• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grab to Dtilt

Hype

Smash Lord
When your chain grabbing and you've reached the edge of the stage instead of Fthrowing or Dthrowing and trying to edge gaurd you can hit certain characters with a Dtilt and it combos.

-At the edge of FD, Dedede's Fthrow kills snake (with no DI) at 210%
-At the edge of FD (not off), Dedede's Dtilt kills snake (with no DI) at 137%

This is a list of characters that can be hit from the Dtilt after a grab. Coincidentally all of the characters that can be hit by the Dtilt are chain grabbable and few can be infinited.

Characters that CAN be hit by the Dtilt:
Donkey Kong
Samus
Ivysaur (Hardest to do IMO)
Charizard
Snake
Yoshi
King Dedede
Wolf
Bowser (Dsmash works on any part of the map too)
ROB

Characters that CANNOT be hit by the Dtilt:
Mario
Link
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Game & Watch
Luigi
Diddy
Zelda
Sheik
Pit
Meta knight
Falco
Squirle
Ike
Peach
Ganondorf
Ice Climers
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Wario
Toon Link
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Lucas

Random Things to Note:

Although Donkey Kong, Samus, bowser, mario and luigi can be infinited normally some characters such as another Dedede (I havent tested for others) can be infinited in the same way BUT over the edge of the map. Since some of the characters can be infinted, it might be best if you CG them to the edge of the stage then infinite them a few times until they are at a percent where a dtilt will kill. M2K does this infinite in this video around 55 seconds in.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUmbuXZ7Jk

I didn't discover this, I just want everyone to know about it.

Hype

Smash Lord
It's not my discovery, I read it somewhere (can't remembe where). I was surprised at how few people knew about it though so I decided to post it.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Basically, it works on all the fat characters.

But by Samus does that mean Zamus can be dtilted aswell?

Hype

Smash Lord
If you are at a point where they will fall off the map after a Dtilt. there is a pretty big area in which it works. Go into training mode and try on slow motion if your having trouble.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I've known about this for a long time, you might have read this from when I said it, maybe or maybe not, but yeah this is the best way to kill a lot of characters especially since most people don't know about it. I actually figured this out within the first 2 weeks or so of the game coming out cuz I wanted people to be hit off the stage at an angle so I could bair them. I used to suck at doing it to Snake but then I practiced a little bit and I can do it like 3/4ths of the time now.

CO18

Smash Hero
This is not limited to the ledge. You can down throw---> Dtilt these chars regularly too.

I dont do it consistently though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Just something i think should be noted as an asterick next to bowser is that in addition to a d-tilt, bowser also ALWAYS takes a dsmash on any part of the stage after d-throw, and the timming is extremely easy. Only character who takes this for some reason though.

CO18

Smash Hero
Wow, Never knew that. He falls shorter than everyone else after a down throw which is the most logical reason.

CO18

Smash Hero
actually, i think its more because he is the biggest character in the game,
if he fell shorter i think he'd get standing infinited
What do you mean? Bowser does get standing infinited..

Maybe im not undestanding you clearly..

Samus-T

Smash Lord
dang man that sucks i was looking forward to seeing u there. oh well. next major regional haha

Vayseth

Smash Master
Correction: M2K did it to Wario (reflex) at FAST1 because of the smashville moving platform. Man, smashville... too broke.

Top Bottom