• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Catonsville Smashfest Saturday, October 13th!

HAT

Smash Ace
Catonsville Smashfest-
Date:
Saturday, October 13

Place:
The Piano Man:

624 Frederick Road
Baltimore, MD 21228

Time:
Teams will start between 5 and 6. You can start showing up by 4:30.

Fees:
Singles- $5
Doubles- $10 a team
Venue- $2

Yeah, about the venue fee- I need to get more power strips and last time something was broken. Simple enough.

Set-ups:
Bring a TV and a cube, please. It'll make life a lot easier for all of us.

_

This is the first installment in (hopefully) a pretty big series of C-ville fests. I'm also working on getting a venue for a relatively large-scale event. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

There isn't too much other information. This is a week before C3, so it'll be great practice for C3, and it's not lots of money either.

And lastly, I'd like to get some games in with the following..if you're coming- Aho (too busy low-tier crew battling @ UMBC..oops), G-reg's fox (i'm getting my 5 back), Chinesah, Vist (you're probably coming. you didn't quit, don't lie to yourself), and a few others.

Clearly you should post here if you're coming, and if you're bringing a setup. It's nice information to have.

Edit: should this have gone in regional zone?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
GAH NOOOO DUDE UMCP IS PLANNING ON ONE THE SAME DAY! and chu's got one too! The community is gonna be so split.

Sorry, we were gonna post it a few days ago, but aero's been putting it off because we aren't completely sure about our venue. There's a slight chance it won't happen, but we'll figure things out.

*sigh* it seems like the others are reluctant to do it since you guys are already established. We are never gonna have a tourney at this rate because chu hosts like every weekend. and then there's you guys. and C3. and UMBC.

aho43

Smash Lord
i'll try to come to this. my sister is gonna be visiting this weekend so I can't make any guarantees. i probably will not be going to Chu's. so its this or nothing. fyi this should probably be in Atlantic north regional.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
sweet **** man hey lets get up and figure out about having big venues around here and maybe if we work together we can get some regualary huge tournament thing goin?

HAT

Smash Ace
Hat make teams start at 6 @.@ ima try 2 get an early shift so i can get outa work at 5
I wouldn't mind making teams start at 6, but I'm not sure we'd have enough time to do everything if I did. I'll make the call when I see how many people show up. If there's a lot of people, i have to start teams right away.

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
i'll be able to come but i wont be there until like 8
yo when r u playin teams with me holmes? he we could rock a badass dk team (i gots ideas) lemme know wuts up peaCe

to all eelse...my dk is hard core now and im accepting ALL mms...lemme know whos down...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
EE lets play again, i have to do a gay fox ditto again, it was fun.

btw who do you consider your main?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Har har, anyone not at C3 trying to get some practice in tonight (saturday)? Or any time this week really.

HAT

Smash Ace
like i said in the first post, please bring as many setups as possible.

also, there's normally overwhelming support of these catonsville fests, and there's not much showing up here. if you've looked and you cant attend, i don't care; but if you've looked and you're either planning on attending or .. definitely attending, please post. i'd really like to know, because i'm thinking about adjusting the things around upstairs to accommodate more people more comfortably.

and finally, please spread the word about this fest. i think we would all like this to have good attendance so we can all get some good practice.

ps- who wants to smash this week, besides the usual? you up for it hova?

TAK$

Smash Ace
yo when r u playin teams with me holmes? he we could rock a badass dk team (i gots ideas) lemme know wuts up peaCe

to all eelse...my dk is hard core now and im accepting ALL mms...lemme know whos down...
ICs vs DK 5-10$ lets do it!

I'll be attending with a setup, I may be coming a bit late because I'm also going to chus.

editz: frozen, this time we HAVE to do more than one MM, you disappeared at C3 so i couldn't find you to do more. >__>

HAT

Smash Ace
TAK, we need to get some friendlies in. My sheik vs. iceys matchup needs work.

EE you owe me 3 dollars. haha, nah forget it. but i do want to get in some more roy vs. falco

hova you coming?

Top Bottom