• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark welford

Smash Ace
maybe youre right she could of been like a side instead of the main meal. the main meal is there to make someone full and the side is there to help make someone full. this my 35th comment the number of my favorite NBA player he is in my avatar

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A character having been cut is possible, but I think it's most likely a case of trying to beef up the roster to an amount that makes sense. They might not have come as far on the priority list as they planned, or they might have come farther than they initially planned, so they might be filling in gaps to make the roster fill up to an amount that makes sense and not hit a number that could skew things like the CSS. Lucina really does look hastily thrown together, I'd be very surprised if it's only for the reason Sakurai has stated.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What a twitst!

:troll:
The last thing I want to do is be nitpicky about spelling, but it's driving me question reality.

In all seriousness, Robin was Chrom's replacement.

I think Lucina was just put in as roster padding ala Melee.
Where do people keep getting "replacement" from? Unless there was a new development I'm not aware of, being considered =/= having gotten far along enough to get "dropped" like we all (assume) Mewtwo was in Brawl. I think it's much more likely all 3 were considered simultaneously, with no one "replacing" anyone.

And Lucina was fan-service in every sense of the word. I don't think there's been 'padding' on the roster since the last-minute Melee additions.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't think this is the case at all. If anything, Lucina was added as a bonus, she's not replacing a character. It was never stated anywhere a character was cut, and Sakurai's statement was, plain and simply, Lucina was different enough to get a separate slot. That's it. You've got to twist words to try and come up with this theory that Lucina replaced a cut character, when nothing like that was ever stated.
I haven't played FE so I always get confused between Shulk and Chrom, and which one was the hopeful that got disconfirmed by the latest reveal.

Anyway, Sakurai said that Lucina was 'lucky' to get in. And no he couldn't have realised that Lucina was different enough to get a slot. She was originally planned as an alt, which means originally she would've played exactly the same as Marth. They had to change her to make her unique because they had decided beforehand to change her from an alt to a separate slot.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The last thing I want to do is be nitpicky about spelling, but it's driving me question reality.

Where do people keep getting "replacement" from? Unless there was a new development I'm not aware of, being considered =/= having gotten far along enough to get "dropped" like we all (assume) Mewtwo was in Brawl. I think it's much more likely all 3 were considered simultaneously, with no one "replacing" anyone.

And Lucina was fan-service in every sense of the word. I don't think there's been 'padding' on the roster since the last-minute Melee additions.
I agree. Lucina was added as fanservice, not padding. They decided to take a popular character who was already an easy skin and give her a new mechanic. Maybe its to justify giving her a new slot, or maybe its because they found something she could do differently, but either way there's nothing to suggest she was "padding" but more a bonus addition.

I haven't played FE so I always get confused between Shulk and Chrom, and which one was the hopeful that got disconfirmed by the latest reveal.

Anyway, Sakurai said that Lucina was 'lucky' to get in. And no he couldn't have realised that Lucina was different enough to get a slot. She was originally planned as an alt, which means originally she would've played exactly the same as Marth. They had to change her to make her unique because they had decided beforehand to change her from an alt to a separate slot.
She was "lucky" to get in because they decided to do something a little different with her, that's all. It doesn't mean any more than that.

As for Chrom/Shulk, both are (well, were in the case of Chrom) highly requested hopefuls. If you don't know much about either series, I suppose it could be easy to mistake them, especially since Shulk was the one everyone thought would be announced the day Chrom was disconfirmed.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Double Posting Warning Received

Chrom was probably on the internal roster and when they came to the stage of creating a moveset he was dropped.

If you want some quotes from Sakurai that can help illuminate his process you can click in my signature.
Chrom was planner and worked on at least in pre production and was dropped in favor of Robin.
Sakurai even SAID so in his Famitsu interview, so I don't know where people come from thinking he wasn't replaced when Sakurai himself said so.

yeah it feels like random padding. She was just an Alt and then he decided he was going to change her to justify her having a slot.
it's suspicious. The simplest reason would be for padding the roster like Melee.
The more convoluted theories could be characters being dropped or removed due to any number of reasons.

Do you think Sakurai added her while dropping Roy because he had difficulty making Roy unique? possibly?
Just something that crossed my mind just now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Chrom was probably on the internal roster and when they came to the stage of creating a moveset he was dropped.

If you want some quotes from Sakurai that can help illuminate his process you can click in my signature.
Chrom was planner and worked on at least in pre production and was dropped in favor of Robin.
Sakurai even SAID so in his Famitsu interview, so I don't know where people come from thinking he wasn't replaced when Sakurai himself said so.
No, the interview didn't say at all that Chrom was on the roster and "replaced." It said that Chrom was considered. THAT'S ALL IT SAYS. It doesn't say Chrom was on the roster, it doesn't say he was cut, it doesn't say he was replaced at all. If you THINK that, you're reading your own theories into it. The article does not say anything like that AT ALL.

yeah it feels like random padding. She was just an Alt and then he decided he was going to change her to justify her having a slot.
it's suspicious. The simplest reason would be for padding the roster like Melee.
The more convoluted theories could be characters being dropped or removed due to any number of reasons.

Do you think Sakurai added her while dropping Roy because he had difficulty making Roy unique? possibly?
Just something that crossed my mind just now.
Why? Why would he care? If anything, Roy never even crossed his mind.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
No, the interview didn't say at all that Chrom was on the roster and "replaced." It said that Chrom was considered. THAT'S ALL IT SAYS. It doesn't say Chrom was on the roster, it doesn't say he was cut, it doesn't say he was replaced at all. If you THINK that, you're reading your own theories into it. The article does not say anything like that AT ALL.

Why? Why would he care? If anything, Roy never even crossed his mind.
Did you read the thread? Sakurai, before starting preproduction makes a roster that includes all characters he is considering.
So if he said he considered a character, that means they were on this internal roster.
In a much earlier interview with him he spoke about the reasons why certain characters get cut from the internal roster.
I didn't make this up, it's right there in my signature.

As for Roy? I hink Sakurai considered him. I have a hunch he put those characters on the roster for consideration and through his selection process eliminated the ones he deemed unworthy. Time constraints also lead to cutting of characters though.

Hence the forbidden seven from brawl.

Just click the link in my sig, rather than exploding in some kind of ragefit. It's just stuff he spoke about.

EDIT: excerpt = "All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings."

http://smashboards.com/threads/sakurai-sans-character-selection-process.361953/

It gives a very different definition to the word considered. I think I understand the problem. Having spent a lo of time trying to learn japanese and their culture I have come to understand the different meanings of the words they use. If someone says they considered something in japan, that means they tried that option. It's not the same as when Americans say consider. That just means they thought about it.

Considering something in japan is more serious, as if you're going to do it. Not just trying.
Which is why one way to reject someone is to say you won't consider their offer. etc.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The only other reason I can think of for Lucina getting un-alted and picked over more unique FE reps is for the sake of having another female character.

Whatever the reason, I'm convinced there's more to her selection than 'she's unique.' Even people who haven't played FE can tell she is literally the least unique rep option in that series as she's basically just a gender swap for Marth.

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
The only other reason I can think of for Lucina getting un-alted and picked over more unique FE reps is for the sake of having a another female character.

Whatever the reason, I'm convinced there's more to her selection than 'she's unique.' Even people who haven't played FE can tell she is literally the least unique rep option in that series as she's basically just a gender swap for Marth.
Which is why my prediction for her was an alt for Marth. I was right.
Then Sakurai decided to make her her own character.. whilst changing so little on her it makes me wish she were an Alt so I could play a female Marth.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If a highly requested character like Mewtwo or K. Rool doesn't get in, but someone easier to design like Dixie does, I'll be convinced that the Lucina saga was all due to time constraints.

Speaking of kongs, I feel like Funky is a real darkhorse chance to get in over Dixie. It seems like I'm the only person who thinks so though.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
If a highly requested character like Mewtwo or K. Rool doesn't get in, but someone easier to design like Dixie does, I'll be convinced that the Lucina saga was all due to time constraints.

Speaking of kongs, I feel like Funky is a real darkhorse chance to get in over Dixie. It seems like I'm the only person who thinks so though.
Or you know, Sakurai never planned to put them in on the first place.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Or you know, Sakurai never planned to put them in on the first place.
Sakurai considered Mewtwo. In a X and Y panel a person in the crowd asked if the new mega evolution of mewtwo meant that he would be in Smash. Sakurai was in the crowd himself since it was a pokemon event. He raised his hand and said they are considering him.

Where do you get your sources from?

"After a brief moment of silence, Ishihara and Masuda answered by saying they don’t have anything to announce about the new Pokémon (Mewtwo’s new form) today, and that they can’t speak on its appearance in other games. Sakurai then shouted out, from the audience, “We are thinking about it.”"

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700/sakurai-considering-mewtwo-for-next-smash-bros-games

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
Sakurai considered Mewtwo. In a X and Y panel a person in the crowd asked if the new mega evolution of mewtwo meant that he would be in Smash. Sakurai was in the crowd himself since it was a pokemon event. He raised his hand and said they are considering him.

Where do you get your sources from?
Sorry, I should make myself clear, I don't think that if Lucina get's in and Mewtwo or K. Rool don't that it necessarily means that she was added in over them because of time constraints, but rather because Sakurai wanted Lucina to be in the game and not the others.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Sorry, I should make myself clear, I don't think that if Lucina get's in and Mewtwo or K. Rool don't that it necessarily means that she was added in over them because of time constraints, but rather because Sakurai wanted Lucina to be in the game and not the others.
that sounds contradicting. He planned her as an alt and wants to put as many characters into the game as possible.
He then decides he wants to make an alt into a separate character with the main different being no sweetspot on her attacks?
In favor of adding a new character or a highly popular and requested veteran?

The notion that he wanted her in is correct, he planned her as an alt. But how he handled making her a character sounds like a rushjob since she's more of a clone than even Roy.

I am not sure I agree with your opinion because it simply doesn't make sense if you view it from Sakurai's point of view. It only starts to make sense if you consider time constraints, then it actually makes sense as adding a totally new character would take up as much time as having at least 6 clones.

This stems from the fact that back in melee, he added the clones rather than DDD because he wanted to fill out the roster rather than add a single character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
AreHave you ever actually met Sakurai? Much less probed his brain/asked him exactly what he was thinking as he was doing something?

I think it goes without saying that you're looking way too deep into some vague comments. 'Thinking about it' is not the end all be all magic phrase that means some wet dream roster/character existed or could have existed if not for some tragic reason ('time constraints/not unique enough/let's add in someone cooler').

Even if Chrom or Mewtwo were/are in the game, what does it matter? For Chrom, they had to "soften the blow" given that his disconfirmation obviously upset people, and with Mewtwo, even if he was in the game, he wouldn't outright spoil anything right there/on the spot. That comment was likely a generic "Do you even make games?" answer, consider Sakurai almost always dodgessidesteps character questions.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The circumstances surrounding Lucina's inclusion suggest time constraint issues. Changing a gender swap from alt to separate character this late on in development and saying it was because she plays different when she's virtually a complete clone looks suspicious. This is also coming at the same time he disconfirmed more unique characters from the same franchise for not offering anything new.

There is no way that Lucina, a character who is literally the 'cloniest' character both aesthetically and mechanically on the roster offers a more unique experience than Chrom or Shulk. That's why she was originally considered an alt. Something has clearly changed recently for Sakurai to decide to change an ult to a separate clone straight after disconfirming characters due to being too similar.

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
AreHave you ever actually met Sakurai? Much less probed his brain/asked him exactly what he was thinking as he was doing something?

I think it goes without saying that you're looking way too deep into some vague comments. 'Thinking about it' is not the end all be all magic phrase that means some wet dream roster/character existed or could have existed if not for some tragic reason ('time constraints/not unique enough/let's add in someone cooler').

Even if Chrom or Mewtwo were/are in the game, what does it matter? For Chrom, they had to "soften the blow" given that his disconfirmation obviously upset people, and with Mewtwo, even if he was in the game, he wouldn't outright spoil anything right there/on the spot. That comment was likely a generic "Do you even make games?" answer, consider Sakurai almost always dodgessidesteps character questions.
ofcourse he does, he's pretty smart.
I'm not saying any character is making it in or not, you're missing the point entirely.
I am using the characters simply because those were the examples brought forth by other people in the debate.
The thing is, Sakurai prefers adding a new character over a clone any day. He proved that with Chrom.
He said Chrom would feel like the other swordfighters, but then proceeds to talk about making Lucina from and alt into a character.
Doesn't that sound contradictory?
yet it happened.
This simply means that something happened, we don't know what, that made him change his mind.

This could range from time constraints (which happened before in melee) which could lead to a number of new clone characters, to other possible causes I'm sure.

The thing is that the melee incident makes us suspect that it may be another case of that: time constraints.

Another option is that maybe due to time constraints they can't add a character that was being considered and as such made an alt into a character to pad the roster.

The funny thing is, whichever way you view it, she was added to pad the roster.

About knowing Sakurai. I don't know him personally. I am a designer and I have studied it for a long time. I have read every iwata asks with Sakurai in it and various others of various other developers. I follow nintendo developers closely so I may learn from them. Sakurai is a visionary, like me.

By that, I mean that we can envision what the game looks like, how it plays, how it feels and how it sounds before we even start to work on it. We are very hands-on. We don't write billions of design documents and such, because we know we will have to do most of the work ourselves anyway. He takes full responsibility for his work and as such always works overtime, especially on Smash Bros.

Iwata and Sakurai talk about this a ton in every single interview.

Sakurai is a very driven person who has health problems since last year, but keeps working. It is now affecting his left arm. He still keeps working on the game. He said it may become a problem, seeing as he IS a hands-on developer, meaning he himself playtests, balances and does a lot of the game quality testing himself.

The reason Smash Bros is so smooth and always feels so natural and intuitive is because Sakurai goes out of his way to test, play and try every element of the game so he can then adjust, fix and tweak it to perfection. He isn't the type to just sit in his chair all day or only oversee employees. I think you should take a developers personality and work ethic, as well as their ideals and principles into consideration. That way you know what to expect when buying a game created by them.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
I think one possibility of why Lucina got seperated may have to do with the Amiibos, since all the Smash characters are getting them and Lucina is probably one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters, it makes sense to separate them so she would get her own.
But it could be for any number of reasons. Maybe Intelligent Systems didn't like that she was a Marth alt instead of her own character, maybe Sakurai put in all the character's that were planned to be put in and just threw Lucina in as a bonus. I don't think there is much point of speculating about it until we have more information.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I think one possibility of why Lucina got seperated may have to do with the Amiibos, since all the Smash characters are getting them and Lucina is probably one of the most popular Fire Emblem characters, it makes sense to separate them so she would get her own.
But it could be for any number of reasons. Maybe Intelligent Systems didn't like that she was a Marth alt instead of her own character, maybe Sakurai put in all the character's that were planned to be put in and just threw Lucina in as a bonus. I don't think there is much point of speculating about it until we have more information.
I agree with all options other than just adding her in as a bonus. We'll have to see the full roster.
If it's all weird and wonky and has a weird number of characters, then I guess she was thrown in as a bonus. Otherwise I doubt it.

mark welford

Smash Ace
im sure this will not be the final roster we have more coming maybe 2 or 3 more newcomers and the rest veterans maybe we wont see all the newcomers there will unlockable, unannounced newcomers and veterans who will be revealed on the Japanese release date maybe we wont see wario, R.O.B., Meta Knight, Ice climbers, Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf and/or whoever else until that fated/dreaded release to see the favorite character a person wants will be in the game

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The reason why it looks suspicious that Lucina got unalted is because Sakurai discarded other FE reps for being too similar, but then put in Lucina, who is the cloniest clone in the game. Making Lucina a separate character contradicts his reasoning for discarding the other FE reps.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The reason why it looks suspicious that Lucina got unalted is because Sakurai discarded other FE reps for being too similar, but then put in Lucina, who is the cloniest clone in the game. Making Lucina a separate character contradicts his reasoning for discarding the other FE reps.
That was early in development, though. He considered and discarded Chrom very early, in planning the game because he wouldnt offer anything different. The best guess would be Sakurai saw potential in Lucina being her own character instead of an alt, and put her in as a clone late in development. Tbh I dont think it contradicts his reasonings, it was very last-minute.

...what does this have to do with Shulk, though?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't see how Lucina, who is basically just a gender swap, offers something more unique than any other FE rep. Even if other possible reps would be clones, they'd still be more unique because they aren't just gender swaps.

It's related to other FE reps because Sakurai said he didn't put them in because of lack of uniqueness, but then puts in the cloniest character possible. If it wasn't due to time constraints then I'm pretty sure it was for the sake of having a female character have her own slot.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me it's as simple as this.

A character can't have an alt that looks and is modeled after another character, unless the character's name is generic, rather than an actual (first) name:

Generic names: Ice Climbers, Wii Fit, Pokemon Trainer, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager

It would be plain weird to play as Lucina where the name says MARTH and the crowd chants Marth, and everything. Even if it has to do with the game she came from, it's still weird and Sakurai wouldn't break THAT mold.

It's the reason we won't be seeing Falco and Wolf as Fox alts. Or Lucas as a Ness alt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That was early in development, though. He considered and discarded Chrom very early, in planning the game because he wouldnt offer anything different. The best guess would be Sakurai saw potential in Lucina being her own character instead of an alt, and put her in as a clone late in development. Tbh I dont think it contradicts his reasonings, it was very last-minute.

...what does this have to do with Shulk, though?
I don't see how Lucina, who is basically just a gender swap, offers something more unique than any other FE rep. Even if other possible reps would be clones, they'd still be more unique because they aren't just gender swaps.

It's related to other FE reps because Sakurai said he didn't put them in because of lack of uniqueness, but then puts in the cloniest character possible. If it wasn't due to time constraints then I'm pretty sure it was for the sake of having a female character have her own slot.
¿Qué?

Shulk isn't a Fire Emblem character. He's from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Lol I always get them confused.

Point still stands though. It looks like suss when you discard characters based on not being unique, then turn an alt into a separate slot, when they're basically just a gender-swap clone.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
¿Qué?

Shulk isn't a Fire Emblem character. He's from Xenoblade Chronicles.
He first said something about taking the slot of Shulk, but I see now that he gets Shulk confused with Chrom.

Lol I always get them confused.

Point still stands though. It looks like suss when you discard characters based on not being unique, then turn an alt into a separate slot, when they're basically just a gender-swap clone.
If they didn't have any time, they wouldn't have done it. It seems most probable that they had time and were allowed to make some last-minute additions, like what they did in Melee.

They added her as a clone only for the fact they had enough time to create a clone. To me, it doesn't look like they went back on their word. They simply had the time to make her a clone.

They discarded Chrom after considering him because he couldn't make him special and different from Marth and Ike. Then, they got Robin as the initial FE rep. Lucina was added as a skin for Marth. As time went on, I assume they had more time than they had anticipated, and they had enough time to make a character. So, they saw Lucina and said "we can make her into a clone". Since Lucina was seen to have potential, they added her as a clone of Marth with some different attributes.

I feel as if it's all about timing. Initially they didn't add Chrom for not being unique. Then they had time to add Lucina as a clone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lucina wouldn't have made it in at all if it wasn't for the fact that, in the original game she disguised herself as Marth and fought as close to Marth's style as she could.

To me it's as simple as this.

A character can't have an alt that looks and is modeled after another character, unless the character's name is generic, rather than an actual (first) name:

Generic names: Ice Climbers, Wii Fit, Pokemon Trainer, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager

It would be plain weird to play as Lucina where the name says MARTH and the crowd chants Marth, and everything. Even if it has to do with the game she came from, it's still weird and Sakurai wouldn't break THAT mold.

It's the reason we won't be seeing Falco and Wolf as Fox alts. Or Lucas as a Ness alt.
Debunked. Sakurai flat-out stated that it doesn't matter if a character has a different name, if they play exactly the same with the exact same build, they can be an alt. Sakurai CONFIRMED this when talking about Lucina. He just stated that they made Lucina slightly different, and they wouldn't have done so if they didn't have the time to do so.

If they didn't have any time, they wouldn't have done it. It seems most probable that they had time and were allowed to make some last-minute additions, like what they did in Melee.

They added her as a clone only for the fact they had enough time to create a clone. To me, it doesn't look like they went back on their word. They simply had the time to make her a clone.

They discarded Chrom after considering him because he couldn't make him special and different from Marth and Ike. Then, they got Robin as the initial FE rep. Lucina was added as a skin for Marth. As time went on, I assume they had more time than they had anticipated, and they had enough time to make a character. So, they saw Lucina and said "we can make her into a clone". Since Lucina was seen to have potential, they added her as a clone of Marth with some different attributes.

I feel as if it's all about timing. Initially they didn't add Chrom for not being unique. Then they had time to add Lucina as a clone.
Exactly. People keep suggesting that Lucina was added to replace a cut character, but that's never happened before. Lucina wasn't added to "fill in" a slot. She was added and made a separate character because they had time to do it. If anything, it proves the roster will be bigger than people are expecting, as if they had time to make Lucina, they clearly finished all the characters they had planned already.

This is also what happened in Melee. They had time to create one unique character or six clones. They didn't just randomly decide to do this, they finished all the characters they had already planned first.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

The thing about the Mewtwo question is that it wasn't even directed towards him, the question was directed towards some Pokemon reps, Sakurai was just a member of the audience, he didn't have to give an answer at all, and it's not like he was pressured into giving one, the fact the he choose to give an answer when he could very easily have gotten away with saying absolutely nothing is significant. This was at a time when the roster was already decided upon, and it seems kind of cruel for him to willingly hint at Mewtwo's inclusion (when again, he didn't have to say anything) knowing that he's not actually in the game.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Lucina, didn't Sakurai say "However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ." Wouldn't "the characteristics" of her attacks differing make her pretty much like Falco in Melee...or something like that? It means while they share the same attacks, she will probably effect opponents differently than Marth, thus making her more different than what people seem to give her credit for. After all, no one has had a chance to play her and see exactly what those different effects will be, nor has Sakurai showed us in a pic of the day as of yet, so I think we should all relax and wait for more information. I'm honestly tired of people getting worked up over this "clone" stuff. We've had clones for a long time, it's not the end of the world.

Though this may just be me, I'm happy Lucina is playable at all, clone or not. She's my favorite character in FE Awakening, so I'll be sure to play as her when I get the chance. Also, I'm complete garbage with Marth due to the tip of the blade stuff (I can never hit people with it), and most of my battles with him ended in failure. I always liked Roy better, I hardly ever be Marth at all in Brawl, but now that Lucina is here, I can just be her instead. I like how Marth plays, but I could just never use him effectively. I may be able to get Lucina to work though, I'll have to see.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
New roster roster roster.
Interesting Roster.png

Yes @KenithTheGatherer, I'm sticking with my old gut and saying that Ghirahim has a very good shot.

I really like the blend of this roster. Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, and Sakurai series are all balanced out on the CSS, so any nit picky OCDs will love this roster; and at the same time every character on here has reason to be included. 55 characters is a bit more than I expect, but I really love this roster and I might stick with it for a while.

Takamaru/Mach Rider may find their way on here later though.

And this is going to be bumped because the next page is probably coming soon, so someone quote me or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom