• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain-Grab making in the process!

Tax

Smash Rookie
Yup, I've been working on a chain-grab for ROB. It works on heavy weights perfectly; can't say the same about the light-weights. :urg: Well, yeah, this is how you unleash the inner ROB.

A>D-Tilt>Dash>Grab>A until they release>D-Tilt>Dash>Grab>Rinse and Repeat

I'll feel like a n00b if this has already benn discovered. :urg:

Sudai

Stuff here
It has been discovered. A while back actually. Only person it's a true chaingrab on is Ness. It's still very nice for percent build and it's a nice set-up. Once they figure out they can do something out of it, it's just a set-up game, but still a good one none the less.

Options if they figure out they can react:

Shielded DTilt: Mix-up number of DTilts and grabing them out of shield.
Spotdodge: Walk forward and punish however you feel fit. I prefer regrabbing if they're at low percents or FSmash at higher percents and when near the ledge.
Roll Away: Dash forward and SH FAir (other things are possible but a bit harder to do)
Roll Towards: Punish the same way you punish a spotdodge.
Jump Away: Projectiles or Chase.
Jump Towards: Angled FSmash or UAir depending on positioning
Jump Up: SH UAir.

Tax

Smash Rookie
It has been discovered. A while back actually. Only person it's a true chaingrab on is Ness. It's still very nice for percent build and it's a nice set-up. Once they figure out they can do something out of it, it's just a set-up game, but still a good one none the less.

Spotdodge: Walk forward and punish however you feel fit. I prefer regrabbing if they're at low percents or FSmash at higher percents and when near the ledge.
Roll Away: Dash forward and SH FAir (other things are possible but a bit harder to do)
Dang, this is embarrasing. Thanks anyway, Sudai.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's okay. There's no place that covers it too much right now, I'm planning to include it in something that's going up in a few days, though. Posting that out just helped me out anyway. XP

You should go read through "Overswarm Bestows ROB knowledge" though because I think parts of it are covered there. Even if it's not, you should read it anyway because it has a plethora of knowledge from all the good ROB mains, not just OS.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you

Does this mean its escapable?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
lmao have you read the Ness guide? XD It makes ours look like a three year old made it.
Ness has a very strong community. So does Pokemon Trainer, but they are more disjointed because they are essentially three characters and it's hard for them to make a unified decision as such.

On the other hand, the good chunk of the Yoshi community is pretty immature about their character's shortcomings, stifling their growth. And the Ganondorf community has sort of just settled into their character's tube of mediocrity and just decided to enjoy the ride (which is actually a relatively mature decision).

I'm hoping this will eventually be something similar to the ones in the Ness forum, but as for ATs...R.O.B. doesn't really use anything other than glide-tossing, wavebouncing, and gyro canceling, which are very quick to learn and incorporate into your game anyway. R.O.B.'s overall game is choosing the strategy for a given situation, anyway, kinda like Samus in Melee, although Samus was relatively tech-heavy, if I remember correctly...

masterbraz

Smash Apprentice
can anyone point me in the right direction of a tutorial on wavebouncing and gyrocanceling. Or at least a good read on it?

Top Bottom