• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

onski?

Smash Ace
this won't happen if people bring enough setups

edit: also, why not run a tournament?
children, i ran these tournaments stoned and alone most of the time. i'm sure you all can manage. i'm still working like a slave during these dog days of summer, so if anyone can coordinate anything; i give you my blessing

otherwise you'll have to wait until i can request a weekend off. then we can discuss former glory, CGC 25, etc

TheGoat

Smash Ace
We just need someone, probably who goes to sfsu to get proper permission to use a room. Once we get that the rest is relatively easy. I can help coordinate and stuff, but we need someone like that first.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow awesome stuff LOL.

i almost feel like mango needs subtitles with that mumbling. i understand him but

just barely because i'm used to the way he talks

reminds me of realllly thick british accents. i'm like... wait what? maybe brits would think that of mango? hahaha idk.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing (the subtitle thing, not the British accent thing lol). I didn't quite understand everything he said the first time I watched it

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
We just need someone, probably who goes to sfsu to get proper permission to use a room. Once we get that the rest is relatively easy. I can help coordinate and stuff, but we need someone like that first.
Idk if it requires all that. I remember once I was on my way to a tourney there and I asked some security guard to point me in the direction of the HUM building. He asked what was going on over there and I said a video game tournament - and he just goes "oh neat - I used to go to those too" or something like that.

I mean obviously not every SFSU security guard is a gamer but that's not the point--- the point is, as long as we clean up after ourselves I don't really think anyone's gonna care about a bunch of ppl hanging out in a classroom on a Saturday. Plus I don't think that building is really within earshot of any of the dorms so we won't have to worry about waking up sleepy students.

If it makes everyone feel better I guess someone (me? I don't go to that school lol) could ask permission and try to get all official and everything. The way I see it, though, it's highly unnecessary.

It's not like we're in there playing poker, with hundreds of dollars going back and forth-- I don't think someone's going to associate the player's pot with some shady gambling ring, haha. I don't really know what the rules are at SFSU but dude. There are soooo many things going on at college campuses worse than some nerds playing some video games.

AND THE NERD FACTOR HELPS! Srsly. And idgaf wat u say or how many friends u got or how cool you are, if you're going to game tournaments you're a nerd. BUT IT'S OK - Generally, school staff like nerds anyway. Understand what I'm saying? Like we're not seen the same way as someone who wants to have an open mic session or a breakdance battle or an orgy with a bunch of sorority girls.

Prolly just like... idk... if you're not bringing a cube or a tv, bring a bigass garbage bag. As long as we clean up after ourselves, I bet even without prior permission they'd let us continue the tourney even if like some employee just stumbles upon it mid-bracket.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, jeez. Ok, so what are the chances that SFSU will grant permission to a non-student? Am I going to have to wander around campus asking random students "Hey, do you play smash?"

Aero

Smash Journeyman
hi, i'm a grad student at SFSU. if you need my help, PM me and i'll give you my number. also, i just moved here like a week ago and would love to play casual smash, so PM me if you're up for that, too.

Walt

Smash Ace
Can anyone give me a ride? If anyone wants to pick me up contact me because I live like 4 miles from where I used too.

925-852-7095

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
This sexy young thang is looking for an equally sexy (trolololol) team partner.

Takers?

Top Bottom