• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching! (PROVEN FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fair game, but still not very likely.

Sakurai has 7 incomplete files. He's shown before he likes to take the lazy route. I wouldn't put it past him to only put out those 6 clones, and Mewtwo in and say "Wow, I've really gone over-board with these downloadable characters!!1111111"
That's probably true although I will lose all respect for the man if a Toon Shiek appears. :psycho:

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Fair game, but still not very likely.

Sakurai has 7 incomplete files. He's shown before he likes to take the lazy route. I wouldn't put it past him to only put out those 6 clones, and Mewtwo in and say "Wow, I've really gone over-board with these downloadable characters!!1111111"
really, but hey, Id rather have 7 luigified/clones then.... not having 7 luigifed/clones

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
really, but hey, Id rather have 7 luigified/clones then.... not having 7 luigifed/clones
Let's see:

Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie
Toon Zelda/Toon Shiek (WTF?)
Pluse and Minun
Pra Mar (? This was one of the files but no one knows who or what its supposed to be.)

Quite frankly, the only one on this list that I'd be willing to download is Mewtwo unless he, once again, completely sucks.

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Let's see:

Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie
Pluse and Minun
Pra Mar (? This was one of the files but no one knows who or what its supposed to be.)

Quite frankly, the only one on this list that I'd be willing to download is Mewtwo unless he, once again, completely sucks.
Pra_Mar IS Plusle and Minun. Something about short versions of their Japanese names.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Let's see:

Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie
Pluse and Minun

Same here, but I'd download Roy too. And wouldn't even bother on downloading Toon Zelda/Sheik since... wat will they be useful for?

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
Is the picture related? If so, translate.

Sounds good if it is cheap. If not, **** you Sakurai.

Yeesh. You should be glad he is even concidering doing something like this, if it's true.

IMO Sakurai is very under appreciated by some people, it's like they act as if they deserve the game or something. :ohwell:

Anyway, I hope this is true. That'd be a really great addition.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I can't believe how this thread blew up. If you're going to go with your top 5 Brawl downloadable hopefuls, I'll go with....

1. Krystal
2. King K. Rool
3. Paper Mario
4. Midna/Wolf Link
5. Mewtwo

PS- UNEDIT MY POST, YOU *******S!

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Though this specific article is fake, Nintendo would have to be stupid (financially) to not have downloadable content. Even Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii is getting it <_<.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst at this point. I think we could all see this one going either way. Plausible enough to be true, but also there's that saying, "If it's too good to be true...it usually is."

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's cool. But a lot of characters already have other roles. Isaac's an AT and Ridley's a boss.

But maybe they could also be characters or something

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Let's see:

Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie
Pluse and Minun

i think that they won't have clones, but be luigified, so i would buy them all :)

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Though this specific article is fake, Nintendo would have to be stupid (financially) to not have downloadable content. Even Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii is getting it <_<.
Who said that this article is fake? I think it's real. It is in a magazine, isn't it?

Senor_Sega

Smash Cadet
I would buy every character I could, clone or not clone! It would be great if alt costumes could be DLC too! I'm surprised this hasn't been confirmed or debunked yet.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Erm is this only on wifi? Is there other ways to get the contents. It seems unfair to those without wifi.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Erm is this only on wifi? Is there other ways to get the contents. It seems unfair to those without wifi.
There are many more methods of getting wifi without a router. This kind of stuff is all the more reason to get Wifi, if all the stuff on the Wii that's wifi-enabled wasn't a big enough incentive.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
This is bull.

I don't have much time right now (unless I want to be late to class) but I went through the article and looked for every mention of the word "Wii" and read what followed it. Any mention of a Wii-ware channel or Wii points would require they include the word "Wii" but everytime they said Wii, it was in reference to something else.

I'll leave this thread unlocked (and Masterem unpunished) until someone has more time to confirm that this is 100% pure bull.
*Sigh* Well, I guess that's it then. :ohwell:

Getting my hopes up for nothing is not cool.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
I would buy every character I could, clone or not clone! It would be great if alt costumes could be DLC too! I'm surprised this hasn't been confirmed or debunked yet.
It has been debunked. Couple pages back, someone who knows Japanese says it has nothing to do with supposed downloadable characters.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It has been debunked. Couple pages back, someone who knows Japanese says it has nothing to do with supposed downloadable characters.
That means that this entire thing is false. I'm looking forward for this thread to be closed.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
*Sigh* Well, I guess that's it then. :ohwell:

For getting everyone's hopes up with false information, I suggest you ban this joker with extreme prejudice.
**** you. How about the fact that I'm passing on information. And it's more possible then anything for new characters to appear over WFC.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
They could use their unreleased data of the cut characters and make it downloadable over wfc, at least.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Can we just get someone to get a translation of this article, I know SP did a quick scan of it and did not come up with any information relating to the topic. However it seems that people wont stop fallowing this until it says that it is proven 100% false.

Can we please hold off on unnecessary posting (ex: posting I hope this is true!) until we get this translated.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
They could use their unreleased data of the cut characters and make it downloadable over wfc, at least.
It's doesn't matter if it's possible, there is no direct proof of that it will happen and most people aren't going to simply believe an article that a majority of us can't read without a reliable translation.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that they would do this. It's just more speculation based on junks files in the games file structure which I'll once again say means little.

muffin™

Smash Rookie
There's a news that a Wii ware for SSBB will come out called, SSBB :New Challenger.
The channel will provide new characters, new stages, musics, trophies and stickers.
But those are not free. You have to buy them with Wii points.
The points and the release date will be announced soon.
This is really intresting, so there could be a chance that new characters can be added still. Wondering if this is true or not, can the game read new challengers; and also, who would they add?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom