• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov 22-23, 08 - Alberta, CAN - MELEE ONLY - It's over! T^T

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
This topic is full of mad hate ;_;

Anyways Brad. I'm hoping on Alex to get his drivers license so I can get a ride from him, otherwise, my backup plan will be to greyhound.

Awwwe, so the dinner will only be for the people who came to cast3? ;_;

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Awwwe, so the dinner will only be for the people who came to cast3? ;_;
Probably not. I don't like that idea much anymore considering only half a dozen of the current list didn't come to cast3, not including BC/EC.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
If that were the case, Victor wouldn't be able to come lol

Levi! Use the edit button or you'll get bad CG croc-slammed.

I'm teaming with Sho, so you can list us as a team. We don't have a team name yet.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol roustane destroys wc?

thats RDWC :p

lol, gay it completely? if only i was good at it :/

Levi5

Smash Ace
Great Bay

We can camp like it's brawl again; YESSSSSSSSS

Make it counter pick for 2v2 but not 1v1. No one deserves to do get camped in melee. Not even brawl noobs.

Cons:
Main platform above to side platforms. (Lot's of camping because approaching is impossible)
Water levels always make recovering fukt.
Turtle has weird traction.
Turtle Saves.
People get spiked by the main platform if they miss a tech after 20%.
Leaning platform on the left.
Close death zone on left side.
stupid huge roof and rightside killzone.

Pros:
Tingle saves.
Turtle saves.

It's not about personal preference at all. I love the stage. I'd just rather not see a good player screwed over because of a stage rather than skill. You can always get people to agree on banned stages anyways.
2 cents etc.

Last edited:

kithkin

Smash Champion
Not like it'll cause any problems. (edit: thats in response to afterdawn)

Wait I thought John was teaming with Sid?

>_> I only had that idea victor because we're gonna ahve A. too many people for BP to handle.

B. I like screening people.

edit: yeah Termina might not be a good idea for 1v1.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
If I find this one video of somebody totally abusing Great Bay's faults, I'll find it and post it here...because honestly, the stage is cool and all, but you've got to set personal preferences aside in a tournament and think of how it works in a competitive environment. ie, Temple is one of my favorite stages in Melee, but **** if that was a legal stage.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
oh, well ill see then

who wants tyson as their teammate

(expects someone similar in skill level and im only 75% sure i can go lol)

kithkin

Smash Champion
YOU WILL TAKE THE CAR OF THE WARRIOR

AFTER GETTING OFF OF WORK LIKE A WARRIOR

If it's cold I'm bringing my coat of the warrior.

Lol great bay, stage spike column. Just backthrow or downtilt.... or anything XD Sooo campy.

I just like the stage I didn't expect him to say yes.

I agree with it being banned 1v1 for sure.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
If you make Great Bay legal for teams the amount of 4 way fox matches there will be disgusting >_> You can't win there against good fox players; teams or not.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lolol talk about being arrogant to the max, no one cares about u alphican haha.

lmao, and i only play 3v3 hunters

if i 3v3 u, it would be gg ****.

haha, and kage, ur right!

screw it! ill 1v2 in doubles! lmao :p

or ill team with a level 9 ganon hahaha

yes, i dunno how good u are but ya, someone around my skill level would be nice.

i falco main, and in teams, probably ganon or marth 2nd.. GANON POWER!

edit: or if i played a control game too, im good at those.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tyson, I am one of the most arrogant ppl ever. You probably wouldn't beat me 3v3 hunters anyways, because you would need a set team, and I already have a team in mind. Plus I am now officially C+ Iccup, which is pretty high ranked. But I accept any challenge that is a byproduct of this message.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol c+, my friends get c+(iccup) in like a night or two playing teams together at university. and im better than them at teams.

and my two friends that play in iccup, i would just team with them. thats 3 of us. and i have another friend in korea, he's semi pro, but i rarely talk to him anymore anyway.

wheres ur team lol, and thats nice ur arrogant, hope to see ur *** get whipped by rubbing someone a bit too much.

and nah, im not good at everything.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
C+ would require a lot more then a night or two. C+ is pretty much at the hasu level. You'd have to 5000 points, and with 100 points per game that is won, that's 40 games(you start with 1000), in two nights. That's assuming they didn't lose a single game. Ok so 40 games, at around an average of lets say 10 minutes, and an additional 5 minutes for finding a game. That's 10 hours at the bare minimal. Now lets factor in some variables in this equation. First of all, 20 games a night is pretty stressful. Like that's serious hard core training for a foreigner gamer (meaning non-korean). One could not last that long without suffering a loss. Second of all, depending on the time you did this, whether it be the start or middle or the end of that season, there are many B-A gamers that start out as D. B-A is pretty much a gosu player, and A koreans are near pro. Even if you started middle or late season, you'd still run into some top class gamers, because not every1 starts at the beginning of the season.

New paragraph for relief... Now I am gonna take some A+ gamers into consideration for this "equation." The best record on Iccup was 87-4 by Light[gm], which is pretty kick ***. Other A+ players are like 120-30, 300-100, and so on. a 40-0 C+ would be like an A+ gamer in the making right there, and A+ takes a lot of practice (we're talking south korean coach training).

Now I can assume you guys didn't go 5 hours straight a night with no breaks, especially on SC, just because of the sheer intensity of the game. Also I am gonna assume he lost at least 40% of his games. 60% is a really good percentage to have. Realistically, I would guess it would take one of your friends at least 4 days 2 get C+. And that's 4 full days, not nights. I didn't factor in MOTW, i am sorry about that, but i am just going on averages and ****.

And that is the reason for my skeptical ism.

kithkin

Smash Champion
P.S. Found that Great Bay video. Doesn't matter anymore since Victor's keeping it banned, but if anybody wanted to see it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tROAjIudnXY
Thats not even as bad as a regular match dude...

Tyson, I am one of the most arrogant ppl ever. You probably wouldn't beat me 3v3 hunters anyways, because you would need a set team, and I already have a team in mind. Plus I am now officially C+ Iccup, which is pretty high ranked. But I accept any challenge that is a byproduct of this message.
$50 MM Double blind, FD 1 match

Your hands tied behind your back and your controller unplugged.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
one of them is from korea, he's a pharmacist, the other is from mainland china, he's a chemical engineer like me, all of us are at the uofa.

intensity? pff nothing to us bud.

u just wait till u get ur *** whipped into shape by uni and ull kno that 8 hours of sc means nothing.

i have studied for 13 hours straight with no break (except going to the washroom lol) and no meals at the uni library, its not that hard, so playing sc for 10 hours isnt hard either.

and yes, they were playing from 8pm till 4-7am or something in the morning, and it was in the middle of last season's or maybe last last, i dont play on iccup, cause i remember them complaining that the new season is up and they lost their ranks.

keep in mind this is teams, not 1v1s.

its not like it matters anyway, where's ur team, 3v3 hunters. im rusty now since all i play is cod4 or ums games on sc, but ill still take u and ur team on.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol teams is like the best thing ever, better than singles imo.

lets get these teams settled!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No one wants to team with me?

lol
No one else is black.

Btw Tyson, I thought you're teaming with Sid?

@Everyone: Do you know anyone who has confirmed to cast4 but never posted in this thread? I know Adam has, but he hasn't replied when I asked.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i thought that too but i heard from brad? (i forgot lol) that sid is teaming with john

Top Bottom