• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGing marth... Shield-Cancel grab or regular dash grab, which is better?

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
BrawlLover stop spamming, no wonder your post count is so high. Ontopic, I believe that Dashing shield grabs are safer, not sure about faster though.

lain

Smash Master
On Marth's last stocks I always start cg'ing and then abruptly stop to let them dolphin slash. That's when I charge my jet hammer and walk over to them loll

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
get outa here bra, let me bring back the real topic here bra

marth should tolly just do the dash grab because it's the safest and has the most range of course, no fails there!
im sure we have your opinion already, you DO are basically in every other post... The shield grab works... period. You can get out of the dash grab with upb. Calm down... I dont know what your posting where, but almost 2000 posts in two months?!

3GOD

Smash Ace
Consider frame 1 the first frame of the dashing animation.

If you perfectly time the Dash Grab so that you just barely have enough range to grab Marth, you can grab Marth on Frame 18.

If you perfectly time the Shield grab, you can grab Marth on Frame 19.

Perfect Dash Grab is 1 frame faster (could potentially be more) for reaching Marth.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
um...get *****??? yes, go and continue to practice in training mode kid
I wish people wouldn't joke about ****... its a serious thing that people take too lightly because they dont know people who have gone through it.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
I wish people wouldn't joke about ****... its a serious thing that people take too lightly because they dont know people who have gone through it.
that i can understand, however, there are those who do not understand the non-literal term, do you? if not, i can explain, but in no way am i referring to the boobooaosdijgoiejweiojbeeboo

DZLE

Smash Master
Anytime I play against marth Its hard for me to get the timing down, so I usually get destroyed by his dolphin slash anyway, But usually when I get the timing right I can SCG him. Whenever I try a dash grab his dolphin slash is way faster and I just get hit by it and he tips me and i feel violated and then destroyed.
SCG is safer, and from my experience as a D3 main, If you get the timing right, SCG works best.
The timing is pretty difficult, though u.u;;;
That dolph-slash always seems to happen.

This is just a bad match-up.

welly321

Smash Rookie
n00b question

Hey guys n00b question here. I just started using king d3. When you say a shield grab does that mean i just hold shield button and hit grab button. I can do the dash grab but my timing sucks. How do you do a shield cancel grab? Thanks in advance

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, just press the shield button + A button so you do a shield grab. You do it right when you don't do the tumbling animation after the grab (if you're dashing).

lain

Smash Master
I just do shield grabs for characters that go a little further then others. It's just easier *shrugs*

RATED

Smash Lord
by doing shield grab u can get more grabs, to the one who asked buuman have a guide on why SCG is better, more grabs = more dmg. I hope that helps.

welly321

Smash Rookie
Yeah, just press the shield button + A button so you do a shield grab. You do it right when you don't do the tumbling animation after the grab (if you're dashing).
ok thanks i have been practicing im actually getting pretty good. I still cant believe u guys cant infinite grab some characters. I tried on training mode on donkey kong and must on spent an hour practicing and my record is six in a row.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Actually, you press shield THEN A, otherwise you're doing no better than simply pressing Z, or whatever you choose to grab with.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it works easiest for me if you hold shield while you're running a little bit after you dash, so the shield comes out, but then when you press A to grab it comes out as a shield grab. Idk. I guess just play around with it.

Top Bottom