• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

Results, new round is up
Banjo
W.Red
K.Rool

are my votes
I dont care for these things, they're filled with weird matchups, could they at least make characters in specific themes? Quote and Cooking Mama?!, Bandana Dee and Lanky?!,

Troykv

Smash Master
LOL? LANKY?

But he has no style
He has no grace
And Dedede already has the funny face

D

Deleted member

LOL? LANKY?

But he has no style
He has no grace
And Dedede already has the funny face
It's a meme. K.Rool is destroying him.

Cause he needs the other Kongs to beat him.

Also, Banjo and Isaac is neck to neck. Christ.

Quote and Paper Mario too.

EDIT:

HE HAS NO FANS
HE'S LOSING THE RACE
THIS KONG IS A ****ING DISGRACE

****ing lost it. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
It's a meme. K.Rool is destroying him.

Cause he needs the other Kongs to beat him.

Also, Banjo and Isaac is neck to neck. Christ.

Quote and Paper Mario too.
i voted for quote doubt he's gonna win though

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm still proud of Isaac (and his fans) for getting 47% of the vote, especially against a character that everyone is going nuts over at the moment.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I cast another vote for the Wandering Heroes! :awesome:

I also posted it on Twitter. Yes, I revived my Twitter account. :grin:

D

Deleted member

That's cuz this isn't two days ago.
Well duh! :p

I doubt Banjo woulda beaten Snake if it weren't for that tweet.

EDIT:
Also, that thread was bait. It was false, but the results are the same. OPs putting up the real new poll in a bit.

So disregard that last post.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac supporters should get their revenge on Banjo and support his opponent. just saying
Not me, Banjo is my second most wanted and I don't hold grudges.

Voted for Banjo Kazooie and King K Rool. I thought about voting for Quote to give Banjo Kazooie a better chance, but where would the fun be in that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lol

A VOTE FOR BANJO IS A VOTE FOR A STABLE FUTURE

A VOTE FOR THE BEAR WILL ASSURE YOU UNLIMITED HONEY SUPPLIES

A VOTE FOR THE DUO IS A VOTE AGAINST GRUNTY

VOTE FOR THE BEAR

YES

WE

CAN

this would be great for the Banjo thread here.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I voted Wonder Red myself. Honestly, I thought Banjo was going to curbstomp Isaac, but Isaac held his own very well. Some of the Kutthroats I know were voting Isaac because although they liked Banjo, they wanted to vote against Banjo as they felt Banjo was bigger competition to K. Rool (which I agree).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Wolf is a given, considering he was a cut character from Brawl and the new Star Fox release.

From there, I think the ballots will pretty much look at the top 10, and pick 3-4 to be DLC, the rest will be taken into consideration for Smash 5.

Remember, being the "most voted" doesn't mean ****. This isn't democracy, you're not voting for a character to get in, you're suggesting characters for Nintendo to see which DLC additions will make Nintendo the most money what characters people would like to see in Smash. So, your character could in theory be no.1, but for whatever reason Sakurai could decide to make charactes out of #s 7, 8, and 9 instead.

Granted, in certain cases I feel, such as Banjo, that if a character shows overwhelming support, that's just a pile of cash Nintendo won't be passing up.

EDIT:
Also, I can see Inkling being a DLC character regardless of anything. Promotional purposes, unique concept, game is a fresh IP, etc...

Just wait till Sakurai gets his hands on Splatoon like the rest of us, I can almost guarantee he'll be like "oh ****, I wanna make this into a character for Smash" and he'll likely be encouraged to do so as well. Not gonna lie, game looks hype as ****.
This guy gets it.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
COME ON TRUE BELIEVERS
DON'T LET A 1 GAME FLAVOR OF THE MONTH BEAT A TRUE ICON.
VOTE BANJO AND KAZOOIE.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't mind me, just shamelessly advertising a poorly made Photoshop "Vote for Takamaru" poster. Man, I really gotta practice in Photoshop more often to get the same quality images as @TheNerdyOne_. :urg:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It would be nice to know the actual amounts of votes for the particular characters. But as @ManlySpirit said, it's not a winner takes all poll. It's "who gets a lot of votes and garners interest for Smash fans?". A good handful of characters can manage that methinks.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What the hell is this Viewtiful Joe beating Brash and Squawks for.
King K Rool fans are afraid.

It's not about who you want in any given vote it's more like "I want THIS character and I'm going to vote in a way that fits my agenda."

D

Deleted member

What the hell is this Viewtiful Joe beating Brash and Squawks for.
People rig the votes, apparently if you go to your phone, and turn Airplane mode on and off it resets your phone's IP.

Good to know for Nintendo's ballots.

But yeah, that's how WRed is winning, a dedicated few are just spamming votes to take the lead.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People rig the votes, apparently if you go to your phone, and turn Airplane mode on and off it resets your phone's IP.

Good to know for Nintendo's ballots.

But yeah, that's how WRed is winning, a dedicated few are just spamming votes to take the lead.
4chan: where cheaters always prosper. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom