• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central California?

IxxI

Smash Fence
Yeah. It seems like theres NO smash scene around where I live. My friend and I were even joking at how the smash scenes are above and below us. If any of you guys are out there, that would be cool. ;D

MacD

Banned via Administration
where in central california

you've got melee players in fresno and modesto but idk what you consider central ca

IxxI

Smash Fence
California'd San Joaquin Valley. I live in the small town of Porterville, 45 minutes away from Visalia and about an hour and a half drive from Fresno.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I live in a small town called Porterville. There isn't much of a smash scene here, which kind of sucks.

DunSkies

Smash Journeyman
fresno has gotten a lot biger in the last 4weeks. they have 12man smash fest like 2 times a week.try to get in contact with one of them.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Wow you're from Porterville. Small world, do I know you?

Porterville used to be home to one of the best Central California smash crews. Zero to Death (ZTD), consisting of myself, ShadowCloud, Jobe, Tipdawg, Kamakazi, and a few others. We used to repeatedly **** Fresno and Hanford tournaments, and sometimes Bakersfield too (on the rare occasion they actually had one).

Have you heard of Level One gaming from Fresno? I'm the first sponsored smash player by that LAN center. I won every event there for about 6 straight months. It was pretty much my summer job in 2006. I left shortly after...but before I left I brought great players to Fresno tournaments, such as Mango, DSF, DC, and Mr. Pbody.

Lots of things have changed since then. ShadowCloud and I now live in Saint Joseph, Missouri. Jobe is in Socal. Tipdawg is in Fresno, and who knows where Kamakazi is.

I graduated from GHHS, btw.

Anyways, Tipdawg still spends quite a bit of his time in Porterville....you might want to give him a phone call. He's actually my best friend so I'm pretty sure I could get you two together to play. Strickly melee though....none of that Brawl noobness.

PM me if you're interested.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Can someone give me more information on the Fresno Weeklies/Smashfests? I attend school in San Diego, but I am home in the Central Valley during the summers and I would love to be able to play competitively during my time off. I live in Dinuba (20-25 minutes from Visalia and 35-45 minutes from Fresno) so if you ever find yourself there, be sure to let me know.

It's good to learn that a melee scene is developing in the Central Valley.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
No one lives that close to me, I guess.
Wow I love how you completely ignored my post. Are you looking for somebody to smash with or are you just trying to add to your post count? Don't ask for somebody in Porterville to smash with and then ignore the one post that talks about people in Porterville to smash with -_-

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I just moved to Tulare which is fairly close to Visalia and Fresno. If anyone wants to get down in some Melee, message me on here on MSN/AIM.

Top Bottom