• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am not gonna vote for Inkling even though I want Inkling in Smash simply because I am very positive Nintendo actually wants Inkling in Smash regardless of the amount of votes they get. Nintendo is heavily promoting the hell out of Splatoon. It is a new IP and yet it got three amiibos (my boyfriend pre-ordered them for me :awesome:). They will get in as SSB4 DLC or SSB5 for sure. I ain't worried about them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
*shrugs*
Well, we learned something new from it I guess...

Plus, isn't that the way it is in the real world as well? :troll:
I guess I shouldn't be complaining considering I'm hardly playing by the rules in voting for Isaac on the poll that actually matters. :p

I am not gonna vote for Inkling even though I want Inkling in Smash simply because I am very positive Nintendo actually wants Inkling in Smash regardless of the amount of votes they get. Nintendo is heavily promoting the hell out of Splatoon. It is a new IP and yet it got three amiibos (my boyfriend pre-ordered them for me :awesome:). They will get in as SSB4 DLC or SSB5 for sure. I ain't worried about them.
Great, now you can vote for Isaac! :troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think they're as likely as everyone thinks, honestly, and I don't really want them in anyway. Unless they're almost done I do not see them as DLC because it wouldn't help for them to get into the game six months later; they'd need to be available within the next couple months for them to properly promote Splatoon.

The only character we can have confidence of getting in is Wolf.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There is a little something all three of the current Smash 4 third party characters have in common. See below.

Interesting, huh?

....I'm just going to leave this here now.

(#VoteBomber)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All bot abuse will do is make it to where Nintendo never does anything like this again. People are completely missing the point of this ballot. *shrug*

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Do people that vote multiple times for a character just not have confidence in the character getting enough votes, or are they just overly enthusiastic about the character getting in and go overboard with the voting?

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Do people that vote multiple times for a character just not have confidence in the character getting enough votes, or are they just overly enthusiastic about the character getting in and go overboard with the voting?
Probably for a majority of them, yes. I was talking to one of my friends who voted for Crash Bandicoot repeatedly, and he said that the reason he did that was because he had multiple well-thought-out reasons as to why Crash should be in Smash, and he couldn't fit all of them in 500 characters. So he made multiple votes with each one having a separate, developed reason. That means that some of them, most likely a minority, are being strategic.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Probably for a majority of them, yes. I was talking to one of my friends who voted for Crash Bandicoot repeatedly, and he said that the reason he did that was because he had multiple well-thought-out reasons as to why Crash should be in Smash, and he couldn't fit all of them in 500 characters. So he made multiple votes with each one having a separate, developed reason. That means that some of them, most likely a minority, are being strategic.
even with this....I wouldn't do it.

Look, I'm EXTREMELY EXHAUSTIVE. If you want, I could type you a very long essay about anything Paper Mario and you'll be surprised of the length of the wall.

And even with this, I got it to 500 characters and felt I told everything I had to.

So, eith effort, everyone can explain in 500 charcaters, they might have done that for the effort required btw....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bit of both.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Okay, I came up with 27 reasons why (character name) won't make it into Smash. Let me know if I missed any.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
All bot abuse will do is make it to where Nintendo never does anything like this again. People are completely missing the point of this ballot. *shrug*
They had way too much faith in humanity if they hadn't foreseen this.

:231:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Okay, I came up with 27 reasons why (character name) won't make it into Smash. Let me know if I missed any.
Look at all the made up rules that the Smash community has created!

Not hating on you, but I find it funny how so many guidelines become gospel, even though they don't have any official sources.

For example, remember how people said it was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for :4darkpit: to be a character, because he was shown at the end of Palutena's trailer without a tagline? Because Sakurai had never revealed a newcomer without a tagline, so that means he wouldn't reveal a newcomer without a tagline.

Not saying that the entire list is false, several are true and more are probably true, but several are only credible simply because they haven't happened yet, not because they can't happen.

That's it! I'm going to find another IP address and vote for Roy! I can't stand to put him through anymore misery!

:joyful:

Srsly though, I want Roy back.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Not hating on you, but I find it funny how so many guidelines become gospel, even though they don't have any official sources.

For example, remember how people said it was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for :4darkpit: to be a character, because he was shown at the end of Palutena's trailer without a tagline? Because Sakurai had never revealed a newcomer without a tagline, so that means he wouldn't reveal a newcomer without a tagline.

Not saying that the entire list is false, several are true and more are probably true, but several are only credible simply because they haven't happened yet, not because they can't happen.

That's it! I'm going to find another IP address and vote for Roy! I can't stand to put him through anymore misery!

I hope you noticed Snake snuck back in with Mewtwo and Lucas. Look at the banner.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

The Smash community has some of the feverish fans out there! Reading character speculation can be really redundant, so I made a list to show everyone how often we go in circles. I can get official sources for most of these, but there are some "rules" that are pure speculation. But that doesn't mean we'll never get characters the break those rules, as the Villager was originally shot down because of his lack of "fighting spirit".

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

now when we think about it, since the trailers was started early, it might been that dark pit was suppose to be an alt for Pit (which was the plan all along), but until the trailer was released and they wanted to move dark pit to his own slot, it was too late to change the trailer D: xD

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
now when we think about it, since the trailers was started early, it might been that dark pit was suppose to be an alt for Pit (which was the plan all along), but until the trailer was released and they wanted to move dark pit to his own slot, it was too late to change the trailer D: xD
Possibly, but that's just a theory. Really depends on when Dark Pit was changed into his own character.

And that doesn't actually change my point in any way. Hindsight is 20/20, if a rule that people thought was true is broken, they will immediately backtrack claiming "It was obvious that this wasn't actually the case" :p

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And this thread got totally lost in my Alerts, found it right now.

So what did I miss?

Who's the top voted character in here?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
And this thread got totally lost in my Alerts, found it right now.

So what did I miss?

Who's the top voted character in here?
King K Rool and Isaac are doing best by most indications. Banjo hype is catching up. Wonder Red, Dixie, Inkling, Krystal aren't doing too badly either. Don't know about Bayonetta. Not sure if anyone is actually voting for Wolf here as a lot seem to feel he is a lock already.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure a decent amount are voting for Wolf, but I do agree that Wolf's support does -seem- to be lacking in this poll specifically. Since there is nothing keeping Wolf out at this point, though, odds are Wolf is already in, but if the odds end up getting stacked against us it could be bad for Wolf. I highly doubt its the case at all, though.

For other characters, Indies like Shovel Knight and Shantae seem decently popular, but due to a lack of Japanese support I don't think they'll get as far as people keep saying. Also, I don't really see that many people saying they're voting for Inklings, I just keep seeing people say they're the most viable options. Granted this is on several sites I frequent.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm sure a decent amount are voting for Wolf, but I do agree that Wolf's support does -seem- to be lacking in this poll specifically. Since there is nothing keeping Wolf out at this point, though, odds are Wolf is already in, but if the odds end up getting stacked against us it could be bad for Wolf. I highly doubt its the case at all, though.

For other characters, Indies like Shovel Knight and Shantae seem decently popular, but due to a lack of Japanese support I don't think they'll get as far as people keep saying. Also, I don't really see that many people saying they're voting for Inklings, I just keep seeing people say they're the most viable options. Granted this is on several sites I frequent.
Well I think that the Inklings might not be getting voted for as their case can be seen somewhat similar to Wolf. Now that DLC has been announced and Lucas (who is arguably less popular than Wolf) has come back, many are pegging Wolf as a definite DLC with or without votes.

Inkling is part of the new IP Splatoon which Nintendo is keen to push these days. Thus it is quite possible that Inklings might be seen as very likely DLC to promote Splatoon.

Plus Inkling amiibos have already been confirmed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well I think that the Inklings might not be getting voted for as their case can be seen somewhat similar to Wolf. Now that DLC has been announced and Lucas (who is arguably less popular than Wolf) has come back, many are pegging Wolf as a definite DLC with or without votes.

Inkling is part of the new IP Splatoon which Nintendo is keen to push these days. Thus it is quite possible that Inklings might be seen as very likely DLC to promote Splatoon.

Plus Inkling amiibos have already been confirmed.
I think people are overrating the odds personally. The timing is way off for Inklings as Smash 4 DLC to be able to properly promote Splatoon. They'd have to have started Inklings months ago and plan to release them within a month or two of release, and based on what we have right now, that's incredibly unlikely.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
As Jaidyn says, the Inkling wouldn't be added mostly based on advertisement since they would be added to Smash a fair amount of time past May.

A character like Wolf would make much more sense since the new Star Fox is scheduled for this year and Wolf would potentially be released around the same time for promotional reasons.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since I have to get more used in to Photoshop, I'm planning on making more support posters in the future. Daisy and Ayumi are my top priorities for now while Banjo and Medusa can be done at a later date. Anyone else have ideas of future "Vote for X" images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom