• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's been a pleasure. :)

@ Raijinken Raijinken mentioned the Japanese included a phrase saying something like "New Fighter." Rai, can you take it from here?
If my translation is right (might not be, I'm only minoring in the language, nowhere near native or fluent), it just says that during the broadcast they'll be showing off new characters and modes, which I assume will consist of showing confirmed newcomers in Smash Run and other new modes, rather than showing us a new fighter.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I have video game design, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting the game when I'm at school, especially since I got the wifi password all ready

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is debating about wolf and here I am hoping for a Slippy clone of captain falcon.

Instead of a fiery red falcon punch, Slippy has a fiery green frog punch.

"Slippppppy Paaawncccch!"

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Cherished Smash Memories?

Kirby has always been my go-to character at the start of each Smash. I even picked him on my first go at the 3DS demo.
In the original, I remember finding Ness and our good Captain, I've stuck with the three of them since.
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:

Contrary to most people, Melee didn't do much for me. Ganondorf would have been the most hype character ever had he not been a clone of someone I already mained. Though Mr. Game & Watch is still one of my most favorite additions.
:gawmelee::nessmelee::kirbymelee::falconmelee::linkmelee:

Brawl is my favorite, because it added so many amazing characters. Finally, Meta Knight! Dedede! I grew to love Olimar and Snake, and they became my favorite characters of the bunch. It was truly a roster with no bad characters in my eyes.
:olimar::gw::ness2::dedede::kirby2::metaknight::falcon::link2::snake:
Now we come upon the handheld iteration of the newest in the franchise. Pac-Man is the only new addition that made me excited initially, but now I'm excitedly waiting for four new mains! But this game may be the first time that I lose a main by way of Snake. I may have really wanted to see other characters as well, but this game will be amazing even without them.
:4pacman::4olimar::gw::ness2::4palutena::4dedede::4kirby::4metaknight::4robinf::4falcon::4link::4shulk::snake:?​
I can only hope for good things in the future... and a "Kept you waiting, huh?"

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
on another note, Nintendo has posted this(from the official smash bros facebook page):
"We will be sharing new information about Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS on Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ The Treehouse! Don’t miss it!"

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
on another note, Nintendo has posted this(from the official smash bros facebook page):
"We will be sharing new information about Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS on Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ The Treehouse! Don’t miss it!"
It's happening, guys. It's happening.

Do you think we'll see something new? Maybe it'll be the same demo Zipzo played this weekend in Japan, only in English...

But, if it's 8 hours worth of live content, I'm expecting at least a Wii U release date and at least one unannounced character.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Do you think we'll see something new? Maybe it'll be the same demo Zipzo played this weekend in Japan, only in English...

But, if it's 8 hours worth of live content, I'm expecting at least a Wii U release date and at least one unannounced character.
maybe we get some bowser jr. :3

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

I think it's the same demo Zipzo had, only played by worse and infinitely more annoying players. I don't expect anything new outta this. At best, it's stuff we've already heard. :079:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just tough about it, but is the mario palette swap/alt are known?

Because I could finally stop to see the dumb argument of Paper Mario being an alt...

Yes, i heard it at least 5 times and it's even worse than the most used: clone which I can explain why it wouldn't make sense especially now for multiple reasons.

About smash memories...

I remember when I first touched SSBM.

I never tough it would completely change my view on video games. It changed so much that my life changed for the good. I owe a lot to Sakurai for this.

Even without knowing English to read and not enough video game knowledge to know where was everything from (even including ganondorf), the sound and images became engraved in my head forever as long as this head lives. I can't describe how intense my nostalgia feeling are when listening to menu 1. This music means so much to me even to this day because it represented what I was about to discover: a global experience that is something that is never forgotten trough time. Even after more than 10 years, it never died and just booting the game makes me unfolds so much memories.

That's because I realised with this game that video games aren't just made to pass time: they are pure art. The proof of this is that since this time, every time I beat a game, my whole way of seeing them changed and got more and more accurate as I beat them. Some even made me react and view things differently.

They are made with a purpose in mind: make the player remembers its experience with reaction and unique design.

I would never be on this forum, manage a support thread and even enjoy TTYD, one of the best experience i lived if I never played ssbm.

