• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
My prediction based on a couple of the leaks, I don't think there will be DLC characters.

As for who I want in Smash 5, any of the characters above that don't make it in (sans Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Dark Pit)

1. Captain Toad
2. Inkling (Splatoon)
3. K. Rool
4. Captain Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
5. Krystal

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Oh boy top tens.

Post Robin Top 10:

1. Masked Man

2. Ridley

3. King K. Rool

4. Shulk

5. Isaac

6. Rayman

7. Paper Mario

8. Chibi-Robo

9. Mewtwo

10. Roy

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
In no particular order:
  • Isaac
  • Ridley
  • King K. Rool
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Paper Mario
  • Andy
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Porky
  • Masked Man
  • Mewtwo
The only list of characters that could still bring me hype. Given, Mega Man and Little Mac were my two biggest requests before this, and Villager and Robin were my favorite post-reveal additions, so even just one off the list would leave me satisfied with 5 newcomers that got me hyped. Of course, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more, but I'm keeping expectations low and hopes high.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
1. Ridley
2. K. Rool
3. Porky
4. Bandana Dee
5. Bowser Jr in the Clown Car

Don't really care terribly much about other possibilities, and even then the only one here I'm really crossing my fingers for is Ridley.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
One character I was secretly rooting for in place of Pac-Man is Klonoa, seeing as he's essentially Namco's secondary mascot. I've never played a Klonoa game myself, but I know he fights with a Wind Ring that can do things such as fire Wind Bullets and a few other techniques. I was thinking Klonoa could use the Wind Ring's elemental powers to manipulate items, foes, and solid projectiles on the stage. Imagine having him scoop up a troop of 5 Bob-ombs from a distance, just pulling them along with a wind effect, then lifting them up off the stage and chucking them overhead at opponents. All without directly touching any of them!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My Top 10 Post-Robin:

1. Mewtwo
2. K. Rool
3. Snake
4. Paper Mario
5. Shulk
6. Ivysaur

*Big gap between 6 and 7*

7. Ridley
8. Issac
9. Wolf

*Another big gulf*

10. Squirtle

I want Ridley, Wolf, and Issac more for the sake of their fans and their own individual deservedness than me really wanting them. Squirtle is there mostly out of obligation than anything else as I don't care if Squirtle is gone or not, only Ivysaur.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
If we don't get an announcement of some kind tomorrow, I'm gonna be mad (also because I'm the most impatient person ever). Also, when will we get a direct?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My Top 10 Post-Robin:

1. Mewtwo
2. K. Rool
3. Snake
4. Paper Mario
5. Shulk
6. Ivysaur

*Big gap between 6 and 7*

7. Ridley
8. Issac

*Another big gulf*

9. Squirtle
10. Don't really have anyone else to put here

I want Ridley and Issac more for the sake of their fans and their own individual deservedness than me really wanting them. Squirtle is there mostly out of obligation than anything else as I don't care if Squirtle is gone or not, only Ivysaur.
Put wolf at 10 :4)

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
My top newcomers in order:

-Ridley
-Captain Toad
-Captain Charlie
-Impa
-Bowser Jr.
-Inkling
-Serperior
-Sami (with Snake's moveset)
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Dark Pit
-Excite Biker
-Waddle Dee
-Cranky Kong

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh no... a list day, those are always... regardless, I should probably not participate; however, this is the immaculate opportunity to plague the thread with my propaganda!

(These are only newcomers, the only veterans that I truly care about are Ganondorf and Wolf).

1. Dark Pit
2. Black Shadow
3. Hades
4. Ganon
5. Medusa
6. Mewtwo
7. Ridley
8. Bandanna Dee
9. Flavia and Basilio tag-team
10. Beedle and Tingle tag-team

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Oh no... a list day, those are always... regardless, I should probably not participate; however, this is the immaculate opportunity to plague the thread with my propaganda!

(These are only newcomers, the only veterans that I truly care about are Ganondorf and Wolf).

1. Dark Pit
2. Black Shadow
3. Hades
4. Ganon
5. Medusa
6. Mewtwo
7. Ridley
8. Bandanna Dee
We could talk about the leak, ooo or dark pit

But for realio though, flavia Basilo for smash

Maxilian

Smash Ace

1. Dark Pit
2. Black Shadow
3. Hades
4. Ganon
5. Medusa
6. Mewtwo
7. Ridley
8. Bandanna Dee
Wait... your most wanted character is Dark Pit? :drohmy:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I suppose if we're doing lists of most wanted characters...

(Note: For the most part, this list has been static since I started speculating the roster)

1.) Mewtwo
2.) Robin
3.) Ridley
4.) King K. Rool
5.) Shulk
6.) Little Mac
7.) Palutena
8.) Pac-Man
9.) Takamaru
10.) Mii

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Within realistic boundaries (e.g. no Vanellope von Schweetz):

1. Solid Snake
2. Krystal McCloud
3. Paper Mario
4. Dixie Kong
5. Pig Ganon
6. Ridley
7. Sceptile
8. Captain Toad
9. Duck Hunt Dog
10. Toon Zelda

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
so anyone have any thoughts on maby a third metroid character being one of the many bounty hunters? i think its great way to get another metroid rep if sakurai truely thinks ridley couldnt work. (i personally love ridley) Theirs a bunch of Bounty Hunters to pull from Trace, Ghor, Sylux, Ghandradya, Weavel, and more. I personally believe Sylux or Rundas would work best though. anythoughts?

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
1337 pages! hell yeah!

I want Vaati, Mewtwo and my list ends there.
The others I would love to see won't make it in on account of being 3rd party, or by being too minor, but here goes:
Django
Sabata
Simon Belmont/Trevor Belmont/Julius Belmont
Soma Cruz
Zero from the Megaman Zero series
Lyndis (still an assist)
Roy
Tharja
Krystal
Space Pirate with Ridley final smash
Kranky Kong

Skins:
Hilda
Alttp/AlbW Link
Ravio
Eliwood for Marth
Dr Mario
Prince Fluff
Galacta Knight

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
No no no **** my life!, not Ghirahim!
Because, as expected, he is not deserving.
He's neither relevant to the series.
Nor is he popular enough in the bigger scheme of things.

:D sweet sweet victory.
Right about Robin
Right about Lucina
Right about Girahim

All I need is that Vaati confirmation.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Because, as expected, he is not deserving.
He's neither relevant to the series.
Nor is he popular enough in the bigger scheme of things.

:D sweet sweet victory.
Right about Robin
Right about Lucina
Right about Girahim

All I need is that Vaati confirmation.
If Ghirahim wasn't relevant to the series, popular or deserving, what makes you think Vaati is? he was only truly relevant in The Minish cap, and the 3 games where he appeared in weren't even that popular.

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
If Ghirahim wasn't relevant to the series, popular or deserving, what makes you think Vaati is? he was only truly relevant in The Minish cap, and the 3 games where he appeared in weren't even that popular.
I know right, he was so unpopular he was in 3 games.
He was so irrelevant that his game was remade as the anniversary edition for download on 3DS and DSi.
hm.... maybe you should count the sales numbers of the three games, stack them against Skyward Sword and it should be pretty evident which villain is more prominent :p

He is literally the only villian save the big bad to recur.

That's my stance on it.

Stay in denial... just like Robin or Lucina.. or Girahim

muahahahaha

this'll be fun

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Here's my perfect list:
1. King K. Rool
2. Whatever, I don't care
3. Nope
4. Doesn't matter
5. Nah-ah
6. Not important
7. Who gives a crap?
8. Boring....
9. Still don't care
10. Hell, it could be Sakurai's cat for all I care.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
He was so irrelevant that his game was remade as the anniversary edition for download on 3DS and DSi.
hm.... maybe you should count the sales numbers of the three games, stack them against Skyward Sword and it should be pretty evident which villain is more prominent :p

That's my stance on it.

muahahahaha

this'll be fun
If you say so :rolleyes:, honestly i think even Impa has more chances than him, that is if we are even getting a Zelda newcomer, and i always supported Robin so i was never in denial :awesome:.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

That's my stance on it.

muahahahaha

this'll be fun
What's with the unpleasant attitude?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
so anyone have any thoughts on maby a third metroid character being one of the many bounty hunters? i think its great way to get another metroid rep if sakurai truely thinks ridley couldnt work. (i personally love ridley) Theirs a bunch of Bounty Hunters to pull from Trace, Ghor, Sylux, Ghandradya, Weavel, and more. I personally believe Sylux or Rundas would work best though. anythoughts?
Ridley goes first. If we get Ridley, then sure, I'd love one of those guys. But Ridley goes first.

Wasn't the DLC part pointed out to be fake many times?
It was. But, considering we don't even know if the whole leak is real, it doesn't really matter, does it?

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Warning Received
you know, I never knew drinking the tears of disappointed people was so invigorating.
I guess I found myself a new hobby :p

If for some odd reason Duck Hunt Dog is in the game, right?
How would he even play?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
you know, I never knew drinking the tears of disappointed people was so invigorating.
I guess I found myself a new hobby :p

If for some odd reason Duck Hunt Dog is in the game, right?
How would he even play?
Well, if we go by that leak, the Duck Hunt Dog has a Duck accompanying him. And the objective of Duck Hunt is to shoot ducks, so...

...I'm not sure I want to know how he would play.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So? Robin is a newcomer from a series that exists in Smash. The trophies revealed in the direct were series that exist in Smash. Causation =/= correlation.

Impa may be in for all we know, but it won't be because of some BS arbitary fan-made theory.
So if we just happen to get both Impa and Ridley it will all have been one big coincidence? Get real. The links to Robin and Palutena were pretty clear and there's not much better way to link to Impa or Ridley. Don't believe in it if you so choose, but at least accept that there's reason to theorize.

I don't know if you're one of these people, but I find it really sad how people will believe any supposed "leak" but immediately write off a valid piece of speculation such as the trophy theory despite it coming down officially.

Anyway, my most-wanted newcomers (or semi in one case) have been the same since the Lucina/Robin trailer, and they are Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo. If we could get them (and throw in Impa as a bonus) and the veterans (minus Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur for obvious reasons), the roster would pretty much be perfect for me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, if we go by that leak, the Duck Hunt Dog has a Duck accompanying him. And the objective of Duck Hunt is to shoot ducks, so...

...I'm not sure I want to know how he would play.
Maybe the dog "fights" by chasing ducks while the hunter from the fourth wall (aka the person who is playing the NES game) tries to shoot ducks with the NES Zapper... and opponents are just in the way. Maybe Duck Hunt will have limited ammo (3 shots per round)... kinda like how Robin has tomes... and if the hunter takes too long to shoot a duck or he misses three times, the duck flies away and the dog starts laughing with super armor... so people are still frustrated that they cannot hurt the dog while he's laughing but then the dog cannot use special moves without bullets... and Down+B makes another duck fly out of the grass, starting the next round with three more bullets.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Basically the remaining Elite Four plus the Champion is all I care for. We got Palutena and Little Mac so I hope for K. Rool, Ridley, and the champion Mewtwo.

I also want Chorus kids and a Zelda rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom