• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

chain throwing

suprneb

Smash Cadet
this isnt really a docmario specific question, but since docmario is the char i use most, i thought i should ask it here

when i chain throw someone and the person ends up flying BEHIND the direction i am facing, how do i turn fast enough to catch them again?

every time - by the time i get there, they're already on the floor and starting to recover, and i dunno what to do

whenever i try to chainthrow with anyone (doc, marth, fox) the same thing happens, and i dont know what to do :p

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
it's not as simple as good people make it look, but you need to hit the first frame of movement and do a dash then grab as you are moving toward the sheik with the d throw, or the fox, or falco with the uthrow.

I assume you only chain throw these characters seeing as they are rediculously good.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's not guaranteed at lower percentages, but at mid percents, make sure you are using jc grab to ensure your grab comes out faster (a few frames can make the difference with whether or not they hit the ground)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Upcarot to what everyone is saying.

Take it from somebody who doesnt really JC grab (yet), it's a **** of alot harder to catch people in chaingrabs if you dont JC grab.

Heck, the only way to really catch people in chaingrabs w/o jc grabs is

1) if they constantly DI to your front
or
2) if they dont DI.

JC grabs are you friend.

pockyD

Smash Legend
jump cancel grab

press jump (i find up on the stick easiest but it's possible to use x/y) right before you press grab; what happens is the jump cancels your dash and then your grab cancels your jump (assuming you do it fast enough), so you end up doing a standing grab (which is faster) instead of a dash grab

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
u can chain fox very effectively 25%-50% very easily and after u reached limit where ur opponent can get out of ur chaingrab try n finish off w/ an u-air n mayb to a d-smash

suprneb

Smash Cadet
yea i have no problem with jc grabs - the problem is the dash to the opponent... :(

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
You can do it you just need to be fast and like everyone has said you need to jump cancel the grabs. I did it with fox once and got in about 8 to a fair which was not bad. You can do it with d throw against fox if the damage goes 50% plus but you have to be very quick and it's even harder if your opponent DI's

Ronin686

Smash Ace
u can chain fox very effectively 25%-50% very easily and after u reached limit where ur opponent can get out of ur chaingrab try n finish off w/ an u-air n mayb to a d-smash
You can also chain grab a fox at about 100% with d-throws.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
acutally, you chain fox and falco technically at like 50% with the dthrow, but if the opponents DIs at all you can't.

Top Bottom