• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes to DK's Moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imber

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know about the shield damage on DK's headbutt? Before now shield damaging moves were completely useless but since it seems like shield breaking is going to be easier to do in these games they could become very useful.

Luigi player

Smash Master
From the footage of the 3DS tourney it seemed like DK can't fall off from edges anymore during his grounded upB. This makes me sad. The downward angle of his arms also seems like it hurts more than helps.

Does anyone have some experiences with these two things?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Yeah, the armor drop tricksies are no more. I really liked those things, but I guess Sakurai said no. The downward angle is a boon in my book as you can hit higher and lower as well, but it doesn't trap opponents as well as it once did.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I forgot that Spinning kong also has some land lag on the soft land so no more Spinning kong to Dsmash anymore!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm curious is DACUSing will still be possible in the smash 4 engine.

DK's new dash attack does give him a boost in momentum

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
I forgot that Spinning kong also has some land lag on the soft land so no more Spinning kong to Dsmash anymore!
If I remember correctly, he always does that pose at the end of it now. Maybe, What if you can Spinning Kong into Shield to cancel lag.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
DK, Donkey Kong! He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well he's finally back, to kick some tail, his coconut gun
can fire in spurts , if he shoots ya, its gonna hurt, he's bigger faster and stronger too, he's the first member of the DK crew! HUH

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If I remember correctly, he always does that pose at the end of it now. Maybe, What if you can Spinning Kong into Shield to cancel lag.
This gave me the idea of doing the forward/grounded spinning kong through someone's shield and ending up behind them where they can't grab you. perhaps an up-tilt afterward to catch them trying to do an aeriel or something? Definitely gonna have to experiment with this... :)

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I figure everyone already knows his down+B can be done in the air but did anyone know it can reflect D3's spike guys?

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel if Donkey Kong threw barrels as one of his special moves? It would definitely benefit him if he has a projectile.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Dedede throws out those spike things (Gordo) only now an if you hit them with DK's slap they won't hurt you.
Dunno if this works against other projectiles/items.
So is it the mid air slap or on the ground? If its on the ground is it the shock wave that sends the Gordos back or his hands?

Skyline, we would all love the barrel throw. We've discussed it for years but at this point that ship has long since sailed.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Mid-air so far, haven't tried ground.
Good to know! I wonder what other properties that mid air slap has? Just one more thing that won't cause DK to be darn near useless against Dedede hahaha.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Good to know! I wonder what other properties that mid air slap has? Just one more thing that won't cause DK to be darn near useless against Dedede hahaha.
I haven't touched the King yet but DK is so good, so many people online using him too.

Gonna test the slap on other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom