• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CFalcons place in 2v2

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Does he serve a purpose in teams? I rarely/never see him being used. What's the best partner for him, etc etc.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, cf is slippery and kinda hard to control, so often you will end up kneeing your partner due to lack of control. So usually they just go with sheik or peach.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
CF in teams = same rank in 1vs1.... just alittle higher.

CF is good in teams if your a pro like me ^_^'...

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
I'd say peach is the best candidate for CF's partner in 2v2's , but I thinks Samus is a decent choice because she lives to insane dmg percentiles. The knee is a bit of an unruly move, but after time you'll learn how to land it just right to not hit your teammate.

The main reason I like peach as my partner is that she can save me if I get caught of edge, and her Fthrow sets up for the knee rather nicely. And off hand CF is a tad better in 2v2 matches because you can randomly throw out knees sometimes and connect. Nothing like blindsiding an opponent who gets distracted edgeguariding you teammate.

Offhand Isai uses CF in some matches with Ken in 2v2 vids I've seen.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's just me, but knees are about 100x easier to land in 2v2 matches. Uair juggling is nice too, along with edgeguarding (you soar out while your partner looks cool on the edge).
Falcon Punch to a grab'd enemy ain't shabby neither.

EastCoastEddie

Smash Journeyman
He's quick so you can help your teammate out in a flash and knees in the back are friggin hard to see coming. Also, if you have good DI and a good teammate you can survive pretty high %'s because his recovery is pretty beast if you can save him from being edge****ed.

Overall he's a force in teams. He's got about as much kill potential as you can have.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
He's great in teams. With a Mario as my main partner, all he has to do is say "help" and i can get over to his side (unless being pillared :urg: ) and knee or stomp whoever is edgehogging/guarding.

It's perfect

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of Falcon in teams. He gets gimped too easily. He's a loose cannon sometimes. He gets comboed too easily. He can get hit by anything out there because he moves so fast that a stray attack can knock you out.

On the plus side, he makes for an excellent firefighter, so he works well with someone who can tank people and keep them occupied while Falcon knees for the kill. His speed makes for great splits in battle (Like, you knock someone off, run and help ally on other side, and come back in time). His UpB is a great saver for allies. His predictable recovery allows for easier saves (albeit easier deaths :p). His throws allow for great team combos.

But I would prefer another character in teams if you have that selection. Too many Foxes/Falcos/Shieks out there to take the risk.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, can I get your guys' opinion while we are on the topic.

My main is Dr. Mario and I second Mr. Game and Watch, Falco, Shiek, and Captain Falcon. Shiek and Captain Falcon I just recently picked up and am still practicing with, but that's beside the point. My partner uses Peach and Mewtwo, though in teams I don't think he's really going to use Mewtwo. So assume Peach is my partner. Which of those five do you think would be best?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Kash - you have to bring your best in teams. Doc is powerful and pretty sexy, so I'd go there, especially against floaties, however, all of the characters you mentioned are good in their own way, and I'd rank Shiek and CF over the rest in terms of potential.

Update - Mewtwo is the worst character in teams of all time, no Johns, and should never be used.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
Update - Mewtwo is the worst character in teams of all time, no Johns, and should never be used.
i'd say YL is. mewtwo atleast has good throws that can KO and can abuse his projectile with the help of his ally. YL doesnt have anything in teams. perhaps pichu or kirby when i think of it.

and on topic, naturally CF should be good in teams. i dont have much personal expirience, but having his great KO move, being very fast and able to perform quick painful combos should have him work well with lots of chars. another bonus is that its harder to edge gimp falcon on teams, and he is actually quite heavy, so its not that easy to KO him

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
I use cf alot in teams, hes pretty nice for grab knee combo's with your partner and as long as your partner is good at helping you not get edge guarded hes alright.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Thank you for the advice Technomancer. I was gonna plus rep you... but I don't see the button. Anyways, I'll take everything in consideration and just practice teams with all of those characters and see what works best. A little bit of trial and error wouldn't hurt.

Top Bottom