MEMORY END.

That's actually why I love memory 1, it's so calm I'm becoming addicted :)

Spm = great ost.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I just tough about it, but is the mario palette swap/alt are known?

Because I could finally stop to see the dumb argument of Paper Mario being an alt...

Yes, i heard it at least 5 times and it's even worse than the most used: clone which I can explain why it wouldn't make sense especially now for multiple reasons.

About smash memories...

I remember when I first touched SSBM.

I never tough it would completely change my view on video games. It changed so much that my life changed for the good. I owe a lot to Sakurai for this.

Even without knowing English to read and not enough video game knowledge to know where was everything from (even including ganondorf), the sound and images became engraved in my head forever as long as this head lives. I can't describe how intense my nostalgia feeling are when listening to menu 1. This music means so much to me even to this day because it represented what I was about to discover: a global experience that is something that is never forgotten trough time. Even after more than 10 years, it never died and just booting the game makes me unfolds so much memories.

That's because I realised with this game that video games aren't just made to pass time: they are pure art. The proof of this is that since this time, every time I beat a game, my whole way of seeing them changed and got more and more accurate as I beat them. Some even made me react and view things differently.

They are made with a purpose in mind: make the player remembers its experience with reaction and unique design.

I would never be on this forum, manage a support thread and even enjoy TTYD, one of the best experience i lived.

MEMORY END.

That's actually why I love memory 1, it's so calm I'm becoming addicted :)

Spm = great ost.
Melee changed my life too, man. I was already a fan of certain Nintendo games, mostly Donkey Kong Country and Pokemon, but Smash Bros. came along and made me love the entire Nintendoverse.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think it's the same demo Zipzo had, only played by worse and infinitely more annoying players. I don't expect anything new outta this. At best, it's stuff we've already heard. :079:
Maybe they will have some of the unlockable characters?

I don't know why they would, but it's possible

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

I really wouldn't expect an announcement trailer. I really think they are trying to save some secret newcomers, just like brawl.

I think it'll be like the Japanese showcase . They'll be playing lots of matches.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Even if it's just a stream of that demo, I'd much prefer being able to see the gameplay instead of hearing about it :p

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Cherished Memories:

Unlocking ALL trophies in Melee with my little brother. Beating it without getting hit was tough. Lots of restarts towards the end. Finally got through it with DK.

Brawl: Snake and Sonic Reveals. First system was a Sega so Sonic was awesome to have in the game. Switched to N64 and got involved with the Nintendo Series...AND Smash. Then moved onto Sony Systems (while still keeping up with Nintendo) and fell in love with MG series. Snake announcement, to me, was the best thing ever. I had all of the icons that ever meant anything to me in one of my favorite series. Hopefully Snake makes his comeback this round! What a Sneaky Guy!

Recently, went through and unlocked everything for 64, Melee and Brawl again. Had about 4 trophies left to unlock in Brawl (stickers, all star intense, 2 random ones)...and my backwards compatible wii broke.

Transferred my data over to the Wii U (will finish it after I get the GC adapter), then got a new hard drive and installed that in my wii. It worked again. However, since I had to get an SD card for the transfer to the WiiU I now had one. Used that to my advantage and Downloaded Project M. An entire great new experience to hold me over for the next month!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Cherished Smash Memories?

Kirby has always been my go-to character at the start of each Smash. I even picked him on my first go at the 3DS demo.
In the original, I remember finding Ness and our good Captain, I've stuck with the three of them since.
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64:

Contrary to most people, Melee didn't do much for me. Ganondorf would have been the most hype character ever had he not been a clone of someone I already mained. Though Mr. Game & Watch is still one of my most favorite additions.
:gawmelee::nessmelee::kirbymelee::falconmelee::linkmelee:

Brawl is my favorite, because it added so many amazing characters. Finally, Meta Knight! Dedede! I grew to love Olimar and Snake, and they became my favorite characters of the bunch. It was truly a roster with no bad characters in my eyes.
:olimar::gw::ness2::dedede::kirby2::metaknight::falcon::link2::snake:
Now we come upon the handheld iteration of the newest in the franchise. Pac-Man is the only new addition that made me excited initially, but now I'm excitedly waiting for four new mains! But this game may be the first time that I lose a main by way of Snake. I may have really wanted to see other characters as well, but this game will be amazing even without them.
:4pacman::4olimar::gw::ness2::4palutena::4dedede::4kirby::4metaknight::4robinf::4falcon::4link::4shulk::snake:?​
I can only hope for good things in the future... and a "Kept you waiting, huh?"
Now that you mentioned this, I thought I'd give this a try

Smash 64

:ness64::fox64::pikachu64:

Melee

:foxmelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::sheikmelee: former mains :bowsermelee::peachmelee: :pikachumelee::nessmelee::pichumelee: (lol)

Brawl

:fox::marth::lucario::wolf: former mains :diddy::toonlink::pikachu2::pit::metaknight:

Now with Wii U/3DS so far...

:4fox::4marth::4lucario::4lucina::4greninja::4megaman::4littlemac::4bowser::4charizard::4dk::4peach::4pikachu:

I'm interested in seeing how all of these guys go. Makes me wonder who my top five would be for this one

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Now that you mentioned this, I thought I'd give this a try

Smash 64

:ness64::fox64::pikachu64:

Melee

:foxmelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::sheikmelee: former mains :bowsermelee::peachmelee: :pikachumelee::nessmelee::pichumelee: (lol)

Brawl

:fox::marth::lucario::wolf: former mains :diddy::toonlink::pikachu2::pit::metaknight:

Now with Wii U/3DS so far...

:4fox::4marth::4lucario::4lucina::4greninja::4megaman::4littlemac::4bowser::4charizard::4dk::4peach::4pikachu:

I'm interested in seeing how all of these guys go. Makes me wonder who my top five would be for this one
i'll give it a try

Smash 64:

:ness64::kirby64:

Melee:

:mewtwomelee::gawmelee::nessmelee: can play as well: :drmario::marthmelee::kirbymelee:

Brawl:

:gw::ness2::sonic::rob::falco: can play as well: :kirby2::metaknight::wario::marth::lucario:

SSB4 so far:

:4sonic::4greninja:

character i want to main:
:4lucario::4littlemac::4samus::4marth::4metaknight::4bowser::4megaman: (Mr. Game & Watch) (Ness)

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
My mains are in my sig

as for final 5

Realistically: Dixie, Impa, Mach, Mewtwo and ???

Ideally:

Isaac, Black Knight, Shuckle, Andy, Capt. Rool

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see how Snake could have "sat out" on the ERSB rating. Same with Wolf.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
More memories(in the form of my mains):
64: :mario64::pikachu64::samus64::falcon64::fox64:
Melee: :marthmelee::sheikmelee::roymelee:
Brawl: :sonic::ganondorf::ike::ivysaur::wolf:(as you can see my mains changed drastically from iteration to iteration lol XD)
Smash 4/Sm4sh: :4robinm::4shulk:(I'm really feeling it!):4pacman::4megaman::4lucina::4myfriends::4greninja::4littlemac::4wiifit:, duck hunt dog (this might change once the games come out, but shulk is a definite lock as a main)

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm not even sure what I want for my final five pick. Of the proposed cut characters, I'll really miss Lucas and Wolf. I wouldn't miss Ice Climbers and Snake as much, although I like them as well.

I definitely want to see Ridley and Mewtwo, and I would love to see a Donkey Kong newcomer, though I prefer K. Rool to Dixie Kong.

Although I side on the belief that Lucas and Wolf really are gone, my personal final five picks are Lucas, Wolf, Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool.

Sorry Ice Climbers and Snake!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Our Impas differ though. I like HW Impa, but I love SS Impa

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm an indecisive person.
:mario64::luigi64::dk64::link64::falcon64::ness64:
:bowsermelee::drmario::ganondorfmelee::falcomelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee:
:warioc::lucas:+:mewtwopm:
:4littlemac::4megaman:

Seems fairly reasonable until the part where I say that I still use all my characters from the previous games.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't like the prospect of either Lucas or Wolf making it without the other one also making it.

I would always wonder why the other one didn't make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom