• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Europe needs more Brawl tournaments!!!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
if you could host one that would be good :) . i don't mind traveling for brawl as im very good so im confident in competing in that game , just money is a ***** for me loool ,

i do agree with earlier posts melee does attract serious competition but most players have left the community EK , Helios etc . and the known European players like amsah would only travel for melee .

if you want a good tourney host melee .

if you want bigger turnout host brawl

simply put .

so . do melee + brawl tourneys like america does .

as for the brawl only and melee only smashers just play both jeebus gawd **** -__-

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lool maybe i went off my wagon saying brawl has bigger turnout considering that epita is living proof .
if we host one tourney there is always going to be another group not going to it/not considering it , you just have to host both .

or make a poll . let the whole of europe vote on it . the game with the highest vote becomes the dominate game in tourneys ?

because in tourneys its all ways about turnouts right ?

how much smashers want to go to this thing right *

so if melee* was voted most favorite in Europe

A tourney host would know that melee is the way to go for a successful tourney .

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if you could host one that would be good :) . i don't mind traveling for brawl as im very good so im confident in competing in that game , just money is a ***** for me loool ,

i do agree with earlier posts melee does attract serious competition but most players have left the community EK , Helios etc . and the known European players like amsah would only travel for melee .

if you want a good tourney host melee .

if you want bigger turnout host brawl

simply put .

so . do melee + brawl tourneys like america does .

as for the brawl only and melee only smashers just play both jeebus gawd **** -__-
I thought you said you wouldnt travel for brawl lol.
And I dont see why melee players should input their time to playing that terrible game if they don't want to.
But I am all up for hosting both, I just wont play brawl and keep it away (FAR AWAY) from my TV.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree with Retroking. To attract as many people as possible it would be best to do both Melee and Brawl. As I said before: I can't host such a ig tournament by myself. I could need any help.

Aiko

Smash Champion
where would you be planning on hosting this? I think venue isnt really an issue, its more to do with housing.

Luma

Smash Lord
That sounds OKish. But when you compare it to other countires it isn't that amazing. After all, Paris is one of the biggest cities in Europe and there are only small tournaments and only monthly.
funny is you wanna compare this to berlin, we only got 1 active smasher here with 3 million people

Samochan

Smash Master
The place where I host triweeklies would hold like 200 people and it's totally free as well and has mattresses, internet connection, vending machine, 2 free tv's for use, nice kitchen, air conditioning, stairs to kick down peeps if they annoy you etc., but no one would ever show up here cause it's effing expensive and difficult to try and get to finland, never mind the northern parts. And noone cares about finnish smash scene anyway. >_>

Not to mention I wouldn't want to clean up the place afterwards, oh god. *_* Last big tourney was like rough to clean cause finns are not responsible for cleaning their own messes or helping me out, but this new place has like 2 times the rooms and 2 floors. x__X

Retroking2000

Smash Master
^ i can understand why he said that .

but for some players its too late to ever get into melee so realistically brawl is there only chance to compete in .

but yeah central europe does need to starting making tournaments there scene is pretty dead .

either do that or travel to /international tourneys

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
It's never too late to get into melee.

I'm a perfect example of someone who started with brawl, ***** at brawl, was introduced to melee through the scene, and has been swayed by the melee ways. Although I love brawl, you can't deny that melee is competitively superior, technically superior. And lets be honest, tripping? Brawl has a massive luck factor. Melee players hate brawl cos basically, brawl has a very small ability gap between good and bad players:

Bad melee players <----------------------big gap----------------------> Good melee players

Bad brawl players <---small gap---> Good brawl players.

Don't get me wrong I still love brawl.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
It's never too late to get into melee.

I'm a perfect example of someone who started with brawl, ***** at brawl, was introduced to melee through the scene, and has been swayed by the melee ways. Although I love brawl, you can't deny that melee is competitively superior, technically superior. And lets be honest, tripping? Brawl has a massive luck factor. Melee players hate brawl cos basically, brawl has a very small ability gap between good and bad players:

Bad melee players <----------------------big gap----------------------> Good melee players

Bad brawl players <---small gap---> Good brawl players.

Don't get me wrong I still love brawl.
Thats is actually true. Melee is a real competitive game and Brawl is a family Fighting game IMO. Brawl was not mean't be Competitive game In the first place.

Top Bottom