• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! - Young Link Returns. [Codeset + Voice Change Included!]

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I haven't been able to get stock icons to work with file replacement codes or riivolution.

What do you put it inside? I tried the common5_en.pac but it didn't work.
lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Hey Zeph I have internet channel on my wii and this message was typed by pointing and pressing A the entire time *****. I **** you not!

SoraRX

Smash Rookie
That might be it...

I haven't been able to get stock icons to work with file replacement codes or riivolution.

What do you put it inside? I tried the common5_en.pac but it didn't work.

Some things that might be the problem
Did you rename it common5.pac after you made your changes?
Did you remember to put it in private/wii/RSBE/pf/System?
Did you change the right files in the right directory in the pac file?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Hey Zeph I have internet channel on my wii and this message was typed by pointing and pressing A the entire time *****. I **** you not!
Don't feed the troll.
Especially after midnight.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Kinda silly of me to ask after I made a bunch of
stock icons for Young Link, but what are his six
official costumes anyway?

Just curious about the colours, not the sword
and shield combination...

Although, personally, I think he should just have the Gilded Sword
(so he has better reach than he did in Melee) and the Hero's Shield
( as that is one sexy shield) on all costumes. Easier than trying to give him
A bunch of combinations...Plus...Um...Majora's Mask's Mirror Shield?

I don't wanna sound shallow...But in my humble opinion...

That is the ugliest shield ever to grace The Legend of Zelda ;_;

I always dread the part in Majora's Mask where I have to give up my fav
shield for that one...
After all the light arrow does...Literally everything the Mirror
Shield can do in that game...Without a source of existing light needed... ;_; /rant

PS. If the sword were to end up as the Razor Sword/Majora's Mask's Kokiri Sword
on each costume as opposed to my suggestion of going with Gilded Sword, paired
with MM's Hero's Shield, that'd work fine for me too. Heck, ALL of LoZMM's swords
were awesome :3

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Smash character's equipment doesn't have to follow what they have in the games. Look at Marth. He doesn't have a shield in Melee or Brawl, yet in his game he has to get the shield before he can get the sword. So... yeah.
Also, these sword options are starting to remind me of Soul Calibur II and Link's Bug-Catching Net ;)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I always thought that Marth having the Fire Emblem/Shield of Seals in SSB would
look pretty cool...
...Plus, it would give a greater difference in appearance(more so) from Roy.
Considering they both have capes, similar armor, very similar boots, similar tunic, etc.

Oh my, slightly off topic I guess, but any word on YL's official costumes?
The curiosity is starting to eat me ;_;

Also, from what I've seen, that YL model is looking smexy :3

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
^^^ That model is amazing! With the PSA matched to that this project would be pretty complete.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Awesome. Finally out. I have been so hyped for that for so long. Mannn...

On another note, I have 1 of YL's sound effects in. Yeahhhh. Now that I sort of understand what I'm doing, it should be a lot faster. :D

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
But if I wait for the port, I also have to wait for a new PSA. And, that's kinda meh.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
What about the clone engine?
Still should be ported over Toon Link right? I mean if someone doesn't end up making a sound pack at least he'll sound almost right, plus it just fits right. Completely replace Toon Link with Young Link, then we can wait on the Clone Engine to see about putting Toon Link back in, if people even still want him.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
So do i nothing is wrong with TL infact i like him more then Link. Just Toon's voice fits better and young link is cooler then TL if their was a voice file for young on link i would replace link

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Personally I don't like Toon link, Young Link is way cooler and MM YL was the most ****** young link ever, there's 7 slots to be replaced and only 2 melee characters look like they might return, I'd say if people want pure TL back he would come back but the hybrid looks to be staying so far

In any case replacing TL with YL is definitely beneficial for people who don't use Riivolution, and even for Riivolution it would make less work for others, so I'd say that's the way to go, but maybe that's just me? <_< >_>

How did you get the hitboxes on the sword smaller btw? It must've been the animation edits, what did you do just move the sword bones back? Because I tried moving them forward to help that guy with the Fierce Deity Link vertex but that didn't change the hitboxes

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
what 2 do you think? mewtwo is doing well with the awesome model i don't even know what dr. mario needs roy is great right now the ones on more life support are probably this and pichu this there's that one model and pichu doesn't have a good model

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
So, I've got about 18 sounds left to replace, and 10 actual sounds files left. :3

I need the sleep sounds for YL from melee(Or were there none?) and the cheer sound, unless it would end up sounding out of place in brawl. Then I'll only have to double up/not replace 5 or so sounds. Which isn't too bad.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
I'm replacing Link's sounds atm. I might replace TL's afterwards, but for now I just want to finish Link. But I do need those two sounds from Melee. I haven't been able to find them

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I gathered sounds from Majora to use on Link. (I even numbered them to match Link's sound order in the sound test)

Melee voices are rad, but how much do you have done? I'd much rather have 'new' sounds inserted than old Melee clips. but I suppose I'm being too picky heh

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, now that I have all the numbers, replacing Link's sounds is easy. If you sent those, I would replace them.

The only reason I used the melee sounds is because I've had them lying around for years, and I haven't been able to find other YL sounds.

So, if you sent them, I would make a pack with those rather than the ones I have. Mine are really low quality anyway.

Link40

Smash Cadet
Oh, Tylerelyt, your already doing a Melee SFX pack ? Because I began to make it for Toon Link a week ago...

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
@Piks: Thanks. I'll get started on that tomorrow probably then.
@B2J35:When I'm finished, I'll upload the hex packets as well as the .brsar so you can replace them in the mewtwo sound effects.
@Link: Yeah, I made mine over Link though. I was only going to do TL if no one else did. So you can go ahead.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Were we suppose to insert them ourselves?
I have NO idea how to do this dude...

Link40

Smash Cadet
@Piks: Thanks. I'll get started on that tomorrow probably then.
@B2J35:When I'm finished, I'll upload the hex packets as well as the .brsar so you can replace them in the mewtwo sound effects.
@Link: Yeah, I made mine over Link though. I was only going to do TL if no one else did. So you can go ahead.
Ok, I should be done tomorrow or on Sunday.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
Finished. Got done yesterday, actually, but I had to wait for approval and I also had to sleep. So, here they are:

Full brsar:

Hex Packets:

There are a few that don't have voices replaced, most noticeably the FS, but this is what I'm doing for now. If you play with FS's off, all the voices you hear should be replaced.

Top Bottom