• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Since I probably won't be on smash boards until Japanese release, I have to thank you all for the fond memories on the thread. There were painful deconfirmations, pleasant surprises, and I had lots of fun. Thank you all, and I'll see you on the other side

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Since I probably won't be on smash boards until Japanese release, I have to thank you all for the fond memories on the thread. There were painful deconfirmations, pleasant surprises, and I had lots of fun. Thank you all, and I'll see you on the other side
aww but we only just met :c

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Sorry, but I don't want any secret characters to be leaked and see them, gonna avoid the rest of the spoilers. But if the thread locks, I just want you guys to know how much I appreciate and live the smash community. Peace out smashers
You're gonna make me cry :'( Stupid water types!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ha, I'm about to do the same thing to. I'm actually buying the JPN version on the Eshop on Friday, because I don't want yall to spoil Mewtwo's return for me!

There are two people I'd really like to thank, them being @Groose and @andimidna cause without them, I know I wouldn't have had as much fun on the boards as I've had this entire time. It's been exactly since last Christmas since I joined. I heard a guy on Gamefaqs has a friend who is giving him a copy today, so I'm hurrying up to disappear. I may slyly put up my Roster Satisfaction in RMC later tonight, but that will most likely be my final post here until the day of wrecking.

I'd really like to thank every one! I know I had some whiny moments about Micaiah, Pac Man, the Ice Climbers, the Koopalings, and more, but I think I've made some really good friends out of all you guys. It's been a blast! And I can't wait to kick your butts in Smash, since you know, I get a head start! I hope you guys have a fun time on JPN release day

Just remember. This isn't goodbye. It's just a see ya later. I love you guys!

Thanks!

The Light Music Club!!!!

I'd like to post a clip from the show my name came from as well:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to go with

Mewtwo (I don't personally want him, but I have almost no doubts that he's in).
Ridley (Same as Mewtwo, but I expect him).
Rhythm Heaven Character.
Isaac (I find it odd that he's still missing and hasn't been seen at all yet.)
Bandana Waddle Dee/Zelda character/DK character.

I really don't want any of these characters besides Isaac and Bandana Dee, but I wouldn't mind most of them much either. Some of them would make tons of fans happy, and that would make me happy for them anyway, regardless of how I feel about them.

?????????????

Smash Master
I haven't thought about Isaac in a while. Certainly wouldn't mind him. But I feel the same for Ray, who we haven't seen either.

...Dang, Ray would actually be REALLY cool with the custom moveset stuff.

Niala

Smash Ace
Sorry, but I don't want any secret characters to be leaked and see them, gonna avoid the rest of the spoilers. But if the thread locks, I just want you guys to know how much I appreciate and live the smash community. Peace out smashers
Ha, I'm about to do the same thing to. I'm actually buying the JPN version on the Eshop on Friday, because I don't want yall to spoil Mewtwo's return for me!

There are two people I'd really like to thank, them being @Groose and @andimidna cause without them, I know I wouldn't have had as much fun on the boards as I've had this entire time. It's been exactly since last Christmas since I joined. I heard a guy on Gamefaqs has a friend who is giving him a copy today, so I'm hurrying up to disappear. I may slyly put up my Roster Satisfaction in RMC later tonight, but that will most likely be my final post here until the day of wrecking.

I'd really like to thank every one! I know I had some whiny moments about Micaiah, Pac Man, the Ice Climbers, the Koopalings, and more, but I think I've made some really good friends out of all you guys. It's been a blast! And I can't wait to kick your butts in Smash, since you know, I get a head start! I hope you guys have a fun time on JPN release day

Just remember. This isn't goodbye. It's just a see ya later. I love you guys!

Thanks!

The Light Music Club!!!!

I'd like to post a clip from the show my name came from as well:

It's been a pleasure, both of you. :)

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
My list:
-Chorus kids (because of the ennemi from rhythm tengoku in the smash run)
-Mewtwo (one of the most wanted character)
-Ridley (The trophy theory)
-Impa (The trophy theory)
-Dixie (because of the 4chan leak)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
At least it'll be more than a Fox palette swap :awesome:
Well, in my mind, I think it's a good compromise, as Lucas was never intended to anything more than a straight Ness clone anyway. The only thing that would separate him and Lucina would be Amiibos.

Ness replaces his crappy Yo-yo moves with Lucas's PSI blasts, Lucas gets in as an alt. Everyone wins.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted for the hidden five would be:
-Mewtwo
-Ridley
-Isaac
-Agent J (From the Elite Beat Agents)
-Ray MK III (From the Custom Robo Series)

Although I don't think that AgentJ and Ray will be in the game, at least not as playable characters. If those 5 would be in the final roster I'd be completely satisfied with it, even without Geno. :p

?????????????

Smash Master
What if the supposed five unannounced were all clone characters who, when combined with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina, formed an entire row of clone characters?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
What if the supposed five unannounced were all clone characters who, when combined with Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina, formed an entire row of clone characters?
I'd barf major chunks, to put it grossly

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@MorbidAltruism would ji--She would be very happy to see that.

Let's see:
- Impa
- Black Shadow
- Krystal
- Dixie Kong
- Aran Ryan (:troll:)

I would love this too.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Here's the CSS covering the five missing characters:

3DS Roster 17 (Wolf).png

Here's the CSS following K. Rool's induction (where the magic really happens):

3DS Roster 18 (King K. Rool).png

See anything peculiar? That's right! All the clones moved to their proper places, hence drastically changing the order of the entire CSS. Duck Hunt's movement is sort of a reverse Pikachu from Melee in that he maintains his placement on the roster at that point in time while the Pokémon reps gets bumped down a whole row.

However, looking at this, the CSS looks a little disjoined still. Well, here's the full picture of what the final roster will actually look like:

3DS Roster 23 (Final Roster).png

Looks neat, and it can fit the 3DS screen.

However, I seriously doubt that K. Rool or Bandana Dee will be joining the fight unless the theory that only unlockable characters move around turns out to be legit. However, because it could still theoretically happen, I have them as the only two characters to have a realistic chance at getting in outside of the 2Chan leak.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

Only the first four matter to me.
Minus Snake and adding Sceptile, this is exactly what I want.

I would literally kill somebody to get Rayman in as playable.

Since people seem to be posting cherished Smash memories:

I didn't really get into Nintendo games until the gamecube, but I was able to play Smash 64 at my cousins. I was 5 or 6 years old when this game came out. My mother didn't like video games all that much, and normally wouldn't let me near them, so I didn't even recognize characters like Mario and Link. This was actually the second Nintendo game I had ever played (First being Kirby 64), so as I was playing this I was full of questions like "Why is there a Monkey with a tie?" and "Why can't Kirby's girlfriend (Jigglypuff) also swallow people?" And since I was so young I was absolutely terrible, which essentially meant I spent the entire time spamming Samus's charge shot, Pikachu's Thunder, and Kirby's Down B.

Hands down my best memory from that was when I tried Ness, managed to use his Up B correctly (After 30+ tries), and nailed my brother who was playing Samus. I paused the game to gloat, noticed that the electricity made it so you could see Samus's silhouette through her suit, and.... wait a sec.... Samus is a GIRL?!

Child mind=Blown

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I know that it would be unlikely but for me it's grovyle > sceptile, even if it's just because of the awesome mystery dungeon games... I think IF another pokémon besides mewtwo and jiggly will be in (I highly doubt it though), it will be sceptile, but I just like grovyle more... :/

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Some of my most cherished SSB moments:

- Unlocking Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Marth, in Melee. I didn't even know anything about the last two, just the prospect of finding these characters was enough to excite me beyond anything else.

- Sonic being revealed for Brawl. He was by far my most wanted character, but at the time I didn't really expect it. So obviously, whe his trailer appeared, it meant I would be watching it over and over again.

- The week before and after e3 2013. New Smash Bros? Check. MEGA MAN in new Smash Bros? Double check.

- By Book, Sword, and Crest of Flame. Specifically, Lucina. :love:

- December 24th 2013, and everything after. :awesome:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I remember when I first played Melee and didn't know the vast majority of the cast (Captain Who, Now? What's a Metroid?)

I remember when I thought Ness was the anthropomorphic embodiment of the NES.

I remember playing Mushroom Kingdom and feeling an intense wave of nostalgia; and then playing Mushroom Kingdom II and thinking the exact same thing.

I remember all the times my brother, our friends and I used to play Princess Peach's Castle.

I remember playing Brawl for the first time and hearing the opening soundtrack.

I remember falling in love with Wario and R.O.B. and Lucas and Zero Suit Samus.

I remember Palutena being announced for Smash 4.

I remember becoming a Ridley supporter.

I remember all of these things.

I remember the times that have been and the times that are yet to come.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Let's hear it for the good times! ^_^

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Some of my most cherished moments in Smash:
-Landing a 4 Falcon knee combo and falling to my death before the other player star KO animation finished, losing the match in the process.
-Robin's reveal.
-Dark Pit the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Post your final five picks ~

Okay umm let's see...
Steve from Minecraft
Goku from Dragonzball P
That guy I don't remember from that PlayStation gam-*before can finish get's kicked from smashboards*

But seriously...

Pretty much what you guys listed. :)

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would like the final five to be King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Wolf, Snake, and whoever else. But as for who I'm expecting, no one in particular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom