• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changelist making made easy.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You'll need Windows to do this easy method of helping to find changes between Brawl and Brawl+ 7.0.3.

First, you need Dantarion's Dump GUI which is a program our wonderful Dantarion has made that dumbs all the information of a .pac into an easytoread text file.

NOTE: Don't check any of the options. :V

Download OpenSA2 Dump GUI (autoupdates to latest published version)

From here, you'll need to download and install Notepad++

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

The reason for this is that within Notepad++ there is a plugin that allows you to compare two open windows and displays the changes of what's missing/added in their respective version.

You know what that means right? No? Well lemme show you.

By dumping the info of a character's Brawl .pac and Brawl+ .pac into a Text, and copying info into 2 open windows in Notepad++ and activating the compare plug in, you get what you see above. This allows you to see where all the changes are on the side of the Brawl+ .pac txt as well as the changes to the coding, making creating a change list that much easier. And you can click on a specific spot on the nav bar to instantly navigate to where you clicked, making it even easier to sort through what you need to sort though. Add on the fact that you can customize the colors of all the changes to make it even easier to identify, and you have a method of creating change lists that practically does all the work for you.

The fastest method to doing all this is as such.

1. Parse Brawl .pac in TXT
  2. Parse Brawl+ .pac in TXT
  3. Open both TXT files
  4. Open Notepad++
  5. Copy all info from Brawl TXT and paste into Notepad++
  6. Press CTRL+N in Notepad++ to open a new tab
  7. Copy all info in Brawl+ TXT and paste into the second tab
  8. Press ALT+D
  9. ????
  10. PROFIT

And there you have it. If oyu need, open up a new notepad++ tab or something to keep track of all the changes and clean it all up and you're set. Enjoy.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I was gonna work on some of this stuff so I can get the flash changelist up because frankly I want to use it in my portfolio for the job hunt. Anyway, I have figured out most of the stuff but I was looking at Falcons PAC and here is an example of something I don't understand. His vBrawl d-tilt reads:

##########################################
# Subaction 55
Offset: @1EEAC
Name: AttackLw3
Moves Character,
Subaction Main0x55

@12158

And his Brawl+

# Subaction 55
Offset: @1EEAC
Name: AttackLw3
Moves Character,
Subaction Main0x55
@238F

What do the bolded parts mean?

Also, can we PLEASE PLEASE post these completed changelists somewhere so those of us that are willing to help don't waste their time cause someone else already did it? I'd hate to do Falcon and see one of you did him already.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
they're the offset numbers for what that sub-action id calls for when initiating actions

it changed because when PSA adds new actions to a sub-id it rewrite the entire primary root to the end of the .pac file hence the large difference between the two offset numbers.

...i think that's how you describe it. wouldn't mind being corrected btw.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So do I need to document that? Or just looking for things like changes in an asynchronous timer or changes in growth and base etc.

shanus

Smash Hero
You don't need to document the offsets for a labeled subaction for sure; random hidden subroutine offsets (a la samus bombs) might warrant a note (attn yeroc :p)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just wondering: Are Base Knockback and Knockback Growth labels swapped in the logs? It seems to be the case on my part. X_x

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Some other things that would be really cool to fix if you ever feel the need to update this dumper Dantarion:

- Special Offensive Collisions don't have any marked indicators, but Offensive Collisions do.
- I don't think the Dumper dumps Attributes. If it does I can't find it. @_@

still though this thing is AMAZING. thanks guitar hero cat and Dantarion. =V

:012:

Top Bottom