• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Fight Night #9 - Long Island, New York - August 16th - 8/16/08

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Here's the results that everyone has been dying for!

Brawl Singles-
1st-
Eli (Wario, DK, Luigi, Kirby)
2nd-
Rafa (Wario, Pikachu, Ganondorf)
3rd-
Blackwaltz (olimar)
4th-
Blackanese (Ice Climbers, DeDeDe)
5th-6th-
ZRO (Falco, Kirby, DeDeDe) - Javi (Snake)
7th-
Kwabena (Snake, Toon Link)
X-0(aka Doommachine15, Chris) (Pikachu, Falco, Pit, Lucas, Rob, Snake, Zelda, Fox)
9th-10th-
DarkPch. (Peach) Chaos (Marth)
11-13th-
Nica K.O.
Alejandro P. (Snake)
DaBuz(Olimar)
14th-19th-
Whut?
Alex
Chris H
Sean G
Peter
Ace
20th-27th-
Matt R
Codi
Coinchaser
Rob
Patsie
Ken
Will
Mythos
28th-32nd
R.O.
P.B.
Skar
Abma
Mike

Brawl Doubles
Split
1st-
Eli-Alejandro P. - Zro-Blackanese
3rd-
Conway-Waltz
4th-
Rafa-Kwabena
5th-6th
Silver(Codi, Ken)
Patsie, DaBuz
7th-8th
Abma-Rob
Skar-Profo
9th-11th
Thunderpunch(Will, X-O)
Peter, Nica Ko
Alex, Javi
12th-13th
Am2n, Yani
RP, Coinchaser

Melee Singles
1st
Alejandro P (Peach, Marth)
2nd - tied
Eli (Dr. Mario, Ness)
Zro (Falco)
Blackanese (Ice Climbers?)
5th-6th
Korajen(Link)
Dark Pch. (Peach)
7th-8th
RP
Boxob(Shiek)
9th-12th
Matt
Coinchaser
Patwynne
Chris
13th-16th
Whut?
Dugsford
D.Fow
Codi
17th-21st
X-0
Will
PD
Ken
Sean G.

Congrats to Everyone and hope to see everyone there next time on September 13th.

And again we apologize for a couple of errors we may have made and promise next time it will be completely under control and everyone will be more informed!

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
lol make sure if someone is playing casuals when theyre not supposed to...that YOU as the tournament organizer and judge RESET that **** lol

dont feel bad...if you want to get things done thats how you do it....ive done it sooo many times when i run tournaments....then ppl know you dont play around when you run ****....keep it up man

oh yeah and dont allow ppl who are late to register even if they are there and they say they registered...

cuz ppl got into the tournament when the tournament was about 3 rounds in which shouldnt happen cuz its unfair and plus the person i played was on a stage that was banned and i wound up losing that match

3 byes just cuz someone didnt make sure they were in the tournament is messed up

just my 2 cents

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Well, this was my last tournament before I go back to school at Vandy in Tn. Thanks to LI smashers for making the first few tourneys I went to a lot of fun. I'll definitely try to make it back next summer, if not over thanksgiving break/christmas break/etc.

Out in 3, but I never have a problem because it seems like I always lose to someone who places top 4.

about the tourney: the only real problem i had, like nica said, is that people were playing casuals during the tourney

TOs- i know you told them to get off, but if they dont listen, just go over and unplug their controllers. theres no need to wait for a money match or casual no matter who's playing.

Players - stop staying on the sets! dont say youre waiting for the two people to come over, it just causes confusion. just get up and see if theres another TV for playing friendlies. if you stay on, the TOs have to ask you multiple times and **** gets slowed down. youre only making the tourney run slower and disallowing time for friendlies at the end.

i think that you guys should maybe set up one to two TVs for friendlies alone, and no friendlies at all on tourney TVs. have a ruleset, like if someone wants to get in, then you finish a best of 3 set, but no more (and they have to get off if they've already played that many). that's pretty standard, and i think it will help things run faster.

Shout outs-

First and foremost to Will and Chris for running the tournament, thanks for taking the time to do this guys, I had a lot of fun.

Will - thanks for the friendlies, jawesome DK as usual

DarkPch/ChaosMarth - Good meeting you guys, thanks for driving with me. Hit me up if you need rides in the future on LI

Zro - good matches, good **** on keeping it real with ness v my god awful captain falcon

Eli - way too good again, that downb edgeguard kill at like 20% was unreal. i gotta stop trying to counterpick against you because i dont think ive counterpicked one stage that hasnt made me suicide at least once

Mythos - good ****, you definitely had me the first game and it sucks about that slip-up. if you kept your composure you wouldve won the set, regardless awesome **** with keeping it up with the low tiers (ike and ive seen your link - good stuff)

Nica KO - Tipper at 60%! good comeback on doubles, sick marth, i guess its karma for being allowed to pick pictochat on counterpick

Rafa/Kwabena - completely destroyed me in teams, i dont think i got a kill both matches, good **** with ganon/zelda too

Waltz!! - always good talking to you man, good **** at keeping it up with olimar. one time ill learn that matchup, but for now all i can do is john about how i have no idea whats going on as you amass 90% in 2 seconds. seeing DK fly up and down off the ceiling in luigi's mansion = priceless

blackanese - next time you beat a certain olimar player again, make sure you check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_Protection_Program

MTD - were you there? i shouted like 3 times if MTD was there and no one responded, so i just grabbed another partner

And good **** to everyone else there. It was a lot of fun.

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
Patsie- haha yeah man i had my friends rooting for me and everything and i was down in percent was looking for the range for the tip and i caught it....i saw dabuz a little GRRR though lol i dont think he wanted to shake my hand =P

but yeah after that match i went up to my partner and told him like "yo we got lucky" and he was like yeah we did...good stuff to you guys though at beating that godly team of rafa and K

or am i lying o_O thinking that yuo guys put them in losers??

anyways they smacked me and my partner so badly...but i guess it was cuz they had more experience and plus better team work

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Patsie- haha yeah man i had my friends rooting for me and everything and i was down in percent was looking for the range for the tip and i caught it....i saw dabuz a little GRRR though lol i dont think he wanted to shake my hand =P

but yeah after that match i went up to my partner and told him like "yo we got lucky" and he was like yeah we did...good stuff to you guys though at beating that godly team of rafa and K

or am i lying o_O thinking that yuo guys put them in losers??

anyways they smacked me and my partner so badly...but i guess it was cuz they had more experience and plus better team work
Nah they were too good, we went 2-1 on them, their loss on Pictochat (I still think its a complete BS map - Will, you should ban it at the next tourney =P)

I don't think I got any kills on the two non-Pictochat maps =/

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Good **** to everyone I played, and everyone for showing up.

I'm sure that next time Will and Chris host a tournament, it will be even better.

Also the Melee singles results should probably have Zro, Blackanese, and me tied for 2nd or something, since we didn't play it out.

And add Kirby to my brawl characters used, lol. :)

-------

** Guys remember to come to the Game Table tournament I'm hosting this Saturday, August 23rd. The competition there will be incredible in both games. Plenty of TVs/setups will be available. Plus if you wanna get training from some of the best players in NY, that will be your first chance of many to come.

Conway

Smash Cadet
Great matches to everybody I played and grats to Eli, good **** man.

Waltz- I had a great time being your doubles partner, you know your ****, great Olimar. I hope to play with you again some time.

Dark_Peach- Great, great **** man. I know how hard that matchup is with Peach and you did a very good job beating me. I actually started to play Peach because of you, great insperation! :p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Conway- ha ha ha, you wanna play Peach now? I feel like jebus. But thanks for the comment. Your have a great meta. I was actually nervous cause of the match up alone, and I was having trouble at first. All I see is snakes and meta's so I am use to these 2 with Peach (as hard as it is for her) Maybe next time we can play again.

Eli- Sick and great/epic tournament set. I still gotta figure out DK, believe it or not, that is my worst match up. I do better against snake and Meta than DK......with Peach ._____. And congrats on winning.

Ace (the fox player) Nice Fox dude. Dont play too many of them. the comback you made and nearly beat me in our second match was nice.

Choas Marth - Nice set we had. After you beat me the second fight..I got heated and went all out on the third one. And your welcome for the coaching :p

Patsie- Dude once again, thanks a million for the ride to the tourny from the train and back. Really greatful and a big help. good luck up in TN.

I cant remember the others I played so GG to thoses I played in melee and brawl. until next time.

P.S Peach is too good for this game. ;)

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Eli - You really destroyed me in that match. I should have tried doing something else, but I always not try against him because I used to play Marth in melee. Now I have to try to step it up because good players like you will DESTROY me like you did. I didn't play your other characters one on one, but I'm more than sure you are great with all of them.

Rafa - Nice matches against your Wario. Every set except my counterpick it ended up being about 130% or higher. Very close and exciting games!

Blackanese - Good jokes. You are fun ehh. You and Zro need to learn how to beat me though so you guys can take first! Also, Tie your shoes Olimar!

ZRO - Great seeing you and Blackanese again! Can't wait till we play each other again!

Javi - Were you the snake that I had played?

DarkPch. Good representing Peach. If she's too good for the game, when will they make her a game where she bakes Mario the cake?

DaBuz - Calm down. Take it in stride. Prepare against matchups more or lose like I did. Good olimars are what we need.

Patsie - Man, we didn't get to play at all (or enough?). I've talked my friend into coming to the terrabyte tourney, he should show up. Can't wait!

Will - Great friendlies, had fun (:

-If I forgot you, you aren't important-
Just kidding.

Really though, I have a selective memory, so sorry for forgetting anyone.

Uh.. if anyone finds a sensor bar for the Wii, mine vanished!

Ryan-K

Smash Master
dpeach- come to LI im working on my brawl peach and i need some help with her >_<

ill try to help you with dk a bit but i dont use him LOL but my specialty with matchup help is wario :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would go if I can get a ride and such. With no job I cant be spending cash like that. trains to L.I are exspensive.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
how would candles work? you might have to buy a new one then, but make sure to buy a wired one because i bought a wireless one when my bunny chewed up the wire on my other one, the wireless eats batteries and doesn't always work correctly

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
how would candles work? you might have to buy a new one then, but make sure to buy a wired one because i bought a wireless one when my bunny chewed up the wire on my other one, the wireless eats batteries and doesn't always work correctly
Just set 2 candles instead of the sensor bar and it will read the infered the same as a sensor bar. google it.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
shout outs 2 every1 i played, talked 2 ... and even saw. that includes u random lady that i seen driving a go kart outside 4 about 3 seconds

and shoutouts 2 burger king =D

and get at every1 getting a crown from there after seeing zro having it on lmfao

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
uh, its down cause i requested it and hopefully the person who put it down(i wont say so you wont ask) will be nice and keep it down(thanks btw for that kindness)

Top Bottom