• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CG %s?

Galeon

Smash Ace
Started this to find out the range you could cg shiek. I've read 0-40 but I've seen tourny vids of Shiek's taking it well into the 90s. Anyone have the numbers?

Hell, %s for Marios CGs on any chars'd be nice for reference but Shieks are the one I'm looking for.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
eeh...
watch SmashMac's Doc guide video.

in tourney vids, you might see some people getting chain grabbed at high percentage that you think he/she could be get out it..
that's because they don't jump out of it or their DI is not that good or trying to attack to get out of CG but that doesn't work, etc.
If DI'd properly or jump out of it... Shiek can't be chaingrabbed up to 90% or higher.

iMichael

Smash Lord
eeh...

in tourney vids, you might see some people getting chain grabbed at high percentage that you think he/she could be get out it..
that's because they don't jump out of it or their DI is not that good or trying to attack to get out of CG but that doesn't work, etc.
If DI'd properly or jump out of it... Shiek can't be chaingrab till 90s.
Shiek can be CG'd at lower percentes with Mario's D-throw, what are you talking about til 90's?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Shiek can be CG'd at lower percentes with Mario's D-throw, what are you talking about til 90's?
Heh, I'm assuming Maus accidentally typed that. After all, we all make mistakes online and he learned English like...2...3 years ago, I think.

But yeah, always end that CG with a Fsmash if they DI all the way left or right when she's able to escape out. Eh, those really old Brownmario vs CaptianJack videos actually show a good concept of how the Mario's CG should properly look from what I can remember.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Heh, I'm assuming Maus accidentally typed that. After all, we all make mistakes online and he learned English like...2...3 years ago, I think.

But yeah, always end that CG with a Fsmash if they DI all the way left or right when she's able to escape out. Eh, those really old Brownmario vs CaptianJack videos actually show a good concept of how the Mario's CG should properly look from what I can remember.
duh yeah. sorry.
my english suck ***...
I learned English for 4 years... I'm just not good at learning language -_ -

i meant to say..
mario CAN chaingrab shiek at low~mid % with Dthrow.. O_o
Ah my bad, sorry about that bro. No hard feelings.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think saying that is making him feel worse -__-

Just don't mind Maus lol

Eggz

Smash Hero
Mario can CG shiek from like 0-40 reliably, maybe longer if they continue to DI to the side.
Mario can CG Fox from 0-70 regardless of DI, but after that, if they don't DI they can jump out, so you wanna utilt them or dthrow smash.
Mario can CG Falco from like 5-70.

None of these are exact, they are just when I reliably see a character as chaingrabable.

Eggz

Smash Hero
eeh...

If DI'd properly or jump out of it... Shiek can't be chaingrabbed up to 90% or higher.
Double post due to laziness.

Don't ever watch a doc guide for reference to Mario's chaingrabbing. They are NOT AT ALL SIMILAR.

Doc can chaingrab starting and ending at lower percents easily.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Just figure it out yourself, it's pretty obvious...
RESPECT DOGYSAMICH OR ELSE!!!!!! :chuckle:

But really now Oo I wouldnt try to use the properties of Doc to know more about mario Oo because... they ARE different I dunno about the CGs though... Dont matter anyway^^

But wtf man Oo You can CG Fox til 70%????? Dont they even fly way up high even with 50?

Top Bottom