• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Tetra could be playable without a transformation. If they gave Sheik a moveset they could easily make one for Tetra.
Right, which is why I said unless they're separate. Toon Zelda alone, in my opinion would be low though.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Nah man. Ghirahim's not happening.
I would love to see Ghirahim but i don't think he will be playable :drsad: (I doubt that we will get another Zelda character in general)

I sure hope not. I'm praying with every fiber of my being that it's not.
Why so much hate for Ghirahim? why do you dislike him that much? :drohmy:

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't HATE Ghirahim. It's just my personal preference, honestly, to see someone like Vaati get in before Ghirahim. Heck, I'd even take sexy Hyrule Warriors Impa over Ghirahim. Mmf.

But yeah. It's all personal preference, there's no hate. I was merely exaggerating for comedic effect.

Me too. But I will admit, the main reason I don't want ghirahim in the game is kinda dorky.
That's the beautiful thing about opinions, brother. No matter how justified or dorky they are, they're still your opinions. Stick to your guns. Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to know.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I know you weren't replying to me, but the reason I don't support Ghirahim is simply because I don't know him. I've yet to play Skyward Sword. So therefore I support other Zelda characters(Vaati, Ganon, Skull Kid) that I at least know.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I know you weren't replying to me, but the reason I don't support Ghirahim is simply because I don't know him. I've yet to play Skyward Sword. So therefore I support other Zelda characters(Vaati, Ganon, Skull Kid) that I at least know.
You should play it, and i'm pretty sure you will love him also... I also like Vaati and Skull Kid, sadly Skull Kid is an AT and Vaati... well i prefer Ghirahim over him but if i get him i will still be happy.:dr^_^:

I don't HATE Ghirahim. It's just my personal preference, honestly, to see someone like Vaati get in before Ghirahim. Heck, I'd even take sexy Hyrule Warriors Impa over Ghirahim. Mmf.

But yeah. It's all personal preference, there's no hate. I was merely exaggerating for comedic effect.
Well... may i know why you dislike him to the point that you prefer a character that you have only seen the face off (Hyrule Warrior's Impa):drohmy:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Well... may i know why you dislike him to the point that you prefer a character that you have only seen the face off (Hyrule Warrior's Impa):drohmy:
Like I said, personal preference. I don't really have a legitimate reason other than she's got some nice tracts of land, and I've got a thing for chicks with white hair, none of which are legitimate things to bring up as reasons, so I left them out on purpose.

Just to say, I've played Skyward Sword. I didn't enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed some other Zelda, but that didn't mean I wasn't invested in the characters. Though if I were to come up with a reason as to why I prefer Vaati over Ghirahim, it's mostly because I feel he'd be a better pick, being Zelda's recurring villain that's not Ganon/Ganondorf. Plus, I'd love to see Sakurai explore a magical moveset that isn't mostly defensive, like Zelda's is.

Again, not really valid arguments since it's just personal preference. I know lots of people who love Ghirahim, and if he winds up in, hey, good for them (and for you, too!), 'cause I know that's going to make people genuinely pleased.

I just don't prefer him.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I really feel compelled to think that DLC characters may be coming to Smash. After MK8 is confirmed to have them, I can only see it happening for Smash as well. And I feel like with that, in my eyes, it makes some rumored and well liked characters more "DLC" material than core game. Characters like this would be Bandana Dee and Hades. Extras to two already represented franchises from Sakurai, so if after the game is released Sakurai decides to add some new characters he wouldn't have to go through "getting permission" to add them. Of course he'd have to go through Nintendo to check if it's even okay to create DLC, but I'm sure they'd see the value in DLC for Smash.

Also, it could be a great opportunity for them to release free characters to promote new titles. Say Miyamoto's new IP comes out and it's just doing alright. Not incredible. Nintendo then releases an update for Smash that adds in that character for free which is an incredible idea because it is free promotion for a new title. And Smash is sure to one of the top 3 games of the Wii U's life, especially if it has competitive aspects to make it last like Melee. Also, say a title is not doing so well that Nintendo wants to do well, say, an Excitebike reboot or something. Release excitebiker as a character = free promotion.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I would love to see Ghirahim but i don't think he will be playable :drsad: (I doubt that we will get another Zelda character in general)

If transforming characters weren't split we probably would have a new Zelda character but honestly Zelda doesn't really have any characters worthy of playable status outside the main 3.

Right, which is why I said unless they're separate. Toon Zelda alone, in my opinion would be low though.
Ah I didn't see that.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
My too sense;

I don't want Ghirahim in the game. I like him, but he's still a one-shot villain. If he made it in, it would be like if Malladus or Phantom Bellum or Yuga made it as a major representative of Zelda.

For me, it's either Pig Ganon, or Vaati. And Vaati has it rough, because the Toon timeline is already pretty represented.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Honestly, as far as Zelda newcomers go, I would be ok with Vaati, I'd die of excitement if Toon Zelda made it in, kinda excited if Groose or Pig Ganon got in, but Ghirahim I don't want in the game.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
My too sense;

I don't want Ghirahim in the game. I like him, but he's still a one-shot villain. If he made it in, it would be like if Malladus or Phantom Bellum or Yuga made it as a major representative of Zelda.

For me, it's either Pig Ganon, or Vaati. And Vaati has it rough, because the Toon timeline is already pretty represented.
Do you mean my two cents?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Ugh. Ghirahim. That overrated piece of garbage. I mean, I don't mean to insult the fan, but I'm not exactly a fan of effefeminate, useless puppet villains who have weird tendencies. Especially in a game that is marketed slightly towards children. Gross fart humor and spandex should be enough, no weird, pedophilac Demon Kings for me.

Got that out of my system. Continue with speculation.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I really don't need to make a support tier because of how simple it is. Basically, I support strongly Paper Mario, great support for ridley and the rest I either would like them without caring too much or I'm neutral but there's no hate tier. I said it multiple time that I'm playing smash for all the content not just the characters so this explains why if king k rool is confirmed, it would be good but I won't care that much (it's more I like/neutrality).

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
If transforming characters weren't split we probably would have a new Zelda character but honestly Zelda doesn't really have any characters worthy of playable status outside the main 3.
Then why not add another of the main three: Ganon?

Ugh. Ghirahim. That overrated piece of garbage. I mean, I don't mean to insult the fan, but I'm not exactly a fan of effefeminate, useless puppet villains who have weird tendencies. Especially in a game that is marketed slightly towards children. Gross fart humor and spandex should be enough, no weird, pedophilac Demon Kings for me.
I don't care for Ghirahim either, but there's no evidence of him being a puppet villain. As far as I'm aware, Demise was sealed for the entirety of the game. I imagine the prison Hylia put him in doesn't have the emails-to-the-outside accommodation ours do.

Morbi

Scavenger
Then why not add another of the main three: Ganon?

I don't care for Ghirahim either, but there's no evidence of him being a puppet villain. As far as I'm aware, Demise was sealed for the entirety of the game. I imagine the prison Hylia put him in doesn't have the emails-to-the-outside accommodation ours do.
Why have a second Ganondorf-esque character when we already have a second Zelda and a second Link? That would be pointless and a waste of a slot.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim does have potential to be a mainstay in the Zelda series, I'll acknowledge that even though I don't like him very much. I'd rather have Groose personally, just to see the rage that would ensue.

I'm going to need a bullet-proof vest for all these shots being fired. :urg:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, I was going to pin you as a Ganon supporter, but then I saw how much you liked Marth.
Ah, I just changed my "mains" to Marth because I am enjoying Fire Emblem. I just use those as cool little emoticons. Ganon is certainly one of my most anticipated characters and one of the only characters that I actually main. I would love to see him in the game.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Well, I sure do like this support chart idea, so here's mine!
Support Chart Roster.png

This list is based off the American grading scale, A-F without E.

A characters I significantly want.
B characters aren't must haves, but would be great.
C is for characters I kinda like, but are mostly meh about.
D is meh characters
F are characters I never want to see playable in Smash for several reasons, so this is more of a "failure to get me to support" area.

Aeolia

Smash Cadet
I liked Ghirahim in Syward Sword but he doesn't need to come back, his ''real'' form is not present in any other Zelda game and his character had a proper end, I'd rather see a Goron,a Zora or Vaati.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
He became a sword and died.
His fate was left ambiguous actually. For one thing, it's not like Fi transforming into a sword kills her, and they're most definitely related in some way. And, it's not like we see Ghirahim die. We see him disappear. And considering this is from a character who has shown he's able to teleport, it doesn't mean much. Additionally, he didn't have any trouble ditching Demise when Demise got sealed. The way Demise looks at his hand after Ghirahim disappears could easily have been a "Oh, you *******" face.

Nevermind that death means next to squat in Zelda.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Well, I sure do like this support chart idea, so here's mine!
View attachment 15578
This list is based off the American grading scale, A-F without E.

A characters I significantly want.
B characters aren't must haves, but would be great.
C is for characters I kinda like, but are mostly meh about.
D is meh characters
F are characters I never want to see playable in Smash for several reasons, so this is more of a "failure to get me to support" area.
If you don't mind me asking, how do you guys make these roster lists/predictions? Is it a program? Because almost all of the post have similar looking roster themes

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Assuming he even lived on inside the sword (which I doubt considering his rather violent rebirth), it disintegrates shortly before Demise meets his demise.
I think it's reasonable to assume he survived the transition into sword form, seeing as Demise used the Evil Master Sword in ancient times. Wasn't the disintegration effect similar to the way Ghirahim teleports? I don't remember I haven't played that game in about two years.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Wasn't the disintegration effect similar to the way Ghirahim teleports? I don't remember I haven't played that game in about two years.
Nope. Ghirahim's teleportation effect is little diamond-shaped pieces. When the sword disintegrates it just turns into smoke and particles.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Might as well.
A Tier: King K. Rool, Ridley, Kamek, Bandana Dee, Medusa, Toad, Meowth, Black Mage, Pac-Man, Isaac
B Tier: Cranky Kong, Captain Syrup, Funky Kong, Lief, Chef Kawasaki, Paper Mario, Vaati, Anna, Balloon Fighter, Andy
C Tier: Mach Rider, Bowser Jr., Dr. Lobe, Zoroark, Impa, Takamaru, Stork, Kraid, Starfy, Duck Hunt Dog

Aeolia

Smash Cadet
How would you feel if Link had a new Final Smash similar to Mega Man's?, just picture a bunch of Links from all the timelines slashing everything in their path, Toon Link could have a watered-down version with blue,purple and red Links.

Morbi

Scavenger
How would you feel if Link had a new Final Smash similar to Mega Man's?, just picture a bunch of Links from all the timelines slashing everything in their path, Toon Link could have a watered-down version with blue,purple and red Links.
I would not be entirely satisfied as Mega Man already has something similar, as such it would feel uninspired. But as a Legend of Zelda fan, I would quite literally faint.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I rather see him trip in LSD, imagine everyone turning into pots and go on a murder rampage.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
You shouldn't say things like this. It seems like it could easily lead to flame wars.
Other than that, I really like this trend of support tiers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom