• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Bests in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
HAha ok how about $5.?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok....how about we play like 10 matchs and see who wins the most for no money? lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Deal ^_^. Random character match FTW!!!

felix45

Smash Lord
I can vouge for sand trap in having a good jigglypuff. I'm sure if drew took the time to look through this thread he would as well. he can pull some insane stuff with that jigz of his. oh and bluezaft had it right I'd say probably in the jigz department for texas.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I hope this doesn't turn into bickering, I don't want it to be closed.

Yeah, this should only contain mains, so people are only listed if they use them in tournaments or focus on them. Otherwise every single character will be dominated by the top 5 or so, and nobody will care. Xelic may be the best Pichu, but since he uses Link in low tier tournaments and focuses a lot on Bowser, those 2 would be included in the list, but not Pichu. (unless I'm wrong about his use of pichu, I just have never seen him play it)

Oh and JF, I've seen Sand play, and I do believe that he is more successful in tournaments with his Jiggs than you. But if you think it should be equal, then I don't see the harm in making it that until it's settled sometime later (perhaps JM's tournament?).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ahh $5 MM it is! So is the MM the random character thing or a 2/3 mlg?

forkgirl

Smash Lord
I'd say JF and Bluezaft are better Jigglypuffs than Sandtrap. I've played them all three, and didnt you like 3 stock him at a recent tourney, Chris? Nothing against Sandtrap

and as for sheik...Xelic?? she's like his 2nd character
Rob$, Xelic, Drew, and Lep (not necessarily in that order)...no one else should be on that list

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
The 10 character random is a $5 MM. If we tie at 5-5, then we use our mains to break the tie.

edit : Wow, that actually sounds really good.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
JF's Jigs is crazy. I just played it this last weekend.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
As I said, I'm not willing to compare myself to Sandtrap, I'm merely saying what others have told me. I know he is a good Jigglypuff, but so am I. Bluezaft, yours is good as well, altho I'd like to see more than just bair spam <.<;

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You only see bair spam because in Jigglypuff dittos, that's the only move you can do that won't get you punished. Watch me play something besides Peach and Jiggs and you will see me playing an actual, non-boring match.

I don't want to start an argument, but in all honesty, based on what I've played and seen, your basic gameplay with Jiggs isn't that great, but you're good with rests. I believe that both Sandtrap and I are better than you, but please feel free to prove me wrong, I'm not trying to challenge or insult.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I would like to play a non-boring match with you. And I realize you're not trying to challenge or insult. Neither am I.

And my "basic gameplay" is fine. I just have a different style than a textbook Jigglypuff, but it's plenty effective even without resting. I'll admit my spacing isn't as good as yours, but my Jiggly focuses on other things.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
This thread can become helpful for people interested in advancing their character by looking to the "bests" of that character. But for that to ever happen, the lists need to stay simple to avoid arguments, but ordered enough for people to confuse, say, forkgirl with Rob$. I suggest have a 1 spot reserved for the very best (FLT/Caveman for Marth, Xelic/Smiles for Peach, Zulu for Jiggs), and just throw names out that are good, but without names.

So for Sheik:
1.Rob$
Xelic, Drew, Leprechaun
Zac, forkgirl, tsetse, blah blah blah

Also, locations should be included with the name, so new people know who all they have access to.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
clear lack of Silas, Crono12345, and CORY on these lists

tsk tsk, shame on all of you

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Deciding who has the better *insert character* is even more difficult than power rankings by a huge amount. Why can't we just list main characters for people and go on with our lives?

Marth dittos are dumb
Falco dittos are dumb
Jigglypuff dittos are dumb
*repeated 23 more times*

Dittos are DUMB! I suck in falco dittos and I'm sure everyone in the top 10 can beat me in Falco dittos despite him being my main character

I think it's just absurd to think that someone clearly has a better main character than the next, and there's no good way to measure that except if you both play that same character in a tournament constantly over the years and see who fairs better in the long run.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
clear lack of Silas, Crono12345, and CORY on these lists

tsk tsk, shame on all of you
QFT

And... why does this exist again?

Seems pretty pointless/way too opinionated to me.

If someone can defend it well enough and explain to me how this can be something other than "I play this character better than (insert someone here) I should be on this list ahead of them!" then I'll keep it open, otherwise this should probably be closed.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Drew this is what bluezaft said and it seems resonable...:

This thread can become helpful for people interested in advancing their character by looking to the "bests" of that character. But for that to ever happen, the lists need to stay simple to avoid arguments, but ordered enough for people to confuse, say, forkgirl with Rob$. I suggest have a 1 spot reserved for the very best (FLT/Caveman for Marth, Xelic/Smiles for Peach, Zulu for Jiggs), and just throw names out that are good, but without names.

So for Sheik:
1.Rob$
Xelic, Drew, Leprechaun
Zac, forkgirl, tsetse, blah blah blah

Also, locations should be included with the name, so new people know who all they have access to.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I agree with everything Hylian just said!

Oopsie, I made a couple typos.

"ordered enough for people to confuse" should have a "not" before "to confuse"

"throw names out that are good, but without names." 2nd "names" should be "numbers"

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lmao bluezaft. I know how to get people to agree with me now! Quote them!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Isn't that wat the power rankings are suppose to do..? Advancing your characters to surpass the person above you is the exact same thing as power rankings of advancing your skill.
Ok well look at it this way. It is a list of people that are good with that character so a person trying to get good can watch them play/play them for experience to better their own character while the powerlist they don't use every character so someone might not know who plays certain characters in tournaments and with this list he could look it up and find the person relativly easily instead of making a thread asking who around here is good with so and so.

EDIT: Ugh sorry didn't mean to double post.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
how about people did what they did in the old days and you know GO to a tournament to find out who's good with who and the such ;x

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Because...when you go to a tournament you don't know who anyone is really (if you don't post much) and who anyone plays...and people are lazy XD.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i have quit WoW btw :p

and i did want to go to your's DoH but i was in memphis at the time :/

plus i have some small tournamentish plans of my own in the works :o

bluezaft

The True Zaft
If you look closely at my post, you'll notice I DIDN'T advocate a list. I liked the idea behind this thread because it would help people find people that play their character well to learn how to get better. As there isn't an ordered list, there is no one to surpass. I don't know if it would work out that way, but I think it's neat to try.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Why did you frown at me on aim today bluezaft? You should get on and explain yourself.

And um...this topic could be good for the community or a giant train wreck. That's my opinion.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol DoH..THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND!!!

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I were to find someone who is good with Falco and learn from them, I would go watch someone with National/International success (PC Chris, Bombsoldier, etc). It should be pretty common knowledge to know the top players for certain characters around the U.S.

Here:

Marth - Ken
Falco - PC Chris
Sheik - uhhh JBlaze? Dephen?
Fox - Mew2King
Samus - Hugs
CF - Isai
IC's - Chu
Jigg - King
Peach - Vidjo and many others. pick one.

There, a better list of people to look for videos of >_>

Sure, you can barely play these people in real life if at all, but.. I can only play with a small portion of the TX list, and I imagine that others are a lot less fortunate by living in areas that have less experienced players. You might as well just list people's locations and go look for help from those people cuz chances are, if the player is good enough, he knows how to play lots of characters at a decent level.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Hello Southwest community!
I have a few things to say.

This thread was made because I wanted more threads in the southwest forum, that way I have a little more to do than just sit at my comp browsing 4chan.com.

This is helpful like Bluezat said. True that we could easily learn form higher ups (PC, KDJ, Ken, etc.) but we can get the first hand experience formt he best in the state right here.

Plus it makes a lot of people feel good, whether or not it's insignificant, for being 4th best of a character in the state.

Your placement is based on Tourney rankings and whoever usually does better than the other.

Also, the only things going up on this thread are common tournament characters. I do commonly play Space animals and Sheik, therefore I put myself in all of those.

I am also going to put this in the first topic, with added information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom