• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm still betting that Wolf will be next provided that they continue with releasing cut veterans for Dee-El-See.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I think people are overrating the odds personally. The timing is way off for Inklings as Smash 4 DLC to be able to properly promote Splatoon. They'd have to have started Inklings months ago and plan to release them within a month or two of release, and based on what we have right now, that's incredibly unlikely.
It's perfectly possible to promote a game post-release, it's not like the game suddenly disappears off of store shelves. And based on what's been said about the game:

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggi...tion-shooters-what-mario-kart-did-for-racing/

It would seem like Nintendo's planning on making this into a recurring series, so it would make sense to promote it in any way they can.

And that's just assuming the Inklings would be added for promotional purposes alone, which is highly doubtful. They've got moveset potential, they've got a bunch of people asking for them, and they are about as relevant as you can get.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Since I have to get more used in to Photoshop, I'm planning on making more support posters in the future. Daisy and Ayumi are my top priorities for now while Banjo and Medusa can be done at a later date. Anyone else have ideas of future "Vote for X" images?
Usopp krystal would be nice of you, just the same for isaac, wolf, yknow the front runners. Take your time tho, no rush.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Usopp krystal would be nice of you, just the same for isaac, wolf, yknow the front runners. Take your time tho, no rush.
That should be easy since these are also characters that many are anxious for (Plus Wolf is my preferred clone over Falco).

No worries, I will have to take my time regardless since these have to look as clean as possible (Plus fancy slogans for each character).

Maxilian

Smash Ace
That was a nice time off, pretty bleak, but short.

Anyway, as far as DLC goes I think if any more comes, it's Wolf, Krystal, Lucas, Dixie Kong, Sceptile, Micaiah, and maybe Toon Zelda
I don't think we will get 2 Starfox character, we may get Wolf back or get Krystal but not both (at least i don't think so)

Note: I want to vote for Ghirahim but i feel like that vote is just going to end up in the trash D:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't think we will get 2 Starfox character, we may get Wolf back or get Krystal but not both (at least i don't think so)
Was it really that necessary to quote a really old post like that?

As such, I think StarFox deserves four representatives just fine. It's just a matter of time until we find out for sure.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pakky in the house, I voted for the space pirate and now I'm on a different computer at school so, King K has my second vote

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still hopeful for Impa as she's the most requested Zelda character still...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Have you guys looked at the official site recently? When the characters were all revealed those squares disappeared. I'm certain of it. Now though...

Screen Shot 2015-04-06 at 12.09.00 PM.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That just means there's more to come. I doubt it means five specifically.

Though six DLC characters wouldn't be that crazy, though I personally think there will be more than that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think they'll do a ballot for just one or two total new characters. And especially don't keep it running till October. I think we might see quite a few fan-favorites as new additions! And our King is currently one of, if not THE biggest contender, and I couldn't be happier about it!

Noticing now this isn't the K.Rool thread, am equally happy for Isaac, and the actual possibility of Banjo-Kazooie as well!

I still will vote for Dixie and Impa out of loyality though. With that being said... I will do a Impa vote now.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Lucas, Wolf, and three newcomers. Seems legit. Out of the newcomers, Inklings probably usurp a spot by default, so there are maybe two spots up for grabs here.

In terms of ballots, vote quantity isn't going to determine the winner(s) alone, since no way would Nintendo commit to adding in Goku, Shrek, or some random indie character if they somehow ended up winning. That being said, I imagine they'll take either the Top X number of requests (15? 20?) or all characters who passed a certain threshold of votes (however many thousand) and consider those.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas, Wolf, and three newcomers. Seems legit. Out of the newcomers, Inklings probably usurp a spot by default, so there are maybe two spots up for grabs here.

In terms of ballots, vote quantity isn't going to determine the winner(s) alone, since no way would Nintendo commit to adding in Goku, Shrek, or some random indie character if they somehow ended up winning. That being said, I imagine they'll take either the Top X number of requests (15? 20?) or all characters who passed a certain threshold of votes (however many thousand) and consider those.
I think that Sakurai very well might've had some plans for certain characters, and the ballot serves simply for which characters he will give priority over others. Isaac and K.Rool are therefore top contenders now. But I also see them adding in more veterans, and more clones, semi-clones, or alts as characters to fill up a lot of content. Which is why I still think Dixie and Impa are likely.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Am still hopeful for Impa as she's the most requested Zelda character still...
Mr. Impa! I remember your support during speculation. I'm still hoping for Vaati, but Impa or Classic Ganon would be my next vote.

However, I don't really see much support for her anymore. Then again, I haven't really looked.
They're probably just placeholders, not guarantees that we're getting 4 DLC characters post-Lucas. Wishful thinking, though. I would certainly like 4 characters.
I agree with you and I also believe that we could indeed get 4 DLC characters. Contrary to what I previously believed.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hahah many people remember me from those days it seems. It's a good thing that the apperant popularity of Impa now doesn't stem from my "propaganda" as people liked to call it here though! She's in the Top 25 currently, as the highest ranking Zelda character, so the notion that she should be the first to include in line for the Zelda series is at least there! However, she's far from people's "absolute most wanted", and that's where this ballot serves for... I myself am even guilty of this! As yes, I prefer both King K.Rool and Isaac over Impa. And if K.Rool is 100% ruled out somehow, I'd still prefer Dixie over Impa to honestly... And now that Banjo-Kazooie is actually possible I find my want for Impa somewhat lowering... But she'd still make my day if she where to be included!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Have you guys looked at the official site recently? When the characters were all revealed those squares disappeared. I'm certain of it. Now though...

View attachment 46237
The squares being back surely mean we're onto more character reveals. I doesn't mean we'll get exactly 5 characters, as that number of spots can vary per device and resolution.

I hope people don't look to that as more than just "we're getting more characters".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like this post if you think Sakurai already has quite a few characters selected, even without looking at the ballot.

#FreeLikes
#SWFgood
#girl
#nofilter
#ILoveHorses
#SakuraiIsUberTrollTier

D

Deleted member

The squares being back surely mean we're onto more character reveals. I doesn't mean we'll get exactly 5 characters, as that number of spots can vary per device and resolution.

I hope people don't look to that as more than just "we're getting more characters".
There's actually an interesting connection between the main website and the mobile version if you're willing to hear in a PM.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I showed the Simon Belmont post to the Castlevania Facebook group. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom