• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wolf is totally a "Semi-Clone" along with Falco
I am certain that this is troll-bait; however, that has never stopped me before, I suppose.

Please elaborate, which moves does he share with Fox and/or Falco? You might recall that being a semi-clone means that the character shares half of their moves with another character. I cannot wait to see which ones you come up with!

domokl

Smash Lord
heck make both fire emblem smash bros and pokemon smash bros both would work so well

Mr. Keebs

Luiginator
NNID
Elf-Master
3DS FC
2921-9429-2474
also bowser jr should not be in because he might take inklings dlc moveset with his brush:troll:
Please stop talking about Bowser Jr., I really hate him... haha (he was decent in Super Mario Sunshine :ohwell:)

Oddliestotter

Smash Cadet
Please stop talking about Bowser Jr., I really hate him... haha (he was decent in Super Mario Sunshine :ohwell:)
Sorry to bring him up! He's one of my favorites!
And with the amount of Mario representatives, we probably won't see any more. But then again we have 4/5 fire emblem representatives.

Does anyone know how big this game is going to be???

they already making a pokemon fighting game Pokken Fighters
:001: approves

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
And with the amount of Mario representatives, we probably won't see any more. But then again we have 4/5 fire emblem representatives.

I apologize, perhaps I am misconstruing something, which character is the fifth Fire Emblem character? Are you counting Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash or are you perhaps counting Female Robin as a separate character, hence the "/"?

Mr. Keebs

Luiginator
NNID
Elf-Master
3DS FC
2921-9429-2474
I am certain that this is troll-bait; however, that has never stopped me before, I suppose.

Please elaborate, which moves does he share with Fox and/or Falco? You might recall that being a semi-clone means that the character shares half of their moves with another character. I cannot wait to see which ones you come up with!
Wolf - down special Reflector, Fox - down special Reflector
Wolf - neutral special Blaster, Fox - neutral special Blaster
Wolf - up special Fire Wolf, Fox - Fire Fox
Wolf - side special Wolf Flash, Fox - side special Fox Illusion (they both move really fast to the side)
Falco is the same way. I know they each play COMPLETELY different but they're moves are so similar regardless.

Oddliestotter

Smash Cadet
I apologize, perhaps I am misconstruing something, which character is the fifth Fire Emblem character? Are you counting Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash or are you perhaps counting Female Robin as a separate character, hence the "/"?
Good question and sorry! Yeah, in this case I'm saying Lucina as an independent, marking #4, and Chrom as the /5

The average WiiU disk is about 4.7 inches across.
:'''''') That was beautiful

GIVE THIS WONDERFUL SOUL LIKES PLEASE!

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Since Sakurai made Lucina a character during development, I hope Mewtwo & K. Rool at least made it.

Mr. Keebs

Luiginator
NNID
Elf-Master
3DS FC
2921-9429-2474

Bowser Jr. kicked the Koopalings in the balls and took their place for a long time. The Koopalings are badass! No respect from Bowser Jr.!

Morbi

Scavenger
Wolf - down special Reflector, Fox - down special Reflector
Wolf - neutral special Blaster, Fox - neutral special Blaster
Wolf - up special Fire Wolf, Fox - Fire Fox
Wolf - side special Wolf Flash, Fox - side special Fox Illusion (they both move really fast to the side)
Falco is the same way. I know they each play COMPLETELY different but they're moves are so similar regardless.
Ah, I see. Assuming that those moves are indeed the sames moves, which I would assert that the blaster or "Wolf Flash" are not in the slightest. They are merely similar moves with different properties, animations, hit-boxes, and functionality. A similar assertion would be that all "punch" moves are the same because they are "punches" which is utterly fallacious. I suppose "Fire Wolf" is close enough to consider as the "same" move regardless of the notion that it is not. At least the usage is the same in this case. I digress... assuming those moves are indeed the same moves, you fail to cite half of his moves. Therefore he is not a semi-clone. His only shared moves are "reflector" and "landmaster" this is despite unique properties attributed to both.

Oddliestotter

Smash Cadet
Ah, I see. Assuming that those moves are indeed the sames moves, which I would assert that the blaster or "Wolf Flash" are not in the slightest. They are merely similar moves with different properties, animations, hit-boxes, and functionality. A similar assertion would be that all "punch" moves are the same because they are "punches" which is utterly fallacious. I suppose "Fire Wolf" is close enough to consider as the "same" move regardless of the notion that it is not. At least the usage is the same in this case. I digress... assuming those moves are indeed the same moves, you fail to cite half of his moves. Therefore he is not a semi-clone. His only shared moves are "reflector" and "landmaster" this is despite unique properties attributed to both.
LAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*breaks through ceiling*

Mr. Keebs

Luiginator
NNID
Elf-Master
3DS FC
2921-9429-2474
Hey, you pointed it out the first time. Obvious troll-bait is obvious :grin::troll:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
uB is not even fire wolf wth?
sure it functions semi-similarly, but the same could be said about Diddy Kong's jetpack, Lucario's Extreme Speed or Pit's power of flight recovery. Sure, you stall in the air for a very short period of time after which you fly in a direction. Lucario and Diddy being able to curve their flight path.

All of wolf's other moves are different. I wouldn't call him a clone in the least. Falco is more of a clone then Wolf is. Lucina = definition of clone as she only gets changes in coding such as no tipper. Same animations, same everything else.

Some people need to learn that Lucas and Nes are not clones on any level. They have two moves in common: PK Thunder and their side smash. The rest is also completely different

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey, you pointed it out the first time. Obvious troll-bait is obvious :grin::troll:
I can never be too sure; believe it or not, some share that perspective. Albeit, I was positive you were joking after you called Wolf's recovery "Fire Wolf." However, in the event that you were indeed serious, that utter incompetence could not be over-looked, I would never forgive myself!
:wolf:

Morbi

Scavenger
uB is not even fire wolf wth?
sure it functions semi-similarly, but the same could be said about Diddy Kong's jetpack, Lucario's Extreme Speed or Pit's power of flight recovery. Sure, you stall in the air for a very short period of time after which you fly in a direction. Lucario and Diddy being able to curve their flight path.

All of wolf's other moves are different. I wouldn't call him a clone in the least. Falco is more of a clone then Wolf is. Lucina = definition of clone as she only gets changes in coding such as no tipper. Same animations, same everything else.

Some people need to learn that Lucas and Nes are not clones on any level. They have two moves in common: PK Thunder and their side smash. The rest is also completely different
I certainly agree with this sentiment which is precisely why I put "Fire Wolf" in quotation marks thereby proceeding to use the same exact punctuation to indicate "same." I was not the first to call his recovery "Fire Wolf," I was responding to his post whilst humoring the notion.

I would not call him a clone in the least either, hence the reason I fell victim to the troll-bait in the first place.

Last edited:

Mr. Keebs

Luiginator
NNID
Elf-Master
3DS FC
2921-9429-2474
I can never be too sure; believe it or not, some share that perspective. Albeit, I was positive you were joking after you called Wolf's recovery "Fire Wolf." However, in the event that you were indeed serious, that utter incompetence could not be over-looked, I would never forgive myself!
:wolf:
So its not called Fire Wolf now

Oddliestotter

Smash Cadet
Double Posting Warning Received
Let's make "Fire Wolf" canon. That'd be awesome. A Wolf costume..... but he's on fire. Consistently.

Yet takes no damage O.O

Krystal's Final smash will have her summon a triceratops that shoots "energy" from his mouth and can hover for a short amount of time, just you wait!
I would cry dolphin tears of joy.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, can I just hope for Paper Mario anyway? (that's actually a joke because he's more his own rep but it doesn't really affect his chances imo).

Speaking of, where he would be if he was in the roster if he repped his own series? Was always wondering about that.

D

Deleted member

they already making a pokemon fighting game Pokken Fighters
Bit of a shame we haven't heard too much of a peep about it...all we know is that its trademarked but thats it (Unless I fell asleep)

Well, can I just hope for Paper Mario anyway? (that's actually a joke because he's more his own rep but it doesn't really affect his chances imo).

Speaking of, where he would be if he was in the roster if he repped his own series? Was always wondering about that.
Probably after Bowser & before Rosalina. (Its just me)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Is that seriously the official name? I am probably going to go cry in the corner if it is.
I'll cry with you. Such laziness!

I always stick him in front of Mario in my rosters sort of like how Dr. Mario was placed in Melee.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Since Sakurai made Lucina a character during development, I hope Mewtwo & K. Rool at least made it.
I don't think it works that way exactly. What I think Lucina brings to the board are cloney characters initially planned to be alts. Personally, I am near convinced that Dark Pit is playable, and I think Dixie Kong is as well. I think those will be the only other two "Lucina"s, though.

I think K. Rool is still getting in, so don't get me wrong. Mewtwo, I have a more mixed opinion on. I personally prefer Sceptile, and think he's a bit more likely at this point. Don't really wanna start an argument about that, though.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think it works that way exactly. What I think Lucina brings to the board are cloney characters initially planned to be alts. Personally, I am near convinced that Dark Pit is playable, and I think Dixie Kong is as well.

I think K. Rool is still getting in, so don't get me wrong. Mewtwo, I have a more mixed opinion on. I personally prefer Sceptile, and think he's a bit more likely at this point. Don't really wanna start an argument about that, though.
Sceptile more likely than Mewtwo? If that is the case, why does your signature have Grovyle on it? :4robinf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom