed to be a new game tomorrow, so that's something .

Burruni

Smash Hero
Realtalk

Can someone give me the big points of today's news for any expansions for Nintendo's stuff?

All I know is Metroid Hunter Frontier will have Samus and Metroids appear

Pakky

Smash Hero
Realtalk

Can someone give me the big points of today's news for any expansions for Nintendo's stuff?

All I know is Metroid Hunter Frontier will have Samus and Metroids appear
Well there was a F-Zero-like racer, and there is supposed to be new game reveal tomorrow. Other than that nothing really new to report.

StormC

Smash Hero
September?
Directs are bimonthly so probably not.

I suspect they'll want to stretch out the release of the last two Marios until they can have a ballot character ready to go (summer 2016ish is my guess). So Wolf in the fall and Chorus Kids/whoever in late winter/spring.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Directs are bimonthly so probably not.

I suspect they'll want to stretch out the release of the last two Marios until they can have a ballot character ready to go (summer 2016ish is my guess). So Wolf in the fall and Chorus Kids/whoever in late winter/spring.
Alright then, that sounds reasonable.

StormC

Smash Hero
Current DLC predictions!

October: Mario 5 (Guess: Wolf)
February: Mario 6 (Guess: Chorus Kids)
June: Ballot 1 (Guess: K. Rool*)
October: Ballot 2 (Guess: Isaac)

*Possibly accompanied by clone Dixie.

Watch me be proven wrong come August.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Current DLC predictions!

October: Mario 5 (Guess: Wolf)
February: Mario 6 (Guess: Chorus Kids)
June: Ballot 1 (Guess: K. Rool*)
October: Ballot 2 (Guess: Isaac)

*Possibly accompanied by clone Dixie.

Watch me be proven wrong come August.
I'm with you on that she could be Luigi-ed but my pessimism keeps me from believing this.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Current DLC Predictions

August: Wolf

October: Mario 6 Newcomer (Rhythm Heaven)

December: Ballot 1 (K. Rool)

February: Ballot 2 (Inklings?)

April: Ballot 3, the anniversary of Smash DLC. (Isaac?)

June: A final Smash direct to close how Sakurai feels about his work with the series and/or Ballot 4+5 (Bandana Dee + Dixie)

D

Deleted member

I am currently sticking with my prediction of Wolf and King K. Rool.

But what would be interesting is if the remaining two are pre-preplanned characters. Wolf should be among them but the last one is bound to surprise us.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Interesting read from GAF:

2 seems like the magic number.
This line of reasoning doesn't really work.

We're already full as it is. Plus we found DLC arrows for the character selection screen.

They are at least prepared to go on to two pages if they deem it necessary.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think it's neat, personally. It's a way to show what the final game looked like, then you have a page of content that is the equivalent of people being fashionably late to a party. It'll be cool to have a page exclusively of DLC characters to look at together.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'd actually quite like a way to customise the css so you could choose who you want at the front.

Hell, I'm never personally going to play as Falco or Game and Watch, and no-one but me is playing my 3DS, so it'd be more beneficial for me to shove em on the second page should I play the DLC characters more.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

THE FULL EXPERIENCE.

4/10 nobody puts Daisy on their dream character slots.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Or... another page.
What happened to the arrows that were discovered in the 3DS files waaay back? Were they ever actually used in the main game till now? If not, then yeah they probably have thought about the idea of dividing the css into pages.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So if Dark Samus is now permadead, that removes her/it from fighter status unless she/it proves to remain highly popular. I highly doubt Anthony would be a legitimate pick, which narrows any potential Metroid newcomers down to...Ridley and Sylux. Hopefully both, but probably not. :p
Don't count Anthony out yet. Federation Forces might give him another role, similar to how Other M heavily featured Adam Malkovich. And don't forget the Federation Trooper either. The fact we have another playable character in the Metroid franchise shouldn't be so quickly overlooked. You know what happened before. :4zss:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Don't count Anthony out yet. Federation Forces might give him another role, similar to how Other M heavily featured Adam Malkovich. And don't forget the Federation Trooper either. The fact we have another playable character in the Metroid franchise shouldn't be so quickly overlooked. You know what happened before. :4zss:
Putting aside my bewilderment at your love for Anthony, I think it has been made pretty clear now that the Metroid Prime series exists in a separate continuity from the rest.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Putting aside my bewilderment at your love for Anthony, I think it has been made pretty clear now that the Metroid Prime series exists in a separate continuity from the rest.
And why is that?

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
And why is that?
...You HAVE played the games, right?
Well, whatever. Other M has Samus claiming that it involves her first mission with the federation since she quit them, which makes it obvious Sakamoto did not have the series in mind when he was writing the story since it directly contradicts Corruption. It's no secret that Sakamoto doesn't have much involvement in the Prime games and a recent interview (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/1...s-a-new-game-would-have-to-be-on-nintendo-nx/) further cements that. As of now, Anthony does not exist in the Prime continuity
Besides this, something tells me Tanabe will want to distance future Prime games from Other M.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...You HAVE played the games, right?
Well, whatever. Other M has Samus claiming that it involves her first mission with the federation since she quit them, which makes it obvious Sakamoto did not have the series in mind when he was writing the story since it directly contradicts Corruption. It's no secret that Sakamoto doesn't have much involvement in the Prime games and a recent interview (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/1...s-a-new-game-would-have-to-be-on-nintendo-nx/) further cements that. As of now, Anthony does not exist in the Prime continuity
Besides this, something tells me Tanabe will want to distance future Prime games from Other M.
Then I don't even get why they made Other M in the first place, or didn't connect it with the Prime series. It has been a long time since I played either Prime 1 or 3, so Other M is still the most fresh Metroid game on my mind. I didn't even think the game was all that bad cause the gameplay itself was fun I thought. I definitely hope that they could ever make a new game with it's engine.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Then I don't even get why they made Other M in the first place, or didn't connect it with the Prime series. It has been a long time since I played either Prime 1 or 3, so Other M is still the most fresh Metroid game on my mind. I didn't even think the game was all that bad cause the gameplay itself was fun I thought. I definitely hope that they could ever make a new game with it's engine.
The reason seems to be that Sakamoto wanted to take back control. Other M was his way of sealing his vision of Samus and the series as ultimate canon and distinguishing it from the games that he didn't have creative control over. At the very least I'm glad that Prime is now just a separate canonity rather than just being non-canon period.

On the topic of Metroid, has anyone every suggested MB as a potential newcomer? I hated Other M's story as much as the next person, but I thought she was the most interesting element with the most potential (but still unfulfilled). She would be the closest thing possible to a playable Mother Brain (being a normal sized humanoid), and therefore the next best Metroid villain after Ridley or Dark Samus.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
As far as non-Ridley / Dark Samus Metroid villains go, I'd still rather have Sylux.

At the very least, if the hypothetical new game will expand on his character, he could be very interesting.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well well well

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

Sooooo.........
That ship at the ending of prime 3 may have indeed have ben sylux's ship.

And
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/metroi...-in-metroid-federation-force-more-details-rev

Samus is going to make a appearance in FF

do you realize what might happen here

Sylux may become more likely than ridley and anothny higgs for playable

And if in FF as a boss he may be smash 4 dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom