• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Causing pratfalls, and following up with double jabs?

smkdude

Smash Rookie
As a Captain Falcon main, I keep fairly up to date on the the Falcon boards. However, I haven't seen any mention of follow ups from causing an opponent to pratfall. (On stages such as battlefield for example)
Obviously an opponent can recover from the pratfall with an attack (there may be other means to recover, I have not explored the possibilities in depth) but I have found that playing against my friend's Donkey Kong, while he was shielding on one of the lower platforms of battlefield I have SH Uaired him, causing him to pratfall from the platform directly onto my Falcon.
Because he fell directly on top of me, (i.e the two characters overlapping) on several occasions I've been able to double jab him while he was still in the air, turn on the spot, double jab again, turn on the spot and double jab again, for a total of 6 jabs. They all connect because Donkey Kong is so big, and it may also work on other characters too.
I'd appreciate some discussion on this topic, as I'd like to see if anyone does this already, and if there are any good follow ups after, or if it can be DI'ed out of fairly quickly.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Pushing opponents is legit, because you're actually forcing them to move where you can get them easily.

A bair would work well there, I think. Jabs only work on big characters (in that sense you're talking about, of course the jab is the captain's best move)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It's tied with the Jab IMO.

But you can't really use an Uair after pushing an opponent off a platform, can you?

smkdude

Smash Rookie
So what do you reckon is the best option after intentionally pushing someone off a platform? Bair? Jabs? Maybe something else?

smkdude

Smash Rookie
Its called DASC I believe(Although that's just one of all the things you can do with forced pratfalls)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0
Thanks very much for the link to the video, this is indeed beefy... Never even thought of using a dash attack to make the oppenent fall off the edge to be honest!
Could possibly be used as a nice finisher, people tend to play more defensive when on higher percentages. :)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Gardex, you are my hero for posting that vid. I've already been pushing opponents off the edge using dash attack a lot, but actually combo'ing a knee afterwards? Nice...

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
how bout you all go colbal and just explode with ****?
oh wait i forgot
you can't in this game

something like this is not gonna help much
and even if it did
the opponenent has a better chance punishing everything else

jus sayin

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Actually, Captain Falcon is Brawl's best character for punishing (besides MK, he's on a league of his own).

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Actually, Captain Falcon is Brawl's best character for punishing (besides MK, he's on a league of his own).
woww

that is not true at all

but if you seriously think that

then good luck with everything man

i wanna see tourney vids of you and this mentality

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
Actually falcon is one of the good punisher in brawl but not the best. But that is the problem you have to make the opponent make a mistake and some characters are harder to punish.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Funny how you guys all main or mained captain falcon and yet you still insist on that attitude. Okay then, cheers.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Funny how you guys all main or mained captain falcon and yet you still insist on that attitude. Okay then, cheers.
What attitude do you have?

You main brawl falcon and cry in a corner and cut yourself because he's not top tier?
Poser.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
No Knee. I main Captain Falcon and I want to get better with him, improving my reflexes, my buffering, and the like. I don't want to say to people "Lol guise don't main him he sucks, use another character".

Even if it is the truth.

smkdude

Smash Rookie
C'mon guys, Falcon is pretty pooey to be honest, but that doesn't make him any less manly or fun to play as :D So any more ideas on what to do after causing someone to fall off a platform or is it time to lock this?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It honestly depends HOW you make him fall down.

If, for example, you make him fall of a platform using an uair from below, you have a ton of different things to do, some are better options than others. I usually follow your example and try a jab jab gentleman, and mix it up a little.

Top Bottom