• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I think The Moon from Majora's Mask should be in Smash Bros. He is too big but you can just downscale him and he wouldn't look ******** what-so-ever. He also has great potential for a moveset.. like... he could... um... he... Sakurai can think of something okay jeez.
He could roll around a lot.

Basically he'd be a clone of Sonic.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
John SSB4 Prediction Roster.png

This is my new prediction roster.
THIS IS NOT MY WISH ROSTER!

My wish roster is a bit different, and is more risky.

But what does everyone think of my prediction roster?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
View attachment 7984

Not bad. Unsure at Diddy and Dixie team, as well as Tingle, but those are understandable. Chrom and Lucina team is an interesting idea, but it's one I'm very unsure about in terms of likelihood. I just don't Daitoryo happening. I'm sorry, I just don't think it'll happen. Other than that it's fine

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Besides the obvious folly of Lip instead of Takamaru, this is pretty solid.

I would personally remove Tingle for...literally anyone else, and replace Chrom/Lucina with Robin, but that's just personal taste.

Oh, and that playing card fellow. That's not happening.

I do hope you're joking, friend. My people have no quarrel with you.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I think The Moon from Majora's Mask should be in Smash Bros. He is too big but you can just downscale him and he wouldn't look ******** what-so-ever. He also has great potential for a moveset.. like... he could... um... he... Sakurai can think of something okay jeez.
I think they'd add Young Link again before Moon.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
View attachment 7984

Well I do think that this is risky as well.
Diddy/Dixie duo is basically pointless, since the characters would play so similarly. What's the point of switching out?
I still think Takamaru > Lip, but I wouldn't mind Lip at all.
Daitoryo is an idea that I still believe Sakurai has never even considered.
Chrom + Lucina is a developer's nightmare. Just add one or the other.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
View attachment 7984

Pretty solid, but I do have some issues with it.
Diddy + Dixie - Not too fond of having these characters together, they'd fit better separated.
Tingle - Not really as important in the Zelda series as most people think; he's also rather unpopular and "old news" if you get the gist.
Jigglypuff - I don't really care if it's likely to happen, I really don't like Jigglypuff
Daitoryo - Who is this?

bionic

Smash Rookie
NNID
bionicsonic
But honestly, I think Little Mac, Chrom, and Shulk have a chance of making it into Smash.
I really don't think Ridley has a chance. The dude is too big, he doesn't have any potential for a good moveset, and he was a boss in Brawl.
I know Miis aren't going to happen because they aren't even characters, they are avatars. They also don't have any potential for a good moveset.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pretty solid, but I do have some issues with it.
Diddy + Dixie - Not too fond of having these characters together, they'd fit better separated.
Tingle - Not really as important in the Zelda series as most people think; he's also rather unpopular and "old news" if you get the gist.
Jigglypuff - I don't really care if it's likely to happen, I really don't like Jigglypuff
Daitoryo - Who is this?
Daitoryo is a character in Nintendo's old card games. He's basically Napoleon.
People want him as a "historical" character, but he doesn't originate in a video game, nor does he appear in one, so I'm skeptical.

If Lucario is staying, so is Jigglypuff.
I agree on everything else. Tingle is overrated here, and many who support him do so ironically.
Of course, this could be assumed for many characters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But honestly, I think Little Mac, Chrom, and Shulk have a chance of making it into Smash.
Good. Me too.
I really don't think Ridley has a chance. The dude is too big, he doesn't have any potential for a good moveset, and he was a boss in Brawl.
Oh ho ho.
I suppose that a character can't be resized, right? And please explain to me potential, since Ridley has a lot of what I call "potential".
I know Miis aren't going to happen because they aren't even characters, they are avatars. They also don't have any potential for a good moveset.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, it could work.
But I'm saying it would be hard to program.
Do you follow?
I'm disagreeing that it'd be hard to program, but I don't think most people think anything past "Ice Climbers where you can switch characters" when thinking Chrom/Lucina. That's my line of thinking, anyway.

Are we about to hit a too big argument already?
This is why I did my best to stay quiet.

Though, I do believe it's one of the laws of the universe at this point.

1. Time
2. Gravity
3. Any Smash discussion will devolve into arguments over Ridley, an FE Newcomer, or the 5th Zelda Slot

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I hope not, I'd rather not start this on the character thread the day it opens.

This is why I did my best to stay quiet.

Though, I do believe it's one of the laws of the universe at this point.

1. Gravity
2. Time
3. Any Smash discussion will devolve into arguments over Ridley
I'd say this or Zelda's 5 Slot and if we are getting one or not.

bionic

Smash Rookie
NNID
bionicsonic
Good. Me too.

Oh ho ho.
I suppose that a character can't be resized, right? And please explain to me potential, since Ridley has a lot of what I call "potential".

Characters can be resized. But they are upscaled, not downscaled. Not to mention, his structure is meant to make him look giant, he would look odd downscaled.
Villager is a different story. He is an avatar, but you can only really change his clothes/hairstyle and he's exclusive to one series. The Miis are FULLY customizable and are in a ton of different series.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Villager is a different story. He is an avatar, but you can only really change his clothes/hairstyle and he's exclusive to one series. The Miis are FULLY customizable and are in a ton of different series.
Ignoring the Ridley stuff...how does more to draw from equal less moveset potential...? If anything, the Miis would be easier to make just because they have sports, boxing, and plenty more to use.

Though it does seem that the Villager has used boxing and bowling at this point.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey, hey, guys, don't be like this, there's no arguing going on, just plain disagreement. He just said an unpopular opinion, is all. No need to get up in arms about it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Characters can be resized. But they are upscaled, not downscaled. Not to mention, his structure is meant to make him look giant, he would look odd downscaled.
I don't understand your reasoning on Miis.
Miis are fully customizable, yes, but doesn't that debunk your argument about them having no potential?
And Ridley can be shrunk down to Bowser's size, easily. Ever seen his Other M form? That would arguably work even better.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Fire Emblem. Roy is better than Chrom :troll:

But seriously...
The Queen Bee from Galaxy is is MK7 as a playable character. Mario can crawl around her like a flea.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You guys are getting worked up over someone who advocated the moon be playable then went on to say Ridley is too big.

Think about that.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Care to give a reason?
They are both very popular and iconic Nintendo villains from underrepped franchises.
Ridley can be resized, recency doesn't matter with DK.
Worry not, brother. We shouldn't let this thread devolve into what the last thread did.

We'll have our victory day in the hot sun, one day.

I say we end the Ridley/K. Rool arguments. If you have any gripes with those characters, take them to their threads, not here. They're too all-consuming.

bionic

Smash Rookie
NNID
bionicsonic
I don't understand your reasoning on Miis.
Miis are fully customizable, yes, but doesn't that debunk your argument about them having no potential?
And Ridley can be shrunk down to Bowser's size, easily. Ever seen his Other M form? That would arguably work even better.
Well those were 2 separate arguments. He doesn't have any potential for a good moveset. There's nothing he could really do.
Ridley would look ******** shrunk down to Bowser's size to anybody that plays Metroid. There's no way Samus would be able to fit in his hand in one game, than be the same size as her in another.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
oh boy a new character discussion thread

Jack's Roster 5.png

So this is basically my wish roster, and my prediction roster looks pretty similar. Basically the prediction roster removes Kamek, King Boo, Mallo, Wrestler, Cubivore, Sukapon, Shulk, and Slime, cutting it down from 63 to 55 characters.

Any thoughts on both rosters?

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Well those were 2 separate arguments. He doesn't have any potential for a good moveset. There's nothing he could really do.
Ridley would look ******** shrunk down to Bowser's size to anybody that plays Metroid. There's no way Samus would be able to fit in his hand in one game, than be the same size as her in another.
There's no way Bowser could be 50x Mario's size in one game, then be the sameish size as him in another. And yes, Ridley has a ton of moveset potential.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well I just finished my Wish Roster.
John Dream Roster.png

Just a quick note about Mii. I put him off to the side because I have this feeling he will be treated separately from the rest of the characters, like he is in the Mario & Sonic Olympics games.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Any thoughts on the both rosters?
My thought is that I really want to play Cubivore.

I tried emulating it and the framerate was so garbage that I couldn't do a thing.

I'd really like to see Cubivore get represented in Smash in one way or another, though the fact that it wasn't even mentioned in Brawl makes it unlikely.

bionic

Smash Rookie
NNID
bionicsonic
There's no way Bowser could be 50x Mario's size in one game, then be the sameish size as him in another. And yes, Ridley has a ton of moveset potential.
If your talking about Mario Galaxy and Sunshine, he shrinks back to normal once you actually beat him. Do you even own those games or do you just look at screenshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom