• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Does anyone think Mewtwo will replace Jigglypuff? Because at this point, I don't think Sakurai really gives a ****.
I'm hoping on it.

Well, I have come to say a few words.
I am officially leaving the SSB4 Speculation. The direct.. it killed me. It wasn't Greninja, mind you. It was something else. If you want to take over any of my threads, feel free to do so. I will still hang around @BigAxle's Roster Evolution thread, @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof 's How They be Repped thread, and MAYBE on rare occasions @Groose's RTC thread.
So, adios amigos and amigas.
And SmashBoards loses another one, crap. This doesn't look good.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Find Mii is also it's own universe.

I'll reserve judgement until we see the Tomatachi Collection stage. If that stage has it's own universe icon, I don't think Miis are in the game. Wouldn't you agree that it'd make sense for Mii's stages to share the same symbol?

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Looks like Mii's aren't playable, which I knew they wouldn't be, but I'm sure people will still argue that they can still be playable.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Trust no leak!:

I'll reserve judgement until we see the Tomatachi Collection stage. If that stage has it's own universe icon, I don't think Miis are in the game. Wouldn't you agree that it'd make sense for Mii's stages to share the same symbol?
Doesn't balloon fighter stage have its own logo?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Looks like Mii's aren't playable, which I knew they wouldn't be, but I'm sure people will still argue that they can still be playable.
I don't like the Mii's but I don't see how they're truly disconfirmed. Toon Link was driving the train and he's playable.

Starbound

Diddy is still using his Brawl artwork. O.o

Any ideas on the reason for this?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Hmm. Well, while Miis are still likely, this does raise an interesting question. So many things unraveling, and people are only worried about Ridley and Mewtwo (though worrying over Mewtwo makes NO sense right now)!

Smady

Smash Master
I thought immediately that Miis were gone when I saw the king imprisoned on the Find Mii stage.

Nothing conclusive but:
  • Mii on Find Mii Stage
  • Miis used throughout Direct and hinted as part of the online profile system
  • Customization options on movesets
All these hurt Mii quite a bit in my opinion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Since when do the Mii's icon become a ****ing crown?

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
I think this reveal hurt Mewtwo's chances and I'm starting to fear he won't be in due to Jigglypuff most likely taking the 5th pokemon rep slot. I think it hurt Ridley's chances much more, especially since Zero Suit Samus and Regular Samus are now classified as two different characters, as well as him possibly being a boss/stage hazard. However I think Sakurai just showing Ridley's shadow is suspicious. Maybe Sakurai is trolling and actually plans to put Ridley in as a character but Meta Ridley as a boss like what @God Robert's Cousin said about the wing that was shown? Greninja was unexpected, but I am very pleased with him being in and I might main him for the next game.

Edit: But yeah, poor Ridley

Last edited:

Starbound

I don't think the Find Mii symbol means much until we see the Tomatachi Stage's symbol.

I still think they are pretty likely.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Does anyone think Mewtwo will replace Jigglypuff? Because at this point, I don't think Sakurai really gives a ****.
Mewtwo may probably have priority, but I don't see a reason we can't have both, especially if Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't returning. Though if we could only have one, well, Mewtwo will have to get over Jigglypuff. Sakurai would have to be crazy.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well, I have come to say a few words.
I am officially leaving the SSB4 Speculation. The direct.. it killed me. It wasn't Greninja, mind you. It was something else. If you want to take over any of my threads, feel free to do so. I will still hang around @BigAxle's Roster Evolution thread, @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof 's How They be Repped thread, and MAYBE on rare occasions @Groose's RTC thread.
So, adios amigos and amigas.
What killed you?
I'm really curious.

Starbound

I wonder if the Diddy artwork might mean that Diddy + Dixie is actually being worked on.

But with no transformations, I have no idea how it would happen or work.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mewtwo may probably have priority, but I don't see a reason we can't have both, especially if Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't returning. Though if we could only have one, well, Mewtwo will have to get over Jigglypuff. Sakurai would have to be crazy.
I don't know why people are still holding onto the "original twelve."
I guess it's just because they've all been in the 3 current released games.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Everyone argued that Mii's were what the customizable aspect of this game was, we now know that's not the case, and Mii's are being represented in other ways.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We got atleast 2 more months. That means atleast 2 newcomers left.
We're running out of options,guys.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't decide who's is better :

Kirby's final smash or Pit's final smash...

Kirby :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Don't get me wrong, I've always seen Blaziken as a dark horse candidate, but overall I still think Mewtwo has the advantage given his prominence over the past year, and the fact that he remains one of the highest requested characters for this game. Now with The Pokémon Company and Game Freak's flavor-of-the month character out of the way, I just think it falls in line for the other two.
I understand, I'm not saying we should throw out Mewtwo because I'm not ready to either and he still has a lot of good points, I'm just starting to get very cautious. The thing is we were so sure on the "Brawl+Mewtwo" bit beforehand and this direct threw out not only PT, but gave us Charizard and Greninja. So I'm just saying we should start being more open to other possibilities from now on because we don't completely know how things will turn out.

As for the flavor-of-the-month bit, they're still milking Blaziken past his generation, so I wouldn't be surprised if they consider him more then just a "flavor-of-the-month." Plus, GF will milk Greninja for all he's worth now that his popularity will surely be jettison to heights unknown to most Pokémon.

bryanoid

Smash Cadet
Okay people, listen: Sakurai chose to split the character slots of existing transformation characters. Pokemon Trainer in Brawl was 3 characters in one slot and that's how he probably saw it as well. ZSS and Sheik are their own characters now. That would lead to the conclusion, obviously, that Squirtle and Ivysaur would be too. But are those two truly deserving? Pokemon had 6 reps in Brawl. Would Sakurai lower that number in the sequel? I really don't think so. In fact, I think he's keeping it the same and making it more fair/easier for Mario and Zelda to keep up. (And those two franchises will probably get 6 reps as well). Greninja took Squirtle's spot. Who's taking Ivysaur's? That's yet to be seen.

Pikachu/Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle/Lucario/Jigglypuff -> Pikachu/Charizard/?/Greninja/Lucario/Jigglypuff(?)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wait...
Are people pissed about this?

The Direct was incredible! We got tons of footage, a great unexpected character, and veteran reveals.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is bull ****. So I made an icon of Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer beat up and supporting each other after being cut from Smash.

(But, I'm psyched for Greninja. Just upset it wasn't with Chespin and Braixen as I predicted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A few things in regards to Ridley:

- Zero Suit Samus has an original design for this game, implying the Metroid characters don't have to pull their moves entirely from Other M.
- Ridley's shadow shown on the Pyrosphere stage seems to be the Other M design.
- Sakurai doesn't specify his status.
- The Ridley in Other M is a clone of the original.

I speculate that if he is indeed playable, then he will assume a unique design, based on the Super Metroid, Prime, and Other M.

Also, something that could make the Other M stage hazard stand out in this case: He could evolve over time, like he does in that game.

I don't know. I'm going to assume there's more to this than a simple deconfirmation.
It could even be Meta Ridley appearing on Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is bull ****. So I made an icon of Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer beat up and supporting each other after being cut from Smash.
You think both will be cut?
I'm thinking that Pokémon Trainer is cut, but Mewtwo is still fair game.
And then we get a 6th Mario character and bam.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wasn't counting Pokemon Trainer as three separate characters. But if you look at it that way, maybe they'll replace Squirtle and Ivysaur with Greninja and hopefully Mewtwo.
Sakurai counted PKMN Trainer as three separate entities. And if you want recent proof of that, look at Sheik and Zero Suit Samus.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Greninja is kind of like the role that Takamaru would take.

Speed,Swift attacks,Small,yet effective projectiles. I can't wait.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Zard, Sheik, and ZSS's reveals were much more hype than Greninja's IMO. Those 3 reveals had me jumping out of my seat in excitement.

Greninja left me scratching my head. I'll warm up to him eventually.

But for now............. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ZARD SHEIK ZSS ALL THEIR OWN CHARACTERS HELL YEAH :)

Starbound

The game is probably coming out after E3, so we've still got a massive info dump at E3 for us.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You think both will be cut?
I'm thinking that Pokémon Trainer is cut, but Mewtwo is still fair game.
And then we get a 6th Mario character and bam.
Well, Jigglypuff could always be cut for Mewtwo. But, if we got both along with Paper Mario that'd be the best thing ever!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll try to remain optimistic, Ridley wasn't shown off completely, Sakurai could still pull a bait and switch on us... K. Rool looks great too, and Snake is still... possible.
Miis might not even be playable, so even though some vets were ruined and we got another ****ty newcomer, this train wreck can be salvaged.

This isn't even a prediction roster at this point, this is just the last bit of hope I'm clinging to. This direct just threw a wrench in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom