• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Nope, it's definitely the Assault model. Only difference is his earpiece/eyepatch thing being on the other side of his face, and the fur textures being slightly less detailed. (Why they did that I have no idea, bit of a waste of time. Well... time as in the 2 minutes it would have taken to do it :p ) The trophy is the same quality and style as the other Assault character trophies.

And I mean this with no disrespect, but I was almost crying from laughter at that ridiculous description. Of the Smash fanbase, most people probably don't even know about that codec. And even then, you have to use it at a specific part of the stage to see Wolf. And even THEN, the majority of people don't care about the model being changed. It was changed because Wolf is no longer playable, which everybody playing the game already knew. It's not some public display of "Oh, here's this character that used to be playable, but now he's not! Sucks to be fans of this character!" It's an Easter Egg. Something that, by definition, is hidden in the game.

Wolf being in the codecs is nothing special, I could make your exact same argument about every veteran character that was a trophy. You may think that some fans feel that veeeeerrrrrry specific way about Wolf, and to be fair you are probably right. But I could probably count the number of those fans on my fingers. Most people don't, most people who want Wolf want him back because he's a veteran, he was fun to play as in the past, not because it's a "Public humiliation towards his character".
I say we all stop our bickering, and unite to get cut veterans back,Lets let the Wolf loose! (Can't let you get loose Groose:troll:) (# :wolf:vs:4shulk:) Refreeze the Ice Climers (on 3DS mainly) (#:popo:vs:rosalina:) Lets make a man out of Lucas (couldn't think of anything else, also if some joker posts that song... then well I guess you want to make a man out of Lucas)(#:lucas:vs:4villager:)
Let's unite!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I main Pichu and Lucas and I still prefer newcomers over veterans as DLC.
Some agree, some don't. The best scenario would be a mix of both veterans and newcomers. Maybe Mewtwo + Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. Then King K Rool + Bandanna Dee, Isaac, and Pious. This is a mere example of the possibilities for just characters.
They could do DLC, costumes, stages, music, and maybe even modes. Though characters are just the most popular DLC request. As soon as my last main returns, I'll start pushing more for my most wanted newcomers, as others might once they get their main back.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
:wolf: was probably the last character added to Brawl. I think with how little time they had after Brawl got delayed, that those exact sacrifices would indeed give them enough time and resources for Wolf. They can take away Smash Tour to if they feel like. I doubt that I'd ever play that.
The worst part about Smash Tour is that Sakurai is proud of it, http://www.gonintendo.com/s/244356-sakurai-explains-the-creation-of-smash-wii-u-s-smash-tour
Its not very fun. I would have rather the energy be put into more characters than smash tour, its just too random to the point where its not fun, plus the boards are bland.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I agree with another's statement above. It certainly bothers me that Squirtle and Ivysaur are, not only not ever even mentioned as cut characters, but that they are the only transformation characters to not become separate players. However, Charizard is not a public display of mockery for the other two.

Some agree, some don't. The best scenario would be a mix of both veterans and newcomers. Maybe Mewtwo + Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. Then King K Rool + Bandanna Dee, Isaac, and Pious. This is a mere example of the possibilities for just characters.
They could do DLC, costumes, stages, music, and maybe even modes. Though characters are just the most popular DLC request. As soon as my last main returns, I'll start pushing more for my most wanted newcomers, as others might once they get their main back.
In other words... never content.
I think it would be funny if a few veterans got in, and Wolf wasn't one of them; mostly just because he seems to have the most absurd vocal fanbase on Smashboards, of the veterans.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I agree with another's statement above. It certainly bothers me that Squirtle and Ivysaur are, not only not ever even mentioned as cut characters, but that they are the only transformation characters to not become separate players. However, Charizard is not a public display of mockery for the other two.

In other words... never content.
I think it would be funny if a few veterans got in, and Wolf wasn't one of them; mostly just because he seems to have the most absurd vocal fanbase on Smashboards, of the veterans.
I wonder which ones,:rolleyes: let me guess :pichumelee::squirtle::ivysaur::pt: would be the only ones?:troll: Also 933 support Wolf's return, join the ranks!
Also join Lucas' support petition too.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wonder which ones,:rolleyes: let me guess :pichumelee::squirtle::ivysaur::pt: would be the only ones?:troll: Also 933 support Wolf's return, join the ranks!
Also join Lucas' support petition too.
Lucas and Wolf were both in my top five used characters in Brawl.
Two of the other characters in that top five were PT and Ice Climbers.
I get the hurt from cut characters.

As far as loving a character... I just sincerely doubt the probability that a character means more to someone than Squirtle, or Red, means to me. There are some really personal experiences I've had with them for the last 17 years.
It sucks that they are cut. Absolutely.

I still think it is clear, even to Sakurai, that newcomers are what the series is about.
I support all veterans coming back, except for Roy, Young Link, and to a much lesser extent, Snake. I also see no need for Pichu, but then that would extend to Lucas as well if I am going to go that far. I don't think those five should return, their time in the sun has ended. Yet, people will find any reason to be unsatisfied, so it cannot be helped. I accept that as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually, Smash Tour is awesome.
Most of us beg to differ... also, the only good thing about Smash Tour is the final battles where players can play as several different characters (represented as stocks). THAT should be a new Vs. mode called Royal Smash (look for my post about this in the previous page). The rest of Smash Tour is kinda meh and the mode is only good for unlocking Pac-Land.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The only veteran I want more than any newcomers is Snake, but even then he's tied fiercely with Rayman on my want list.

Putting veterans and newcomers together, my list would look something like:

1. King K. Rool
  2. Ice Climbers
  3. Inkling
  4. Wolf
  5. Lip
  6. Lucas
Most of us beg to differ... also, the only good thing about Smash Tour is the final battles where players can play as several different characters (represented as stocks). THAT should be a new Vs. mode called Royal Smash (look for my post about this in the previous page).
Yeah, Smash Tour is absolute garbage, but I'd kill for a way to pick a character per stock.

To have a four stock match with all of my mains going from Sm4sh > Brawl > Melee > 64 would be amazing.
:4duckhunt::4olimar::4gaw::4ness:

Or could you imagine a ditto match that went down the entire roster? It'd be long as hell but I would go for it.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I still think it is clear, even to Sakurai, that newcomers are what the series is about.
I support all veterans coming back, except for Roy, Young Link, and to a much lesser extent, Snake. I also see no need for Pichu, but then that would extend to Lucas as well if I am going to go that far. I don't think those five should return, their time in the sun has ended. Yet, people will find any reason to be unsatisfied, so it cannot be helped. I accept that as well.
I disagree. Smash Bros has always been a series whose focus is to bring Nintendo's biggest stars together in a single game. That applies just as much to veterans as it does to newcomers, if not more. Sakurai has made it very clear that he despises cutting characters, to the point that it's a painful process for him. And for good reason, people react so much worse to a popular veteran being cut then they do to a popular newcomer not making it in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I like smash tour.

I think it is fun as a random activity to play on occasion; it's just not very fully developed.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Lucas and Wolf were both in my top five used characters in Brawl.
Two of the other characters in that top five were PT and Ice Climbers.
I get the hurt from cut characters.

As far as loving a character... I just sincerely doubt the probability that a character means more to someone than Squirtle, or Red, means to me. There are some really personal experiences I've had with them for the last 17 years.
It sucks that they are cut. Absolutely.

With each character cut, more and more get upset, some even alienated. With every cut, that's just more characters on the waiting list, if it were me in charge, I'd say we're bringing back every first party veteran that didn't make the cut. Sakurai appears to be in the middle, he is considering more DLC, marketing isn't the issue, Nintendo's been doing great with DLC as of late, It's clear what characters people want, so that's not an issue, Sakurai gathered back the whole team to work on Mewtwo, Miiverse stage, Tourney mode, and 3DS amiibo support, the same team that made the entire game, so amount of workers isn't the issue, Sakurai is tired, yet he could simply take a temporary break, then come back to it, he states that due to the online, someone will have to keep working on the game, why not make it worthwhile and add some DLC here and there. We make character petitions out of fear that Sakurai has decided against our wishes, so that we can show him that there are many who want that character in, and that the investment will be worthwhile. DLC provides Sakurai with the opportunity to truly make Smash Bros Wii U/3DS the best character game ever. Does he want another Project M? Project M, a game made because of the dissatisfaction of Brawl's gameplay and character cuts. Does he want hackers to destroy his game and add in the cut vetarens and some newcomers all by themselves, to show Sakurai that he didn't do a good job, this is easily going to happen with Ridley, but Sakurai can still add in the cut veterans and some newcomers. Times have changed, Mewtwo alone won't be enough now, there are more character cuts, some more hard than others. The only way to have any sort of influence on a man like Sakurai, is with alot of people, unless of course you are his superior.
I disagree. Smash Bros has always been a series whose focus is to bring Nintendo's biggest stars together in a single game. That applies just as much to veterans as it does to newcomers, if not more. Sakurai has made it very clear that he despises cutting characters, to the point that it's a painful process for him. And for good reason, people react so much worse to a popular veteran being cut then they do to a popular newcomer not making it in.
These words ring true, what were more people upset about, Ridley not making it in to Brawl, or Mewtwo not making it in Brawl?
Smash Bros is advertised as the coming together of Nintendo's greatest characters, so when characters like Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Squirtle, and Ivysaur don't make the cut, it sends the message that they aren't considered Nintendo All Stars.
We don't want them to go through what Mewtwo had to go through, no one should ever have to endure that. Take this quote from my Wolf campaign,
We must start this campaign now, its purpose, To persuade Sakurai to make Wolf DLC, or if Sakurai already is making Wolf DLC, this is to show our support and appreciation for doing so.
I really hope Sakurai is at this moment working on Wolf, so that when I or someone else present the list of supporters to him, he feels overjoyed that he's pleasing his fans, and that they aren't upset that he brought back Wolf instead of adding in someone else. I want to appreciate his work, I want to appreciate Sakurai,but if I am not truly satisfied with his work, how can I fully appreciate it. Each day yields nothing new, we are just waiting for Sakurai's word, we go insane, we get optamistic or pessamistic, we lose hope, we get a little hope. All we can do is wait to see if Sakurai will make the decision, that in the long run makes many happy. Sakurai is already hated by nearly every Ridley fan, and may never be rid of their dislike of him until Ridley is truly playable in a Smash Bros game. When Mewtwo was cut, Sakurai had to endure the anger of Mewtwo fans for nearly a decade, now he fixes that, and they are happy, Mewtwo is a Nintendo All Star again. Sakurai never said that Mewtwo would be the only DLC character, he said that he didn't currently have plans for anyone beyond Mewtwo, that means he has ideas of more DLC. Thus since he's open for negociation, we try to persuade him to include a character, vetaren or newcomer, he didn't reveal who the cut characters were, and hasn't mentioned anything about future DLC after Mewtwo since mid December 2014. All we do is wait, just to see if he'll say something.

DUN DUN DUUUUNNN!!!

Mario Party 9 was fun, I really liked the Bowser Jr. mini games, also 10000 times better than Smash Tour, if you play MP9 just right, your friends will hate you. Island Tour is probably just barely better than Smash Tour.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not all veterans are made equally, just being a 'veteran' does not mean the same thing. Some veterans are not all stars.
Obviously we have the Mario's, and then we have the Roys. Sakurai has stated he does not like making cuts, but more than that, he has stated AND shown us that he does not like repeating himself- he does not like making sequels, he does not like giving us the same formula time and time again, he does not like giving us everything we had only slightly altered.

When I say that the series is about Newcomers, this is coming from Sakurai's mouth- he has stated this. This is going by the assumption that, of course, we are going to get the majority of the veterans back, and it would be unfathomable not to. Of course that is true. Yet majority of the populous, I would find it hard to believe, bought the game, just to play a remade version of Ness for a fourth time. Sakurai knows the appeal of a new fanbase, a new idea, and a new character. One tiny quote about not wanting to cut characters, which he has shown us he is willing to do, does not keep in check the rest of his statements regarding characters, his actions in a series of games, and his entire career's history.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The draw first and foremost are the veterans. People may say it's the newcomers, but if you have a game with Mario, Link, and Pikachu or Villager, Rosalina, and Little Mac which one do you think is going to sell better? Of course a game with newcomers and veterans is the best of both worlds and maximizes sales, which is why that's what we get, but people who think the newcomers are the main draw only say that because they take the veterans for granted.

If newcomers were what the series was about.... there would be no need for returning characters. Certainly no need for a much larger roster of veterans than newcomers.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
With each character cut, more and more get upset, some even alienated. With every cut, that's just more characters on the waiting list, if it were me in charge, I'd say we're bringing back every first party veteran that didn't make the cut. Sakurai appears to be in the middle, he is considering more DLC, marketing isn't the issue, Nintendo's been doing great with DLC as of late, It's clear what characters people want, so that's not an issue, Sakurai gathered back the whole team to work on Mewtwo, Miiverse stage, Tourney mode, and 3DS amiibo support, the same team that made the entire game, so amount of workers isn't the issue, Sakurai is tired, yet he could simply take a temporary break, then come back to it, he states that due to the online, someone will have to keep working on the game, why not make it worthwhile and add some DLC here and there. We make character petitions out of fear that Sakurai has decided against our wishes, so that we can show him that there are many who want that character in, and that the investment will be worthwhile. DLC provides Sakurai with the opportunity to truly make Smash Bros Wii U/3DS the best character game ever. Does he want another Project M? Project M, a game made because of the dissatisfaction of Brawl's gameplay and character cuts. Does he want hackers to destroy his game and add in the cut vetarens and some newcomers all by themselves, to show Sakurai that he didn't do a good job, this is easily going to happen with Ridley, but Sakurai can still add in the cut veterans and some newcomers. Times have changed, Mewtwo alone won't be enough now, there are more character cuts, some more hard than others. The only way to have any sort of influence on a man like Sakurai, is with alot of people, unless of course you are his superior.
I call complete hogwash on this statement, and it comes down to the thesis. No, each character cut does not alienate consumers. Sure, it may upset people, but I challenge you to find fans you left the fanbase as consumers solely because their characters were cut. Even the adament minority on the web are still involved in this game today.
On the flipside, every new character you add is a briliiant new chance to get an entire new crowd involved in the game, particularly if it is from a new franchise entirely, though that may not always be the case. A new character being playable opens up the game to anyone who has played that character's game, but not Smash bros. This process does not work in reverse.

PS- Project M being made had nothing to do with characters being cut- it was made solely out of fans/savvy gamers wanting Brawl to play more like Melee. The eventual addition of characters does not visibly reflect this humble beginning, but that does not change its origins.

The draw first and foremost are the veterans. People may say it's the newcomers, but if you have a game with Mario, Link, and Pikachu or Villager, Rosalina, and Little Mac which one do you think is going to sell better? Of course a game with newcomers and veterans is the best of both worlds and maximizes sales, which is why that's what we get, but people who think the newcomers are the main draw only say that because they take the veterans for granted.

If newcomers were what the series was about.... there would be no need for returning characters. Certainly no need for a much larger roster of veterans than newcomers.
To echo the post right before this one, I again just think it is ludicrous to classify all veterans under the same heading. One veteran is not equivalent to another. Lucas, Roy, and Wolf are not equivalent to Mario, Link, and Pikachu; let us not make these excessive rationalizations which would require diminishing qualifiers towards characters we all would unquestionably agree are less-important to Nintendo.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To echo the post right before this one, I again just think it is ludicrous to classify all veterans under the same heading. One veteran is not equivalent to another. Lucas and Wolf are not equivalent to Mario and Pikachu; let us not make these excessive rationalizations which would require diminishing qualifiers towards characters we all would unquestionably agree are less-important to Nintendo.
If you're going to classify all newcomers as one entity then it would be flawed not to classify the alternative as one entity as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If you're going to classify all newcomers as one entity then it would be flawed not to classify the alternative as one entity as well.
I disagree to this fully, it seems to be a statement that ignores all logic presented and is instead declared out of stubbornness.

Anyway, I don't think anyone classifies newcomers as one entity anyway; at the very least, we have clones as a subcategory of newcomers. We could also group, both veterans and potential newcomers, into two categories. "popular" and "other." The problem here is that they wouldn't be the same for any two people, however, certain ones would ALWAYS overlap, such as Mario, Pikachu, and Link.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Weren't all veterans newcomers at one point anyway?
I care about the characters themselves.
I absolutely agree with this, Kenith.
To be fair, we've got Mario, Link and Pikachu already in Smash 4. I thought the veterans vs. newcomers debate was regarding who would sell better as potential DLC?
When used in such vague statements such as "veterans are important because," I think it is important to clarify the overgeneralizing many seem to place on the status of being 'veteran.' When an argument along the lines of veterans being the core of the series is brought up, it cannot be ignored- but that is because of the likes of Mario and other, unquestionable all-stars, not the likes of cut veterans like Roy and Lucas.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well...

