• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grabbing

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is one of the easiest players to be chain grabbed. This is major problem for me especially when fighting king dedede and falco so is there any way to brake the chain grabs or a way around it?

JCav

Smash Lord
yeah i also have a problem with this against lucario at 0 percent, anything besides blaster him?

ponchomanofdeath

Smash Rookie
i have the same problem because my brother plays as falco and sometimes dedede and if anyone can find a way if you already got in a cg to get out

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Falco honestly isn't that difficult. Once you're up to 60%, he won't be able to chain-grab anymore. I just turtle those first few dozen percents and not try anything risky. D3 is even less of a problem, unlike Falco, he can't follow up with a spike out of his CG so it's not as dangerous.

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Idk it seems hard but what I have done against Falco is actually Smash DI up and then I Down-B them away.
D3 is just like wtf lol
But as far as I know Ive just recently picked up Wolf and to me he has one of the best spacing games in the game
Constant bair with no lag
Good projectile game
Reflector always hits when coming down
Great DI
Powerful and alot of knock back hes good in the right hands

Opeth89

Smash Rookie
There was a post in the Mario forum about breaking initial grabs by immediately pushing A. It's a pretty good thread you guys should try and find it.
BTW it works.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
Spacing, and if possible, pick a stage like lylat cruise with a "tilt" or some other hazard that can prevent his CG or make it harder.

GreyWolfii

Smash Cadet
what you should be focusing on is understanding how to not get grabbed~

i know it sounds tough but if your lil rival seems to do nothing but grab as an offence from percents 0-30/40 make a habit of using lagless attacks, mostly airals ( pretty much Fair & Bair, Nair only if youre gonna finish it with reflecter/Dsmash) and DI away before you land. This method is safe for both sheild grabbers and Dash grabbers alike.

stopping his opener will force him to try new approaches and with this wolf has an answer for pretty much any attack falco throws at you. not so sure about Dedede..just abuse his lag.

one last thing..use your tilts

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Falco honestly isn't that difficult. Once you're up to 60%, he won't be able to chain-grab anymore. I just turtle those first few dozen percents and not try anything risky. D3 is even less of a problem, unlike Falco, he can't follow up with a spike out of his CG so it's not as dangerous.
Except D3 can chain grab you off the stage at any percent and follow up with a Bair that goes through you UpB and Side B.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
dont ever use wolf agaınst D3. cg off the ledge and then you get faırd to the end of the world. ıts depressıng. ı trıed spammıng reflector to get out but ıt dıdnt work, any ıdeas?

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
On a sudenote I've fallen in love with following up wolf's downthrow with a dash grab, seems to work pretty well. They can sidestep it or roll but if they roll away keep running and grab at end of roll, if they roll back let go of joystick then fsmash backwards if they sidestep charge a smash or pause on grab. Pretty good until they get to like 50% and fall down.

Top Bottom