• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wow,we got over Ridley quickly.

...until hotfeet44 shows up.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't expecting Greninja, but now I'm very excited to play as him. Ninjas usually work well in fighting games, and he doesn't seem to be an exception.

bryanoid

Smash Cadet
And to add to the case FOR Mewtwo:
Mega Evolutions.

He was the first to be shown with a Mega Evolution, which is shown to be a big part of this game. He has two for crying out loud! Imagine the possibilities! Optimism people!

Oh and I didn't notice Diddy having Brawl artwork. I might be right with my earlier post about him being paired up with Dixie. Holy crap haha :)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
You guys kidding? I loved the direct!

Plus I wasn't really hurt by no Mewtwo/Ridley either. I'm not very sad about Greninja either, I think he would be interesting to play as.

I think someone had a theory that Diddy has Brawl art because maybe they are planning a Diddy and Dixie tag team.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll try to remain optimistic, Ridley wasn't shown off completely, Sakurai could still pull a bait and switch on us... K. Rool looks great too, and Snake is still... possible.
Miis might not even be playable, so even though some vets were ruined and we got another ****ty newcomer, this train wreck can be salvaged.

This isn't even a prediction roster at this point, this is just the last bit of hope I'm clinging to. This direct just threw a wrench in everything.
Why are you taking this as such a negative impact?
I want every juicy little detail out of it!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I find it hilarious that Phantom is indeed a new move for Zelda, something nobody thought, but Sheik is still in the game.
Sakurai really does love to mess with us.

Also, I am all the more confident Ghirahim might appear for whatever reason.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How is Mewtwo cut? There is no evidence the size of the roster, how many Pokemon will be in it, and no mention of Mewtwo at ALL.
It's not really about the roster size that gets me, I'm just worried that since Jiggs is part of the original game's roster, and we might not need a sixth Pokemon character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wait...
Are people pissed about this?

The Direct was incredible! We got tons of footage, a great unexpected character, and veteran reveals.
I'm incredibly happy that they've found a great solution to the problems with both online and the competitive vs. casual situations.
Also, Greninja.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wait...

The Direct was incredible! We got tons of footage,
Meh, nothing that great.
Except for maybe the Final Smashes, Pong Assist, and Smash Run.
a great unexpected character,
A great character who brought Pokémon up to 5 characters.
Which means it is likely not to get more.
Which means bad news for Mewtwo.
and veteran reveals.
You mean the seperated transformations that take up space on the roster? Like Sheik, who is taking up the place a Zelda newcomer could be? Or Charizard, who replaced the Pokémon Trainer, who's original purpose wasn't to have Charizard, but to represent the actual character you play as in the Pokémkn franchise?

Or do you mean Yoshi?

I'm seriously considering stopping Smash speculation.
With Ridley most likley gone (I'm trying to be optimistic) and most likley no Zelda newcomer or Mewtwo, I really don't think my little boy heart can take much more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not really about the roster size that gets me, I'm just worried that since Jiggs is part of the original game's roster, and we might not need a sixth Pokemon character.
Seriously,the debate over the original 12 is fading into a lie.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wait...

The Direct was incredible! We got tons of footage, a great unexpected character, and veteran reveals.
Ridley, Cranky Kong (In Jungle Japes), Samurai Goroh, Tiki, Knuckle Joe, Saki Amamiya, Lyn, Dr. Wright, Midna, Dark Samus, Arceus, Meowth, Eevee, Meloetta, Deoxys, Victini, Kamek, Zoroark, and Darkrai.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wait...

I know! Five reveals?! I was only expecting 2-3! Online play is better, new modes, new items and stages, returning stages, a summer release for the 3DS!

Greninja is great! And I have to say, Palutena is all but confirmed at this point. That's incredible. Charizard's back as a powerhouse, ZSS is hotter, and Sheik is BACK! And Yoshi of course.

Oh, and a ton of character updates. Gives me hope for decloned characters like Lucas, Ganondorf, and the StarFox crew. (they haven't shown off a lot of Toon Link so I'm skeptical)

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
420 pages. :103:

I was very happy with the direct. It had amazing stuff like a FD version of every stage, completely re-designed Sheik/ZSS as their own characters and dropped hints about so many potential newcomers.

Sucks about the characters who didn't make it playable, though. I can imagine it was heart-breaking for some people, I was very glad Waluigi got his AT revealed earlier and not during this Direct or it may have ruined it for me too.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
....Um, I guess I'll make a prediction roster.

not so much predictions cause I'm still turned sideways, but a roster.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why do you guys still have Ridley on your rosters?
I'm holding off for a while.
I knew this kind of denial would happen.
Sakurai could very well be trolling though.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Wait...

Yeah, because you're happy about the random frog ninja ****. Not all of us are.

Like others, I won't be active as much. I know it's not much of a loss, but I was really on the Smash hype train. After that? Not as much. Was a good birthday for me today, still is. But the Smash Direct was the worst part of the day.

****ing frog ninja. Ridley? Nah. King K.Rool? Nah. Palutena? Nah. Chrome? Nah. Mewtwo? Lol nope.

How about some random frog ninja that all five Pokemon fanatics go crazy about. Amazing. It's good if you're a fan. Really. I'm glad for those five people who wanted him. But that was ****. Out of all the fan demanded characters, frog ninja. Okay.

Edit: And you can ask why people still have Ridley on their rosters, that's fine. We can't all be as hyped for some random ass frog ninja.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Dropkick JD Dropkick JD
Time to stop being butthurt about it, Greninja's in.
I love Greninja, as he was my starter in Gen. 6. And guess what? It seems like a majority of the site is excited about his inclusion.
Greninja means nothing when compared with Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena. Mewtwo MAYBE.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
@ Dropkick JD Dropkick JD
Time to stop being butthurt about it, Greninja's in.
I love Greninja, as he was my starter in Gen. 6. And guess what? It seems like a majority of the site is excited about his inclusion.
Greninja means nothing when compared with Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena. Mewtwo MAYBE.
Don't be an ass. The correct phrase is let down.

When fans are vocal about a character they want for two damn games, and they get ignored because "LOL SAKURAI SURPRISE AHA", it tends to piss people off.

Amazing. No matter how vocal the fans are, it just seems to go into the man's one ear and out the other. Might as well just not give any feedback at this point.

And yeah, the majority? Explain to me the users leaving the board. It really sucked for people dedicated with following the game.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Greninja's final smash intruiges me.
I'm guessing...Extreme Speed?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And once again, JamesDNaux is unhappy with a newcomer :p

Here's my almost unchanged roster
View attachment 11731
Shut the hell up and give me this roster Sakurai.

Just looking at this roster actually makes me feel MUCH more optimistic about the game.
Though to be honest, I am truly expecting Bandana Dee, since Dedede only tries Gordos, and his Final Smash hasn't been shown yet, which may mean it is a change to avoid confusion between Waddle Dees (Masked Dedede anyone?)

I'm staying in Smash speculation.
I've calmed down, and I've realized that Greninja is friggin' awesome!
So is Charizard, even if that means goodbye to Ivysaur and Squirtle. May their code rest in peace.

I can't decide who's is better :

Kirby's final smash or Pit's final smash...

Kirby :troll:
Nope.
It's Mega Man's Final Smash.
Or maybe Pong assist, or Wire-Frame Mac.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If there was a Gen 6 rep, it was gonna be Greninja for sure. Just not a lot of people expected one.

ALthough my favorite part of the Direct was ZSS, Sheik, and the basic confirmation of Palutena.

bryanoid

Smash Cadet
Don't be an ***. The correct phrase is let down.

When fans are vocal about a character they want for two damn games, and they get ignored because "LOL SAKURAI SURPRISE AHA", it tends to piss people off.

Amazing. No matter how vocal the fans are, it just seems to go into the man's one ear and out the other. Might as well just not give any feedback at this point.

And yeah, the majority? Explain to me the users leaving the board. It really sucked for people dedicated with following the game.
:(

This just sounds like entitlement, sorry. It really is Sakurai's game to make, and he's doing a damn fine job with it as much as you want to disagree.

Smady

Smash Master
I hate Greninja too, but it's nothing to leave over. There are always going to be characters you dislike, too late to leave now - there are only a couple months until E3, if there's nothing interesting you then you may be right to give up hope.

But how could you leave after THAT direct? There are so many unanswered questions about the roster and it's a much closer race. I am frigging pumped to see what we get at E3.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If there was a Gen 6 rep, it was gonna be Greninja for sure. Just not a lot of people expected one.

ALthough my favorite part of the Direct was ZSS, Sheik, and the basic confirmation of Palutena.
What about the kinda-confirmation of K. Rool?
With the Kritters in Smash Run, and Sakurai purposely ignoring them and leaving them off to the side when showing off all the iconic enemies.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
:(

This just sounds like entitlement, sorry. It really is Sakurai's game to make, and he's doing a damn fine job with it as much as you want to disagree.
It's really not entitlement. Ironic part is? I don't want Chrome. I don't want Palutena like everyone else.

I just want some kind of fan feedback to be heard. Like I said, I'm still buying this game. I just can't be excited anymore. There was a time where I was defending Sakurai, but god damn can we at least get shown one hugely fan requested character.

You can't tell me he doesn't know, either. And god willing, I'm proven wrong. Maybe he'll surprise me, and throw in a ton of fan favorites that have been wanted for how many games. But it's also just comparison. Maybe it's because, I've been pampered with other "fighting" games. Ed Boon, with Mortal Kombat and Injustice heavily listened to the crowd. The game turned out even better because fans got who they want.

I don't know. It is his game. It's still going to be great. But it irritates the **** out of me. Not because of who it is, but because it just felt like another "WTF LOL SHOCKER" add on that just wasn't needed.

Maybe it's because I had too much hope going into this Direct. It still had good information. Just, frog ninja feels like such a random shove in that it's not even funny. The ironic part? Froakie is my starter as well.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why do you guys still have Ridley on your rosters?
I'm holding off for a while.
I knew this kind of denial would happen.
Sakurai could very well be trolling though.
Please tell me nobody ACTUALLY believes Ridley is still happening....I'm crying now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The veterans we got today all look great (especially ZSS), but I'm really itching to see Captain Falcon and Ness. Feels less Smashy without them.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just realized how similar Kirby's new Ultra Sword FS is to Ike's FS in Brawl.

Kirby: "THE GREAT POYOOOOOOO!"

D

Deleted member

The veterans we got today all look great (especially ZSS), but I'm really itching to see Captain Falcon and Ness. Feels less Smashy without them.
If Captain Falcon isn't in Super Smash Bros....whos gonna take his place to acquire the mighty Falcon Punch & Captain Fabulous?

:ganondorf:

Oh right...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Very nice! Though I still think Mewtwo has a chance, I would consider adding him in place of someone else, or just add him altogether.

Btw, love the "sort of" on your sig for the Kalos Trainer. I laughed.
Lol, yeh. And I'm thinking about an alt. roster with Mewtwo in place of Jigglypuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom