• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CC - Smasher Assaulted for Using Smash Terminology In Real Life

North Carolina native Ed Shives has reportedly been throat punched multiple times by a friend for 'using Smash terminology in real life'. The incident occurred while the 16 year old Ed and his friend Ryan were at an IMAX movie theater earlier this week. It was there were Ed began harassing moviegoers by spouting a series of Smash related terms at them.

"Everything was a either a nice read or spotdodge. At first what he said bore slight relevance to the thing being commented on but it later diverged into nonsense," Ryan recalls. "People were concerned at first, then annoyed, and then self-loathsome, even to the point where some were even questioning the nature of existence right then and there."

According to eyewitnesses, they could hear Ed softly whispering in their ears statements like "nice backair" but before they could turn around to see who it was, he had already disappeared. Ryan said it only got worse.

Ed was apparently even harassing couples in the theater by saying that 'they weren't a good match up'.

"That's not even the bad part. At one point Ed started rambling off Tafo-esque stats of the likelihood that at least one person in the theater would develop coronary heart disease in the future. He actually had citations on hand to back it up."

It was at that point that Ryan decided he had gone too far and figured the only way to shut him up was by throat punching him several times. This didn't help.

"When I punched him in the throat he said that wasn't the most optimal place to punch if desiring to inflict the most damage and then he started suggested the spleen for maximum pain."

Eventually, a police officer was called in to calm Ryan and diffuse the situation. Ed however, only worsened the circumstances by inciting the officer's rage.

"He told me that the 'pedestrian-policeman match-up' was 20-80," said the officer. "I didn't know what he meant but judging by the nonsense he was spouting out at the time, I assumed it was an insult aimed towards me. Naturally, I joined his friend in beating him up."

Ed was later detained and is currently awaiting trial. The debacle made international headlines and even some persons of power chimed in on the situation, with Donald Trump somehow relating this to National Security.

Stay tuned on Smashboards to hear about what happens to Ed.

Last edited:
William "Wncozens" Cozens

Comments

I read the title and was horrified....then continued reading.

"They aren't a good match-up" Can't breathe...send help.

Satire is great.

Last edited:
Trump's been pretty controversial over this. Saying that the Second Amendment People could "do something" about Ed. This is how Falco mains are born.

I'll wavedash away, coming back once we get more information about the Ed/NS matchup.

I wonder how this will affect society's metagame in the long run...

Last edited:
This is just what I needed in my life. Not a bad pilot at all. The Onion is a great template to work with here. If you guys writing this stuff want even more absurd, nonsensical satire to aspire to, check out Clickhole. I think Clickhole-esque smash articles on a semi-weekly basis would probably fulfill my spiritual and emotional life needs.

In a few years we will look back and ask ourselves: "When were you when the official Smashboards news section became a series of **** posts"?

I can't tell if ****post or actual news...

If it's the former, then it's just as silly as other ****posting (except overly dark. I don't like it).

If it's the latter, then competitive Smash has gone too far. End of story. (Competitive Smash because casual Smash would barely, if not never mention wavedash, exploits, match-ups, etc.).

I'm also unsure whether this was worth my time or not...

I can't tell if ****post or actual news...

If it's the former, then it's just as silly as other ****posting (except overly dark. I don't like it).

If it's the latter, then competitive Smash has gone too far. End of story. (Competitive Smash because casual Smash would barely, if not never mention wavedash, exploits, match-ups, etc.).

I'm also unsure whether this was worth my time or not...
It's not real. The article description straight up says it's satire.

"with Donald Trump somehow relating this to National Security."
while i find this entire thing hilarious, I would not advise insulting political figures on smashboards. like seriously? that's a bad move for a community that is supposed to unify people for enjoyment. do not bring political narratives into your content, you will only push away those with differing opinions. The smash community is not about that.

with Donald Trump somehow relating this to National Security.​
Don't make fun of Donald Trump. People have deceived you into thinking he is a bad man, but don't listen to the news, they are filled with a bunch of satanic and immoral liars. Do the research on Donald Trump yourself, and also research Hillary Clinton. You'll be surprised. Donald Trump is the best thing america has going for it right now. Trust me.

Top Bottom