Here's something new and exciting.

Sorry in advance for the crappy format. I'm pasting it as I see it. I haven't been able to deserialize the xtal and db files yet.

In SSB4\param\ui\ui_character_db:I found a very strange reference:

Ë
ÿÿ J Omakase c ÿÿÿÿ 454ÿÿÿÿ
Miifighter 12%ÿÿÿÿ Miiswordsman 23&ÿÿÿÿ Miigunner 34'ÿÿÿÿ Mario ÿÿÿÿ Donkey
ÿÿÿÿ Link
ÿÿÿÿ Samus ÿÿÿÿ Yoshi
ÿÿÿÿ Kirby ÿÿÿÿ
Fox ÿÿÿÿ Pikachu
ÿÿÿÿ Luigi ÿÿÿÿ
Captain &'
ÿÿÿÿ Ness
%&(ÿÿÿÿ Peach ÿÿÿÿ Koopa ÿÿÿÿ Zelda
ÿÿÿÿ Sheik ÿÿÿÿ Marth ÿÿÿÿ Gamewatch ,ÿÿÿÿ Ganon +ÿÿÿÿ Falco * Wario -ÿÿÿÿ
Metaknight ÿÿÿÿ Pit ÿÿÿÿ Szerosuit ÿÿÿÿ Pikmin
()ÿÿÿÿ Diddy
ÿÿÿÿ Dedede ÿÿÿÿ Ike ÿÿÿÿ Lucario ! ÿÿÿÿ Robot $%.ÿÿÿÿ ! Toonlink ÿÿÿÿ " Lizardon ! ÿÿÿÿ # Sonic " 01"ÿÿÿÿ $ Drmario $ ++1ÿÿÿÿ % Rosetta ' ÿÿÿÿ & Wiifit ( )*ÿÿÿÿ ' Littlemac ) ÿÿÿÿ ( Murabito * '(ÿÿÿÿ ) Palutena + ÿÿÿÿ * Reflet , ÿÿÿÿ + Duckhunt - #/ÿÿÿÿ , KoopaJr . 0ÿÿÿÿ - Shulk / *.!ÿÿÿÿ . Purin # "!)ÿÿÿÿ / Lucina % --2ÿÿÿÿ 0 Pitb & ,,3ÿÿÿÿ 1 Gekkouga 0 #"ÿÿÿÿ 2 Pacman 1 ./$ÿÿÿÿ 3 Rockman 2 /0#ÿÿÿÿ È Miiall ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ É Koopag ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ê
Littlemacg ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ë Question c ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ò Master ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ó Mcore ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ô Crazy ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Õ MasterCrazy ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ö Bakudan ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ × Sandbag ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ø Ridley ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ù MetalFace ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Ú YellowDevil ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ Û Miienemyf 7 ÿÿÿÿ Ü Miienemys 8 ÿÿÿÿ Ý Miienemyg 9 ÿÿÿÿ Þ Miienemyall ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ ß Virus ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ à Narration ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ á Assist ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ â Pokemon ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ ã Enemy ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ

The strange reference is of course, Virus. It's the only reference to it that I could find and it's also important to note that Nabbit is missing. (Maybe it's because Nabbit can't take damage...so he doesn't have a UI name?) My theory is that there was going to be a Dr. Mario stage (As Isle Delfino is his "home stage"), but due to time constants, it ended up getting cut/pushed over to possible DLC. However, this is the only reference to it so I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Here's the stage DB, just for reference:
ÿÿ : Omakase c / / ÿ 0.0
BattleField_f / /
BattleField_f End_f End_f Galaxy 0 0 Galaxy MarioU 1 1 MarioU MarioKart 2 2 MarioKart XMansion . . \ \ XMansion XDolpic L L XDolpic XKart M M XKart DKReturns 5 5
DKReturns
64Jungle " " P P 64Jungle Skyward 4 4
Skyward XOldin ! ! O O
XOldin
Metroid 6 6 Metroid XNorfair # # Q Q
XNorfair YoshiU
7 7 YoshiU DxYorster
$ $ R R DxYorster Cave

8 8 Cave XHalberd % % S S XHalberd Assault : : Assault XStarfox ' ' U U XStarfox Kalos 3 3 Kalos XStadium N N XStadium XFzero * * X X XFzero PikminU
< <! PikminU Colloseum_f

; ; Colloseum_f XEmblem ( ( V V XEmblem Gamer > > Gamer DxOnett + + Y Y DxOnett Village2 9 9" Village2 XVillage & & T T# XVillage Angeland = = Angeland XPalutena ) ) W W XPalutena ! Wufu ! D D+ Wufu "
Pilotwings # G G* !
Pilotwings # WiiFit F F$ " WiiFit $ PunchOut B C% # PunchOut % XenoBlade A A& $ XenoBlade & Temple - - [ [ % DxShrine ' DuckHunt ? ?' & DuckHunt ( Wrecking @ @) ' Wrecking ) XDonkey , , Z Z( ( XDonkey * Gw3 K K ) Gw3 + Wily J J- * Wily , Pacland I I. + Pacland - Windyhill H H, , Windyhill . Miiverse " E E ÿ Miiverse /
BattleField_l l l / / - BattleFieldL_f È MenuMusic ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ . Menu É
WorldSmash c ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿ 0.0 Ê
BattleField_k c ] ] ] ] ÿ 0.0 Ë Allstar_f c ^ ^ ^ ^ ÿ 0.0 Ì Homerun_f c _ _ _ _ ÿ 0.0 Í Bomb_f c ` ` ` ` ÿ 0.0 Î OnlineTraining_f c b b b b ÿ 0.0 Ï PrePlay_f c c c c c ÿ 0.0 Ð
FigureRush c a a a a ÿ 0.0 þ StageMake c d d d d ÿ 0.0

Here's the emblem reference list (ui_mark_db):
ÿÿ È smashbros
donkeykong starfox kirby fzero
metroid mother pokemon zelda mario

yoshi
fireemblem
gamewatch
pikmin wario palutena famicomrobot sonic plankton touch doubutsu wiifit
xenoblade punchout duckhunt rhythm rockman
nintendogs miiplaza pacman tomodachi wreckingcrew !
wuhuisland " miiverse #
lightplane $
braintraining % balloonfight & diary c etc  cs_all ‘ cs_equip ’
cs_special “ cs_miiparts ”
cs_miibody • figure – money — stage ˜ sticket ™ cd š soft › mb ô
fsi_moveup õ
fsi_jumpup ö fsi_atkup ÷
fsi_specialup ù
fsi_itemup ú fsi_defup û fsi_allup ü
fg_fighter ý fg_companion þ fg_finalarts ÿ fg_item fg_assistfigure fg_pokeball fg_ws fg_fs fg_enemy fg_stage fg_series fg_etc fs_item ½ m_retnormal ¾ m_rethold ¿ m_x0001 À m_reset ó m_stage  m_fighter à m_friend Ä
m_download Å m_loading Æ m_nowloading Ç m_team È m_exitmulti Ê m_rulenormal Ë m_ruletimelimit Ì m_customize Í m_rulehandicap Î m_ruleblowratio Ï m_rulestaeselect Ð m_rulestock Ñ m_ruleadditonal Ò m_ra_stocklimit Ó m_ra_teamattack Ô m_ra_pausefunction Õ m_ra_scoredisplay Ö m_ra_damagedisplay × m_ra_randomstage Ø m_miifighter Ù m_miishooter Ú
m_miisordsman Û m_figlist_rotate Ü m_figlist_move Ý m_tr_lock Þ m_tr_camera ß m_tr_fixedcamera à m_tr_zoomin á m_time â
m_ra_selfmiss ã m_popup ä m_title å m_main æ m_clear ç m_ar è m_info é m_wiiu ê m_pass ë m_arcade ì m_pad1 í m_tds É m_melee î m_rule ï m_rule_item ð
m_rule_add ñ m_rule_stage ò m_chara ó m_stage ô m_result õ m_chara_8 ö
m_result_8 ÷
m_melee_multi ø m_melee_newg ù
m_wifi_friend ú
m_friend_list û m_wifi_other ü m_wifi_enjoy ý m_wifi_serious þ
m_wifi_record ÿ m_wifi_watch m_watch_list m_wifi_share m_share_replay m_share_list
m_share_photo m_share_mii
m_share_stage m_wifi_event
m_event_compe m_event_conq
m_wifi_tour m_field m_result_field1
m_other m_other_one m_diffi m_order m_order m_order m_order m_order_stage_m
m_order_stock m_order_stage_c m_order_how m_world m_event m_other_all m_stadium m_stadium_spar m_other_chrmake m_chrmake_cs
m_chrmake_mii m_other_stgmake ! m_other_col " m_col_fig #
m_flg_list $
m_fig_disp %
m_fig_coin &
m_fig_shop ' m_fig_box ( m_col_album ) m_col_replay * m_col_sound + m_col_record , m_col_record_vs - m_record_count .
m_record_info / m_record_bonus 0 m_other_option 1 m_option_vibrate 2 m_option_button 3 m_option_sound 4 m_option_border 5 m_option_pos 6
m_option_wifi 7 m_option_profile 8 m_option_camera 9 m_option_mymusic : m_from_offical ;
m_from_friend < m_from_delivery è mariocart

The interesting things in this one are: rhythm, touch, brain training, balloon fight, light plane. Emblems are used for characters, but they could be stages/ trophies too. plankton might be a left over from Brawl as it follows the order.
Rhythm Heaven had an emblem at one point in development.

EDIT:

Even more exciting news.

It was with the character emblems.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
gematsu confirmed
big surprise there

Also:
Touch may have been Pictochat.
Brain Training / BrainAge stage may have been planned?
Balloon Fight and Light Plane are obviously Balloon Fight and Pilotwings, nothing surprising there.
But Diary? I know Nikki's name in Japanese literally means Diary. Was a Swapnote stage originally planned too?

And Ice Climber isn't there at all, yet Rhythm Heaven, Brain Age, and Swapnote (I guess) are...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I agree with what DukeNapoleon said that not all veterans are equal. Just being a veteran doesn't suddenly make you a top tier blockbuster character.

We do take some veterans for granted, because we can. They're on lock and they're not going anywhere. If anyone even for a second thought Mario, Link, Pikachu etc were at any risk they'd be out of their minds. If newcomers weren't also a very important aspect of smash bros we wouldn't have a roster size bordering on 50. All Veterans were Newcomers at one point.

Blockbuster veterans (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Samus etc) are vastly more important than newcomers but I don't believe for a second that being a veteran automatically makes you more important than a newcomer. Although having cut veterans at all should be proof that Sakurai feels the same way.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I tried playing Smash Tour, but it's just so meh to play. I prefer Smash Run over it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well...

Here's something new and exciting.

EDIT:

Even more exciting news.

Reliable source or playing silly buggers?

EDIT: Yeah, it's a reliable source. Well knock the man down but that's a huge reveal.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I tried playing Smash Tour, but it's just so meh to play. I prefer Smash Run over it.
I prefer pretty much every mode over it. In any Smash game. It's so bland and I can't stand RNG when it's used like this.
I'll never let go of the notion that, in a game where the selling point is getting to play as your favorite characters, there's a mode where the whole point is never getting to play as your favorite characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Not sure if I should be happy a Rhythm Heaven character was going to happen or sad that it didn't happen

DLC PLS

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Theory 1: DLC characters will mostly be newcomers that didn't make the final release
Theory 2: A Rhythm Heaven character was planned
Theory 3: If Mewtwo DLC is successful, we will get more DLC characters.

Conclusion: Chorus Kids The Wrestler confirmed?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Conclusion: Chorus Kids The Wrestler confirmed?
I would rather have the Chorus Kids, but The Wrestler has potential for an interesting move set.

BTW: Here's the emblem order cleaned up:
smashbros donkeykong starfox kirby fzero metroid mother pokemon zelda mario yoshi
fireemblem gamewatch
pikmin wario palutena famicomrobot sonic plankton touch doubutsu
wiifit xenoblade punchout duckhunt rhythm rockman
nintendogs miiplaza pacman tomodachi wreckingcrew
wuhuisland miiverse lightplane braintraining balloonfight diary etc

I want to remind people that there is no official texture in the game files. Just a reference to it in the game's emblem database.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom